The Silver Chain

The Silver Chain: Chapter 7

Fen woke the next morning with a start. He greatly hoped that it had not been all a dream. He opened his eyes and looked around. He closed his eyes. If it was dream, it was a rather nice one. Aerin was asleep, using him as a pillow. He opened his eyes again, and seriously considered pinching himself. He didn't, deciding that the rest of his body hurt enough to make up for what pinching would have done. The fire was smoking pitifully nearby, but it was unimportant and Fen had absolutely no interest in getting up, and more importantly, giving up his position as a pillow.
Aerin opened her eyes. It was midmorning, and she was mildly surprised to see that she had been using Fen as a cushion. Fen, clearly awake, though his eyes were closed, seemed not to mind, despite his injuries.
They took their time that day, in getting back to the village. Fen seemed to be heading there because she was; she supposed that he had no where else to go right now. His family had just attempted to kill him, after all. Fen and Aerin reached the village around midmorning. She quietly took Fen up to her loft-room. There she gathered all the things she owned, and just as quietly, they left again. Never again did the little village see either Aerin or Fen, for they married within a year. They traveled the countries, until they finally found what they were looking for. A small village, much like the one they had left behind forever, but infinitely more friendly. There they settled down, content beyond their abilities to describe, with three children and, against all odds, an old tomcat.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end of story number two. ^_^
Um...let me know if you guys liked it, like i said before, it makes me happy, which means i'm less likely to kill off future characters. Also, if you have any requests, i do a lot of mythicly based stories, and will probably comply if i have the right inspiration.