The Dating Rules of a Record Label

A Wedding

-BLOGWORTHY.COM-

“For a new socialite in town, Kaya Sambora is quite late on the dating scene. However, that changed last Saturday night. K was spotted out in London's hot spot Cafe De Paris, flirting. How was K flirting you ask? Let's put it in a simple way- Little Kaya Sambora put Miss Hilton to a shame. But my lovely readers, what I dont comprehend is that how can she be so shy only three hours earlier before the exclusive party hosted by Peaches Geldof? Chris from Radio 1 kept trying to pry out Kaya's known but rarely-seen wild side but failed after the umpteenth time. Oh don't you deny! You were indeed listening to that radio interview! Quiet was the noise of little Kaya, whom recently bought a place with her cousin around the borders of London.

Then three hours later, Miss Sambora gets it on with our closet boy William Moseley! Kaya please- that hug and arms around each other all night was indeed something. What should we call them? Killiam? Waya? Kay-illium? Comment on a perfect couple name for K and W! Meanwhile, stick around for more on BlogWorthy.com!”

*****

"You'd be a good advertiser on the radio," I say, exiting out of the blog site and shutting down the computer.

"Thanks- but that blog was complete shit!" Yumi laughs.

"I know it was. I only talked to William for like two minutes," I roll my eyes, "And I never flirted with him! I just asked how the filming of Prince Caspian was going!"

"How is it going?" Yumi asks as we walk to her bedroom.

"...I forgot, Perez Hilton got me drunk so I can spill the name of my virginity taker."

Yumi bursts out laughing, "That's Perez! Do you think he blogged you?"

I lie on the bed, "Nope. He was with me when I ran into closet boy and he said that BlogWorthy.com is run my nonamers. He doesn't consult with those people," I laugh.
Yumi smiles and gets a dress out of her closet.

"Just got delivered two days ago." It was a red above the knee dress with thin straps and a ribbon on the side. I was a bit poufy at the end. It was simple yet so rock n roll you could wear converse with it and still have sex appeal.

"Sexy!" I whistle.

Yumi smiles cheekily, "I'm wearing converse with it."

***

Today is my friend's wedding day. Her name is Pixie (seriously) and she and I used to be neighbors in Los Angeles. And then when I was 16, Pixie moved back to England (She's a native Londoner) and met some guy at a pub in Manchester. Pixie's new lover is named Scott and they've been in love ever since. Now they're getting married in like...five hours.
I wish I had it that easy.

I wish I could meet someone who is perfect in my eyes. I want to have the ability to see myself with a boy who I know I'll love...but of course, we always don't get what we want.

********

"I feel stiff- like a china doll," I whisper to Yumi as we walk down the aisle of the church to get to our seats.

"You shouldn't have chosen that cute baby doll dress then." Yumi replies, and then smiles and waves to a couple people we pass by. She knows Scott, the groom. It's funny how we're connected through so many common people.

"It's not the dress," I wave at Pixie's parents, "It's the hairspray! You used three-fourths of the can on my hair- you eco-enemy!"

"Oh boohoo...you'll wash it out later," Yumi smiles as we take a seat near the front. I notice people look at me but I ignore them. I thought I heard someone call out my name but I ignore it. Then I hear someone call out Yumi's name. I look behind me at the farther away seats but I don't see anyone asking for us.

I look around the church. It smells like soft wood and Holy water...heh. I look away from the large cross on the wall- the little loin cloth on Jesus disturbs me...because it's so small.
The wedding is about to start because Scott is acting really nervous and is at the front, looking a bit pale yet excited. He smiles at Yumi and me. I give him the thumbs up.

Then Yumi gets a text message. I watch her read it. Then she has this look of shock on her face.

"What is it?" I whisper as wedding music begins to play. Everybody stands up to respect the bride. I stand up too and out of habit- smooth the invisible wrinkles of my strapless black baby doll dress. I feel the thick plum colored pantyhose softly stretch over my leg skin.
"Nothing," she apparently lies and looks behind us to the far right aisle (we were on the left). I follow her gaze and just as Pixie pasts me in her long white wedding dress, my eyes meet the eyes of Dougie Poynter.

**********

He's here. Dougie is actually here! And he's looking at me! Should I turn to look at him?

Maybe I'm just imagining things. After all, I did have a glass of wine.

But the look on Yumi's face tells me that I'm not imagining things. I slowly turn to look back at Dougie. And I see him- the most handsome, gorgeous, sexy, "damn!" boy ever in the history of man. I quickly turn back to look in front of me. It was so quick I got whiplash.

"Do you, Pixie take Scott to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whisper and pinch Yumi.

"I didn't know!" Yumi replied.

"Do you, Scott, take Pixie to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Oh hell on Earth..." I mutter, "And I'm in a church!"

**********

"Well what a surprise!" Danny chuckles, "I didn't expect to see you lovely ladies here," He smiles and double kisses Yumi and I on the cheek.

I smile and double kiss Danny, Tom, Giovanna, Harry, Oliver...and Dougie.

Yes...Dougie.

But it felt weird. It's like I was scared to kiss his cheek let alone even look at him. When I felt part of his lips on my skin, I felt warm yet so cold and nervous. I didn't like it.

"How are you guys?" I ask sitting down at a table. McFLY and Oliver just happen to be sitting with us by reservation.

Lovely.

"We're fine," Oliver says, "Busy of course."

"What have you been up to?" Tom asks me. He doesn't ask Yumi because he sees her like...all the time.

I play with the fork on the table, "Oh you know- just hanging out-"

"And guest starring on TV shows and hanging with celebs," Yumi interrupts.

"Like William Moseley!" Harry cheers sitting next to me.

"Harry you read that blog? No," I roll my eyes, "I only chatted with William for two minutes and it was just to be polite." I quickly look at Dougie but when I try to look away, he locks my gaze onto him.

"So you and William aren't dating?" Oliver asks.

Dougie looks at him and next thing I hear is Oliver softly jumping and mumbling, "Ow that really hurt..."

Dougie let me go from his stare. Good then because now I can breathe properly.

"No- we're not. Never will at all." I mumble, getting embarrassed.

The table is silent. Everybody around us mingling about. I have yet to say my congratulations to Pixie and Scott.

"So Dougie-" Yumi tries lightening up the scene, "How is Kendra?"

I look at her. Why did she ask that? That just makes everything worse!

I just want to crawl in a hole and die right now.

Dougie shrugs as I look at him, waiting for his answer.

How IS his girlfriend? His lover? The girl he kisses...

"I don't know how she is- we broke up last week," He looks at me as I continue to stare at him in hidden disbelief and shock.

They broke up?!

"Oh that's too bad," Yumi pinches me under the table. I make a little jump like I was shocked.
Yumi I really hate you right now!

Dougie shrugs again, "I've moved on," Then he briefly looks at me again.

I avert my gaze to the napkin in my lap.

He's single and moved on. I'm single and was constructed by Yumi to play subtly hard to get.
"Where do you two live?" Danny asks drinking a glass of red wine, "Because Yumi you never told us so we couldn't crash your house at 2 AM."

I let Yumi talk. I'm too busy trying to figure out how to act. If I act distant- he'll think I'm mad at him- I'm not. If I act close- He'll think I only made a move because he's on the market now. I guess I should just act...well I don't know really.

I think I think too much.

"We live in the Hemmingway complex," Yumi answered.

"Cool we live like two blocks down from you! We all live in our own condos and we're neighbors. Oliver even lives by us...the poor man," Harry smiles.

My gut lightly twists. Dougie has been living near me all along? And we never saw each other? wow.

"Hey neighbor!" I punch Harry's arm.

"Oh it was you who had the kitchen fire!" Danny laughs.

I look and Yumi and smile, "Yes...that was us."

She sighs with wide eyes, "That was ONE time!"

********

I can't believe they left us alone.

I look at the dancing crowd. Pixie just stuffed Scotts face with cake.

Tom is off somewhere with Giovanna. Danny and Yumi and dancing together. Oliver made fake phone rings and left to answer the "call" and Harry said he was thirsty and went to get a drink- ten minutes ago.

They all left on purpose.

Dougie is sitting across from me. His tie is loose around his neck and the collar is unbuttoned. It looks quite sexy but I'm refusing to look at him. And I feel like a wall flower...and I'm not even wearing a floral-y like dress!

I really like him- but this just can't happen. He still messed up by playing me. Once a cheater always a cheater right?

And if I look at him- I might melt. He looks so...good in a suit jacket and tux pants.

"So how are you really?" Dougie finally talks to me. I actually wanted him to talk first. I'm stubborn after all. I look at him. He's looking at me contently. I glance at his lips.

"I'm fine...a bit tired; you?" I sip my wine.

"Good as well."

I get the butterflies as he looks at me. But he seems so far away because A) I'm pushing him away. And B) this is one big circular table we're at. And when everybody ditched us, the table got bigger.

"Kaya," Dougie says.

The first time I hear him say my name...

"Yeah?" I fiddle with the hem of my dress.

"Would you like to dance...with me." Dougie stands and walks over to me. He outstretches his hand.

I look up at him. Dear Rock gods he's glowing...

I nod my head and softly put my hand in his. He holds it as I get up. His hand is warm and soft. And I'm in secret shock.

I'm nervous beyond nervous as Dougie leads me to the dance floor. It was a slow song.
Yumi spots me as I spot her and she whistles while talking with Pixie. I ignore her, turning a bit pink.

I put my body close to his. And I get flashbacks of our 'non-date' last summer.
I feel his warm breath on my neck as he puts a hand on my waist and holds my other one lightly.

At first, as Dougie and I danced, I ignored his gaze. Then when Dougie quickly and lightly caressed my thumb, I looked into his eyes. We were really close. I haven't been this close to him in months.

I had forgotten how nice it felt to touch him until now.

"You look nice," Dougie whispers.

I smile softly, "Thanks."

He's not single. Could I be with Dougie? Is that possible? He still likes me right? Because I'm crazy for him.

I didn't realize that my body was touching his at the end of the song and both of Dougie's hands were on my waist. I found myself resting my head on Dougie's shoulder. Dougie was still holding me tight.

I blink and look around. I look at Dougie. He's extremely close to me. I blush and find Yumi. She's smirking.

Dougie lightly touches my elbow, "Lets get for a walk.

*******

We are in the gardens. It's cold but I'm sucking it up. At least it's dry out here.

Dougie isn't holding my hand. I want him too but I'm shy. And then again I don't want him to because he played me. He just makes me weird.

The gardens were like a maze. Getting lost in here with Dougie would be nice I guess.

"You've changed," Dougie observes me. I look at him and force a smile.

"Really? How so?"

"Yeah, you're shy now. Last summer..."

And I know we think of what happened, "Last summer you were very outgoing. YOU asked ME to dance."

I laugh softly, "You remember that?"

"Yeah...I couldn't forget you," Dougie stops me. I turn to him

I look to the ground, "You have a-"

"I HAD a girlfriend. Things didn't work out."

I swallow hard. I guess I should tell him how I feel?

How HE makes ME feel?

And lets not sound so poetic.

"I'm still outgoing. You just...make me nervous and shy. Like I'm still a school girl," I shrug and blush...exactly like a school girl.

We continue our walk, both thinking of what to say or how to act.

"Kaya what happened? How did we end up like this? We can't talk to each other without acting weird."

I pause and think for a minute. What? Like how it's awkward and I'm scared to say that I think you're hot?

We stop at a statue spitting water from its mouth.

"I don't know. You tell me." I look at him. He wants to talk about it? Fine- I will.

"Sometimes I still feel guilt."

"I was pretty upset," I say.

"And that killed me."

"I'm sorry it hurt you then." I say, looking at the water, and being completely distant in the situation.

"No- don't be. As much as I wanted to forget you- I couldn't."

I can't handle this, "Okay stop. We shouldn't talk about this," I say about to walk away.
Dougie grabs my hand, "I meant everything in that kiss."

I let go of his hand, "Well what did that kiss say? Because I don't know what you said on that night! Dougie, you're so confusing! I can't tell what you're thinking. I don't know what you want. You kiss me- quite passionately I may add- and say you want me but then you go say you already have a girlfriend and that just completely makes me skeptical of any boy that I like!" I throw my hands in the air.

Then I start pacing around, "For two months, I ignored the fact that I really really like you and you're probably the best kisser ever in the history of mankind-" Then I gasp and my hands fly to cover my mouth.

I spoke too much. Revealed too much. And Dougie is smiling.

He stuffs his hands in his pockets. I'm glued to the spot on which I'm standing. I'm hugging myself.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I snap because I'm annoyed that he's getting a laugh out of this. He walks over to me and looks at me in the eye. He's really close and I don't know what to do. I'm just shocked that I can count his eyelashes. With one hand, he touches my cheek with the other hand finds my waist. And I can't stop him. It's like I'm unable to move.

"You look cute when you blush," He whispers.

"I'm not blushing," I reply as I somehow get closer to him. It's not ME getting closer! But it's like my feet magically started moving! Ah!

"That kiss on the dock- it meant that the first time I saw you, the first thought that came to mind was that you are beautiful and I shouldn't say this but your bikini turned me on. Your charm attracts me. The kiss spoke for itself- I'm terribly attracted to you and no one can change my mind."

Well my goodness...

Um...

"I don't like pick up lines," I reply, softly taking his hand off my waist.

"It wasn't a pickup line. It's the truth,"

"Wow you're not lying to me," I say sarcastically and look into his eyes. What? He lied to me. And I'm actually stalling because I'm nervous. His touch is really making me go crazy,
"You're probably going to find another girl and go kiss her on a dock too after you have me head over heels for you. This obviously won't work out," I turn my head.

Dougie forces me softly to look at him, "Is that why you're hesitant? Kaya you just said you liked me. And I definitely want you to be with me. I would never hurt you."

"Oh rightDon't you get it?" I shake my head, "You have no idea how much you hurt me."

"What do I do then?" Dougie asks.

"Kiss me probably," I roll my eyes. Then after realizing what I blurted out, my eye got big, "Damn I spoke out loud again..."

Dougie smiles, "I'm going to kiss you."

"No you're not." I say stubbornly.

"Yes I am." And then he softly kisses me. Next thing I know, I feel this exhilaration and I forget all my fears of being walked all over.

His lips on mine felt so right and normal. And I couldn't stop it...well not like I really wanted to. I started kissing him back. I feel myself touch Dougie's chest and my hands slide down to his jacket and I pull him closer to me.

My guard drops and if I could, I probably would've fallen in Dougie's arms.

Maybe Dougie would be right for me? But what if he cheats on me?

Then that's when the romantic kissing scene in a garden ends.

I stop the (noted extremely wonderful) kiss.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I get out of his arms. I realize I was holding onto his jacket, pulling him closer. I let his jacket go.

"I..." I think about the possibilities of being hurt again...especially if I let him into my heart, "This isn't right. I got to go," I lightly push Dougie away and I walk away.

Don't blame me. The fear of the heart being ripped in half can drive anyone scared of romance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love Note From Emi:

I'm going to be in Hawaii tomorrow and the rest of the week for "Spring Break 2008" so don't expect me to update.