Status: Completed

This Is the End

C h a p t e r 1 3 ;

You know how people say that things can’t get any worse? Well when I turned around to see my older sister, Eliza, stood in the doorway staring straight at me. Though my eyes were not fixated on her face, but her huge stomach- she was pregnant. I could feel the colour drain from my face, a familiar sickness feeling deep in my stomach. Was it John’s? How could I have not thought about that before? What-

“Yes, Annie. It’s John’s” she spoke as if reading my mind, cutting into my deep trail of thoughts.

I couldn’t tell what my facial expression was at that point, I just looked at dad and saw the disappointment in his eyes.

“What are you even doing here, Eliza?” He asked casually. Remembering the conversation we had earlier, he was trying his best.

“I’ve been planning on showing up for a while” she walked from the door way, to perch herself on the couch in front of the large window. “When I found out I was pregnant, I tried my best to get some kind of income flowing through, just enough to keep the baby and I a float for a while. But when that failed, I had no option. I thought as my parents you’d at least help me out a little. I know that’s rude of me, but I really need help. You’re going to be grandparents” she finished, fiddling with her hands that rested on her lap.

She may be my sister, but I couldn’t forgive her for what she did, and now he being pregnant with my ex fiancé’s baby- well that just makes things worse. It makes me hate them both even more.

“Why’d you keep it?” I blurted out. She looked at me, as if it was some kind of joke. It wasn’t. It was a serious question. Since she didn’t answer, I carried on. “I mean, he doesn’t care right? I mean if he did care about you, he would have stayed with you, am I right? He would have been there for you. But seeing as he’s not, probably hooking up with groupies as he toured, most recently. Why put yourself through it? You’ve only cared about one person, and that’s yourself. You’re heartless, you were suppose to be my role model, you were suppose to be there for me when I needed you. You were my big sister! Yet, you slept with my fiancé. Why did you do that? Was it because I had someone who loved me? Was it because I was closer to having my happy ending, that you so desperately wanted, so you seduced him, so that I wouldn’t. So you would win. Well look where that got you, Eliza! A single mother, with no job, no money. Then you turn up here, unannounced to ask for money, and you expect to get some? Well I tell you something, you will not have anything from me, from how I see it, this is karma, and it bit you in the arse hard. You deserve everything you get!” I spat at her, whilst trying to catch my breath. Tears escaped from my eyes, trailing wet lines down my cheeks. I looked at mom and then dad, seeing their shock expressions to my sudden outburst that had been stewing for the last couple of months. I took this at my cue to leave, and retreated to my old bedroom.

No-one’s Point of View

As Annie snuggled up into the soft duvet cover of her old bed she slept in as a teenager, her parents and her sister stayed in the living room. It was quiet at first, no-one said anything. All that could be heard was the clock ticking aimlessly on the mantle piece.

Tom, Eliza and Annie’s father sat unmoved, his foot resting on his opposite knee. His foot tapping the ground as he was deep into thought. He looked at his eldest daughter, who was sat in front of him.

“You really destroyed what this family had, you know that Eliza” He spoke bluntly.

Eliza tore her eyes from her hands, before meeting the eyes of her father. She felt some what a tiny bit of guilt for what she did, but she didn’t regret what she did. If anything she was glad she done it, her sister always got what she wanted, she was the favourite out of the two of them. She was the perfect daughter. Eliza had always tried to grab the attention of her parents, she worked hard in school to get the best grades possible, she had attended college until all this happened, when she had to drop out since she couldn’t afford the fees. If anything, she had always blamed her younger sister for everything. In her eyes and state of mind, Eliza hated Annie. She stole everything she would have received when being an only child.

What no-one knew was that, Eliza had always been in love with John Cornelius O’Callaghan V. Since the moment Annie brought him home all those years ago, she had been hooked. His beautiful moss green eyes, his amazing personality, and that handsome crooked grin. She wanted him, and would have done anything to get him. Seeing as she despised her younger sister, she wouldn’t have to worry about the guilt, or the consequences of the actions she would later make.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, had a lot going on. Just haven't had the time to write anything until now. I know it was a bit soon to bring Eliza into the story again, so we will see how this goes and what you guys think. Thanks for commenting;
whilethefirewasout && hachie

I really appreciate it! (:
<3