The Dating Rules of a Record Label

The Protective Boyfriend

"Hey," Dougie whispers from behind me while I sat on a black, leather sofa.

"Yeah?" I turn my head to see Dougie, holding his bass guitar, about to go mess around with some new music lyrics Tom wrote. Speaking of Tom, he was singing in the large studio all by himself. He looks naked without the other guys there.

Dougie smirks and leans down to whisper in my ear, "You left your bra at my place."

"Shut up," I smile and try not to blush too much.

"I'll keep it until you come over tonight," He quickly kisses my cheek and follows Danny and Harry into the studio.

Oliver takes a seat next to me as music producers talk in the weird language of technology. When Oliver sits down, he sort of makes me plop up in effect.

I smile at him, "Nice move, Oliver."

He cocks his head to the right, "Are you calling me fat?"

"If she was that should be a compliment compared to what your mum told you," Nae giggles and sits on a sofa arm. She pulls on a sweater, "His mum called him a load of wiggly lard this morning when we came over for brunch."

"So I had a lot of eggs and rashers! Who cares?" Oliver shrugs. He's actually quite thin.

"Right; fifteen pieces of greasy pig strips..." Nae sighs.

"Fifteen?" I laugh and shake my head. The lead producer snaps at us to shut up which we immediately do. Then the world goes quiet.

As McFLY practices and edit their new single for what like hours (and it literally was hours), I found myself laying my head on Nae's lap and resting my legs on Oliver's lap. I played with my hair. I texted my mom on my mobile. In my head, I made up a list of groceries I must buy tonight. James just came in with Oliver's tea and the scent of it made me zone out and think about the most random of things in my life.

I'm not sure if other people have this, but I- in my weird way- have flashbacks of things I usually never want to have. These flashbacks usually come in my dreams thus making me want to puke whenever I wake up.

I'm back in high school in the smoggy Los Angeles area. The class is third period physics. Boring of course. But not as hard as Chemistry. Half the class is sleeping. I'm zoning out, going through "I-miss-the-tour-bus-itis."

"Class what is the answer to number nine?" My teacher asks us. Gosh I hate his voice. It reminds me of Oscar from Sesame Street. "Do I have to do the Cancan dance and sing about the SAT to make you awake?" Apparently we were all sleeping. Well I was partially awake at least.

Whatever...

I continue to zone out. Liam was drooling next to me. And then it happened: In front of all our "innocent" eyes, the teacher started doing the Cancan and singing about the SAT in his ugly, purple shirt and brown pants.

Oh my God I saw his man boobs bouncing uncontrollably. He was so...um...big! And worst of all- I saw it all in slow motion!

Disgusting!

Now don’t get me all wrong, I like those action movies where there's a big battle in slow motion, but this- this just made it all unappealing. An absolute reason as to why some men need a bra to wear. Preeferably a Victoria Secret brand. But when I told Yumi, she said no to Victoria Secret. She said if they did wear Victoria Secret, they'd be sexier than us and we cannot have that.

Back to reality: We hear a door burst open and bang shut. I'm too bored to care, even if the room starts smelling like Japanese food.

"What a wonderful girlfriend you are," Yumi sets a large paper bag full of Sushi and Tempura in front of Nae, Oliver and me, "Sleeping is the perfect way to support your boyfriend in a band," She takes off her fur (it's fake!) coat, waves at Danny was singing and sits on my stomach.

"Oof!" I cough as the wind is slightly knocked out of me, "At least I was here," I try pushing her off me. I only could move her one inch before she flopped back down on me.

"I was at work, plus I got you all, plus the producers, food!" Then she slightly frowns and whispers down in my ear, "And I heard about your mum being arrested for drunk driving..."

"I know. Let's not talk about it. She'll get out on bail."

Tom, Danny, Dougie, and Harry walk out of the recording room. We didn't notice them waiting for us to stop bickering slash having a private moment. Poor Oliver and Nae, they were stuck underneath.
"Kaya get off me. I'm starving! Harry already got into the Sushi!" Oliver yells.

"Don't yell at me! Yell at Yumi!" But she's already off, jumping into the arms of Danny.

I stand up, stretch and walk over to Dougie. He kisses my forehead and slides an arm around my waist, "Sorry this took long."

"No it wasn't that long," I try to be reasonable. "Four hours for half of a song- it's fine!" I smile. Dougie chuckles and we sit on another couch.

Sushi is so good! I had to be nice and stop myself from taking all the pieces. My fingers were itching for more! I thought I had to sit on them just to stop myself!

After a nice lunch, Yumi catches my eye. She points to our chopsticks.

We are queen of chopsticks! Although one time a splinter got in my lip.

Yumi and I put our chopsticks in our mouths and we look like we have beaver buck teeth! We didn't notice everyone looking at us oddly. She and I were both bopping our heads with our beaver teeth and laughing at each other.

I take out my chopsticks. It's covered in saliva, "We can feed each other with chopsticks! Remember when you came over to my house for my birthday?"

"Yeah! But how?"

I think about it while I bite one chopstick. Everyone was still looking at us oddly.

"We can pick at the food with the chopsticks and flick it over into each other's mouths!" I laugh.

"You two are freaky," Tom laughs. We're brought back to reality. Yumi blushes. What's wrong with feeding each other with chopsticks? Everyone's just jealous! That's what it is! Yeah! Power to me!

"So about that blog-" Oliver begins.

"Nope!" I shake my head and put my eating utensils down, "I'm not talking about that shit site! I hope the creators go to Hell." I pout, "Oh, James can you get me some of that tea you made? It's really good." I smile.

"What- me?" He points and stutters and blinks like a maniac.

"Um...yeah?" I nod, "You make really good tea."

"Oh...thanks!" He laughs nervously and quickly walks out of the room. You know the nerds who run with their books in their arms to class? He looked like that today. I see the back of his ears turn bright red.

"Okay..." I fold my hands in my lap, "He's weird today."

"He fancies you, Kaya," Nae smiles and gets up, "It's a fact. I think I'll go and help him. He might trip and make of fool out of himself soon," Nae laughs, takes away the Brandy bottle Harry wasn't allowed to have (Oliver claims it that's why) and skips out of the room. She's exceptionally happy because she called me, squealing at four in the morning, saying that she got a boyfriend. Poor girl...she's so innocent.

I begin to play with my worn-out chopsticks again as Dougie takes a seat next to me. He puts an arm around me as I cuddle up to him while everyone began to play poker.

"You smell good," He sighs. I look up at him and lay my head on his shoulder. Dougie smiles, "You used that strawberry shampoo again didn't you?"

"Yes! You like it?"

"Love it." He grins.

Then James walks in, trying to steady a tray of tea for everyone. He looks worse than before. He's shaking as I catch his eye. James is nice...but I don't see him like "that."

Dougie looks up at James and his arm tightens around me as he plays the protective boyfriend.

"Thanks, James," I quickly grab the tea as he offered it to me before he begins to spill it.

Dougie takes a cup, "Cheers, James," He smiles. Then he quickly kisses me in front of him.

"Uh-huh..." He walks away. Ha...Dougie the protective boyfriend...

I look at Dougie and pinch his arm playfully, "You're mean," I giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Perhaps I'll update soon...