Status: New! Updates will be everyday right now.

I Breathe You In With Smoke

Chapter 1.

My father didn't say anything on the car ride home from Mr. Attsworth's office. He usually never did. But you think he would now. I was disappearing for three months and he couldn't say he was proud, excited, or happy for me? I guess that was just Mr. Altman though, always business never love. When I walked back into my house I heard my Dad telling my mom the news as I walked up to my room.

I sat on my bed and tore the thick orange envelope open. There was maybe fifty sheets of information on everything that was going to happen. Schedules, interviews, information about tomorrow, living space, money, just everything. I read the first page as I ripped two large suitcases and smaller bags from my closet, I would be staying on a bus with three other photographers and two writers, plus one assistant for everyone.

I started to throw my huge collection of tank tops into the first suitcase and thought about everything going on tomorrow. I would have to meet my bus in the venue. My 'assistant' would be there to help me with my bags. I would immediately get my picture taken to be put on my all access pass that was inside the envelope. There was so much to consider. I would be so busy. About five pages in there was large bold writing on the top of the sheet. "YOU WILL NEVER STOP WORKING. DON'T BE A BITCH." The paragraph underneath went to read out how I would also have to photograph after party's and bands could make appointments with me for photo shoots whenever they wanted free of charge. Anyone could for that matter, as long as they had a pass.

I had packed everything in the matter of four hours, jeans, shirts, tanks, skirts, dresses, sneakers, heels, makeup, hair supplies, panties, bras, my camera stuff, everything. It took forever but at least I got to finish reading through all of the information. There was a lot to remember, but nothing I couldn't handle.

It was nine thirty when I had everything together. I thought about calling my 'friends' to say goodbye or maybe hangout one last time. But I didn't really feel the need to. They weren't actually my friends, they were the people in my social group. Everyone acted like they were friends here, but we really all hated each other.

I climbed into my large circular bed at around. I wasn't anticipating waking up at six tomorrow. But I had to be at the venue by seven to get ready for my first day and to get settled onto our private bus. My eyes got heavy after around twenty minutes and I lulled into a deep sleep.

~

My alarm went off at exactly six AM. A time I hadn't seen in a long while. It was hard for me to get up. Really hard. I threw myself out of my bed onto the floor. One of the only things left in my dresser was the outfit I had set out last night. I pulled my high-waisted blue shorts up and buttoned my white see through blouse up as well, I had a camisole on under that. I pulled my ankle high boots onto my feet and grabbed my sunglasses off of the night stand and placed the black and gold fedora atop my head.

My mother was downstairs drinking her coffee and I guess the maid had put my bags by the door because they sat there stacked on top of one another. My mom looked up from the newspaper and smiled very large at me.

"I'm going to drive you over to the hotel Lai." She said putting her BB in her purse.
"Thanks mom. I'll go bring my stuff out to the car."

When we got to the shit streamline hotel I saw about 25 large buses outside plus about 25 more white Vans filled with people sleeping. I looked at the meet up paper and read for the thirteenth time that Tina, my new assistant, would be waiting for me by the front entrance with the bus. And just as we pulled up I noticed a little red head girl who looked extremely tired.

"Have a good summer darling, BBM me!" My mom shouted as I closed the door and Tina helped me pull my bags out of the trunk.
"Hello I'm Tina! You must be Lailer!" She said more perkier than she looked.
"I am indeed." I said shyly.
She grinned largely at me and grabbed two of my cases, I grabbed the other two. I followed her onto a large black bus, that wasn't that large on the inside.

I looked around and saw the front driving cabin, a kitchenette, a small living area, and a door that must have gone back to the bunks. Tina put my stuff in the corner and told me to empty it slowly into my drawers in the sleeping cabin because everyone else was sleeping.

"Who's everyone else?" I asked quietly forgetting everyone in there right minds would be sleeping right now.
"The other two photographers are Dom and Andy, sorry you're the only chick. But the writer are Nina and Matt. They're all pretty nice from what I can tell, we've only known each other for a week so don't think you're too far behind."

I smiled at her as she helped me put my thing into the large drawers reserved for me. Everything fit comfortably around my top bunk. I got the top out of three! How weird. I would've expected the very bottom or something. I shrugged it off and tiptoed back into the living area with Tina. She seemed nice enough and I already felt I was comfortable with talking to her so I wasn't necessarily shy anymore.

"Let's go explore this place," I said to her quietly, "We can go get coffee or something, my treat!"
She smiled and looked at the time. "Alright but we have to be back by ten to start getting ready."

I grabbed my bag and jumped off the bus with her, I saw a few adorable band guys going on early morning jogs, a couple eyed me up but I didn't take it too seriously. Tina and I walked across the street to a conveniently placed Starbucks. When we walked inside she said hello and introduced me to a few other specific assistants for other people who's names I didn't really care to remember. We met the angry little cashier and asked for Caramel lattes. She rang them up and I paid with some of the cash in my purse.

We sat down at an empty table. Tina told me all about her life and how she was from New Jersey and she had been traveling for AP's writers and photographers for about four years now. I smiled and realized everyone here was probably going to be a lot older than me.

"So what's you're story kid?" She asked sipping her drink to keep herself from not talking about her life anymore.
"Uh, spoiled rich kid who grew up in LA and was too lazy to find her own job so her father went out and got one for her." I said quietly.
Tina nearly spit out her coffee laughing, "Wow seriously?"
"No joke." I shrugged.
"Well I had to work my ass off to just get an assistant job but hey if you know the right people why not right?" She smiled at me.

I suddenly felt bad. Some people were really devoted to getting jobs like these and mine was just haded to me without any work behind it. Just as Tina was about to say something I heard the bell on the door jingle and I looked up to see the most attractive man I had ever laid my eyes on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still a little boring but we're just getting started you know? Thanks if you subscribed last chapter!