The Dating Rules of a Record Label

Where We Belong

< Its spring; time for spring cleaning, little rose buds on the trees, and new romances. Kaya Sambora, whom recently turned nineteen, however is not doing her lovely spring cleaning and decided to keep her long time boyfriend on her side. Yup, I saw them myself walking together last Wednesday when I was on my way to a McFLY concert. The man doesn't look like a McFLY fan even though it seems that Kaya is one herself. He actually looks stuck up to be honest. We must find out who her man candy is! But get this: Papa Sambora approves! Well that's got to be good news. Meanwhile, her mother is dating no name soap opera actors and her father, the man who approves of her unidentified boyfriend, was caught drunk driving in Los Angeles. Way to go Dad! But that didn't stop Kaya from living. The other day, Kaya took seven lucky little girls on a shopping spree and lunch date, a thank you gift from GAP for raising the most money to help a Save Darfur foundation. Seven little girls raising well over 300,000 pounds? Seriously? Yes. Kaya happily took the girls out, helping them pick out stylish clothes, taking them to a good Italian luncheon, and dancing with them to a McFLY album in a limo. She even signed autographs and took pictures. To see a video of Kaya's outing, click the link below.>

"Dang it. The whole thing is true!" I fall on my bed and sigh. Not even an ounce of a fake fact about my life. Everything Blogworthy got correct! No wait! Except for the whole me walking with my boyfriend last Wednesday. Dougie was performing so I took a walk by myself, thinking about my dad. I hear my phone ring. I ignore it because I know its Karlie. I'm just going to let it all happen. I'm not going to let Blogworthy take over my life. They can just suck it!

"Go me!" I mumble to myself and slip under the covers of my bed. But I'm wearing jeans at the moment so it feels weird.

I hear someone running (it was like a pitter patter) down the hall. My door smacks wide open and I prop myself up on my elbows to find Yumi, panting, with a huge grin glued to her face.

"Pregnant?" I ask out of the blue. What? Yumi is the type of girl to actually be happy about being pregnant. She once told me she wanted five kids.

"Oh..." Yumi leans on the door frame, "no, I thought I was, but no." She waves that accusation away and jumps on me with a laugh. Her brown-blonde hair bounces around.

"Hey I don't mind lesbians but I only go with men!" I yell. I fall off the bed with a thud. I land on my back. Yumi's head pops out over the side seconds later. She looks crazy.

"Shut up! Danny got me a new car! A brand new Audi TT! It's a shiny red!" She kicks her legs and laughs excitedly.

I jump up, "what?" I yell, "Since when?" I spit out pillow feathers from my mouth.

"This morning!"

I jump on the bed and we begin jumping, "Why?"

"I don't know!" Yumi squeals.

"How is it?" I want a new car!

"Like an orgasm! It drives so nice!" Yumi says dramatically. I laugh.

"Want to drive it?" Yumi asks me once I stopped blabbering excitedly.

I blink and open and close my mouth. I can drive her new car?

"Kaya?" Yumi sings and waves her hand in front of my face as fast, blurry scenes of drag racing cars rush through my mind. I hear the fast car noises and I make a squeal.

"Where are the keys?" I ask quickly and run out of my room to grab my coat.

"Oh my God I shouldn't have let you drive! Kaya don't overwork my baby!" Yumi clutches the place where her heart is supposed to be.

"Calm down," I smirk and speed faster.

"Kaya you're not superman!" Yumi breathes nervously. She looks like she's in labor.

"I know that. But I love speed!" I laugh with wide eyes and press my foot on the accelerator. It’s a good thing that not that many people are out on the motorway. I have this permanent smile on my face. I love speeding! I feel the force of the car run though me and push my body back against the seat and the adrenaline is such a rush that's its addicting!

"Not on the motorway! Are you crazy?" Yumi screams.

I look at her, "Is that a rhetorical question?"

"Oh no! I'm going to die in my brand new car!" Yumi slumps in her seat and whines.

I giggle, swerve in between lanes, and blast the stereo. I literally hear zoom as I pass slower cars and Yumi covers her eyes, obviously regretting that she forgot that I used to sneak out to go to drag races on school nights back in Los Angeles.
***

It's oddly warm tonight. That air is dry (which is weird as well) and the floor boards beneath me are extremely hot too. But I think that was because I just spent the last hour rubbing my feet against the carpet in my room. The flat was quiet as the floors creaked beneath my feet.

I feel over-weight.

I silently go to the bathroom to grab some headache killers. It's sad really. It takes me five minutes to open a bottle of pills! I keep forgetting the "squeeze, press, and turn" directions on the bottle.

"Damn...forget a cup of water," I mumble to myself. I leave the bathroom to grab a glass from the kitchen, yawning because it was in the middle of the night.

"I need new pajamas," I mumble to myself. This silk isn't doing so well! I prefer cotton!

My kitchen is cold. What? Does the heater work everywhere except in the kitchen?

I hear Yumi laugh in the family room by the television.

"Yumi, did I wake you? Are you still upset about my need for speed?" I giggle. I walk to the room and I'm surprised to see Oliver, Dougie, Karlie, and James there too. It was a strange sight.

"Dougie?" I ask. But Dougie wasn't listening. He was muttering with Oliver. I begin to walk to him but out of nowhere jumps James. There was lust in his eyes and he had fangs.

I wake myself up with a short scream, sitting up and scrambling around the covers of my bed. It was freezing in here. I look at the clock on my bedside table.

"Two in the morning..." I grumble and lift the covers off me. "That's it...no wine before bed." I tell myself as I turn the ceiling fan off. I stand there in the middle of my room feeling slightly out of place because I hated nightmares even though I completely forgot what my recent one was about. Anyways, they make me extra sensitive to my surroundings. I just stare out in the darkness of my room and feel every nerve and hair of my body.

Maybe I should call Dougie for some comfort? No...He had a busy night with the rest of the band. It would be best if I let him sleep.

So I'll sleep too!

"I need sleep...for once this week." I begin to fall asleep again. I couldn’t sleep at all this week. I couldn’t help but feel like I’ve forgotten something and I it’s like I can’t go on without finding out what it is.

It felt like five minutes had only passed when I'm awoken from my peaceful slumber. All because of a stupid phone ringing! I groan as I try to force my heavy eyelids to open.

"Yumi! The phone! Get it!" I yell as loud as I can while half asleep. Note that my voice is not that loud at the moment. With no answer from Yumi, the ringing keeps coming. I suddenly remember that Yumi is with Danny tonight and I have the whole flat to myself.

"Go away, phone!" I mumble but pick it up anyways. The cold plastic of the phone is sensitive to my skin.
"Hello?" I mumble and rub my eyes.

"Kaya?"

I open my eyes. "Dougie? Shouldn't you be asleep?" I ask and look at my clock. It read two-thirty. Thirty minutes of sleep felt like five minutes.

"I'm at your front door." He sounded so calm but tired.

"Are you crazy?" I mumble, "It's freezing out there!" I get up, leaving my warm bed, "I'll be there in ten seconds."

"Okay," he replies.

I nod and hang up. I realize I'm only in a cotton tee shirt and underwear but I've already wasted five seconds!
I yawn as I open the door. I find Dougie standing outside, smiling softly. I smile back even though I'm truly extremely tired beyond control. My eyes stung with heaviness and if I'm not mistaken, it's a bit blurry.

"What are you doing here?" I ask-slash-mumble as I bring him inside. I give him a tiny kiss on the lips and let him wrap an arm around my waist.

"The guys decided to throw a party at my place. Yumi's passed out with Danny on my bed and I didn't want to party tonight anyway. I locked myself in a bathroom to think." Dougie chuckles. "It didn't work."

I smile at his reply. "Well whatever you were thinking, you can think while I sleep. C'mon, as much as I missed you today, I miss my bed."

It was now peacefully quiet outside and inside. I closed my eyes and Dougie wraps his arms around me. I inhaled his scent and buried my face in his chest.

"Good night," I mumble, sinking into the bed, moments before I drift off to sleep for good this time. I felt more comfortable now.

"Sweet dreams, Kaya," Dougie sighs. I use my last strength to peep at him secretly. His eyes look distant as he gazed at my star-covered ceiling.

I finally close my eyes. This is how it should be. Dougie makes everything sweeter and like a head-ache killer, he makes me feel better. He's like a very nice high but without the hallucinations. And now I suddenly remember what was missing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading again! I've decided that I will finish SLA once I'm finished with DRRL. I've already finished SLA a long time ago on the other writing site. But now...DRRL is what I'm focusing on. So nobody tell anybody what happens in SLA! It's way more dramatic than this one I tell you!