Status: Completed

This Is the End

C h a p t e r 1 2 ;

Once Mom had finished hugging the life out of me, she pulled me into the living room where Dad was sat, reading the newspaper. As we entered he peeked over the top of the black and white print, his eyes landed on me and opened widely, as if he was in shock. I could see relief and happiness in his slowly fading grey eyes, he put the newspaper down all together as he got up and walked to me, pulling me into a hug.

“My little princess, I’ve missed you” he whispered, his voice cracking a little.

“I’ve missed you too, Dad” I replied softly, wrapping my arms around his waist.

He pulled back, a smile on his face as he took me in.

“It hasn’t been long, but you have changed into a beautiful young adult”

“Thanks, Dad” I smiled in reply.

That night, for the first time in months me sat as a family at the dining table, though only one person was missing from the set. I hadn’t felt the need to mention her name, though I knew it was time I should accept what happened and move on. I looked around, both my parents were peacefully eating the meal placed in front of them, I took a deep breath before the words escaped my mouth.

“How’s Eliza?” I asked softly.

Both parent’s looked at each other from either side of the table. The once peaceful and comfortable silence became awkward. Dad looked at me, a smile as always plastered upon his face.

“I honestly don’t know darling, we haven’t heard from her since…well you know. I regret what I said to her when I found out, I shouldn’t have disowned her like I did. But at that moment it only seemed fair, I know being her father I shouldn’t have acted that way, but when I heard what had happened, I couldn’t imagine the pain- the betrayal you were feeling. She’s your older sister, she shouldn’t have dreamed of dong that to you- should never of dreamed of hurting you. She was your role model, someone to look up too. But she goes and messes around with your ex-fiancé. I hate to be the one to apologise for her actions, but I truly am sorry, princess” he spoke softly, his voice cracking a little.

Tears were escaping from the rims of my eyes, I got up swiftly and wrapped my dad into a hug. He did all that for me, because he knew how I felt, he knew what I was going through, but how? How did he know? Did mom do something similar? Oh my god. She wouldn’t though, mom’s just- mom. Surely? I knew I would have to question him about it further, but not now. Dad knew it himself that I would have questions. I didn’t have to say anything, dad already knew what I would say. Dad and I had always been the best of friends, it was just a special bonding we had always had since the day I was born. I was thankful to have him, and I knew he was thankful to have me too. No matter how old I grew, I’d always be his little princess. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

After dinner, I sat with my parents in the living room, watching some random show. I was snuggled up with a blanket on the couch, my head resting on the arm rest pillow. Mom was sat at the other end of the couch, my feet resting on her lap, as for dad he was sitting in his chair just beside the couch. I was just dozing off when the doorbell rang. Mom gently moved my feet from her lap before heading towards the front door, dad and I looked at each other, and I noticed his face pale as the front door shut. I turned around to see the one person I thought I’d never see again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise for taking such a silly amount of time too update this story. I have been currently sitting exams, so haven't really had the time to sit down and write. But today i thought i may as well, this isn't a very imporant chapter, just a filler for the time being.
Thanks for commenting;

whilethefirewasout; hachie & Riley McDonough

It's much appreciated! Thank-you(: <3