Treasure in the Trash.

A new friend.

A new day had soon dawned on the garbage dump. Billie opened his door and sighed, looking out into the vast wasteland he called home. To most people it was all messy and just filled with unwanted items. But Billie knew this wasn't true. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, and he would give anything unwanted a home. As he climbed down, he felt something touch the side of his foot. Looking down, he saw a small paper bag on the ground. He picked it up and opened it. Food.

He knew that the garbage men had been leaving him food. They felt sorry for him. He took it inside and ate most of it for his lunch. He knew how to look after his food. He walked along happily and started to search for things for his van. Items that most people didn't really seem to care about.

In his search, he came across a pair of keys with a button embedded on them. He looked at it, before pressing the button. He jumped when he heard a loud “bleep bleep” from somewhere ahead of him. After that, he found a small blue box. He opened it and inside was a small, beautifully shiny ring. Billie took the ring out, before chucking it away, without realizing its potential value. All he wanted was the box. He smiled when he flipped its lid open and, then closed it again. He put it in his treasure collecting box and began exploring again.

He found many different items that day, as he was making his way back. He saw a man, in his little... home patch looking around. Billie frowned slightly, watching the man. He gasped... The man was going towards his home.

At first he wasn’t sure what to do, other than stand there, treasures in his hands, waiting to see if the man would attempt to enter the van. When he saw his arm reaching for the door that would reveal the inside of his home, he let out a small cry of fury, dropping what he had collected and gesturing at the man. He raced through the garbage and dived in front of the man, using his arms to block the doors off.

"Ah-uh!"

"Whoa!" the man uttered, surprised. He slowly backed away from the van, his piercing blue eyes looking into Billie's crazed green ones.

Billie gazed at him quietly and looked around before climbing into the van, peeking through a gap in the door. Billie could talk, but only simple phrases he had learned from strangers and from the garbage men.

"Whoooo.. a-.. rrre.. you?"

The man replied, still taken aback by the sudden interjection. "I..I'm Mike, nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand slowly, hoping that Billie would come out from his hiding place.

Billie made a small whistle sound and looked at Mike. He opened the van doors and climbed out, making sure Mike didn't see inside his home. He carefully inspected Mike's hand and lifted his arm up, looking for any treasures he might have. He happened to notice a silver wristwatch, glinting just under the sleeve of Mike's shirt. He reached for it quickly, and was angered when Mike shook him off.

Mike reached out his hand once again. Billie frowned slightly. He tried to the same as Mike and held out his grubby, filthy hand.

"Bil.. Billiiieeee."

"Billie," Mike repeated softly. "That's a nice name."

Billie nodded slowly. He walked around Mike, as though analyzing him or something. He went over to his van and opened the door. He waved his hand, beckoning him to come in. "Mi.. ikkeee"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the Reverend [me!] Credit goes to Gloria for editing