Status: Active

Contorting, Distorting, I Am Undone

Confusion.

The show was... Outlandish. Sure, Sonny didn't mess up or anything, Travis and I played just fine. Ronnie even came on to sing Kiss Me I'm Contagious with Sonny. But... Derek hit me in the back of my head with a drumstick... More than once.

We said goodbye to the crowd and the next band went on for their slot. We were on our way to the bus, because there was a part time shower facility that was only available for the next three hours before being packed away. The hosts would then set it up again tomorrow, but since everyone was getting a little dodgy we all headed for showering now. Not me in particular, but I decided I should, just in case. I didn't want a repeat of my smelly episode.

Plus, the other bands would want showers too, so since we were off we should all take advantage of our time.

"Der," I said quietly, as soon as Sonny stepped off the bus with his towel. Derek and I were left alone, getting our things.

"Hmm?" he asked, slinging his shirt over his shoulder.

"I feel like you're boxing me out," I frowned.

He huffed, smiling. "Why's that?"

"Well... Why'd you throw your sticks at me today?"

"What? I was just trying to throw them out to the crowd. You know, that whole connecting with fans thing."

"Yeah, but you kept on doing it, even after the first two. Your aim can't be that bad," I said, pulling on his arm. He looked me in the eye.

"You didn't complain when they accidentally hit you anyway, why are you complaining now?"

"Like I would actually yell at you in the middle of our show," I said sarcastically. "It still doesn't mean I didn't feel it! And Even if I didn't say anything, why the fuck did you keep on throwing them?" I frowned, dropping his arm. "I don't get what your problem is, I even tried to apologize to you earlier for being fucking sleepy at night time, oh, and once again, so sorry for that." I sighed after my little rant and stormed out of the bus. I stormed all the way to the shower, where thankfully it was just the band.

"Seth? What're you doing here? You didn't even play," I said, taking off my shirt. The shower was kind of cheap, there was no curtain, but a flimsy sheet of plastic for a sliding door.

He chuckled, stepping in. "I know, but I still don't want to stink."

"Fair enough." I stripped and stepped in the shower too. You'd think it was awkward, showering in front of the guys, but believe me we'd gone through much worse to even care about this.

"Sonny, do you still have that soap?" I asked. He tossed it over to me. "Thanks." It was then I realized I'd brought nothing with me. Well, no one can resist a good storming out; it would've totally ruined it if I stayed to actually get some clothes.

I guess I could just change back into my old clothes... But then I just wouldn't feel fresh... Fuck.

Everyone had gotten out and I took my time purposely. What was I going to do?

I stood there silently; the water running over my face had now turned cold. That is, until I saw somebody come in. I could see the blurry figure of the person through the plastic door.

"Look, I'm sorry," said the voice. Oh. It was Derek. He opened the door and stepped in. We didn't talk, he just shampooed his hair and I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms.

"Are you just standing here for fun or is this to wash out the fungus living on your skin?"

"Pathetic," I raised my eyebrow, looking away. "I'm here for a reason."

"What reason could make you stay here for over half an hour?" he asked, turning around. I narrowed my eyes at him, the suds trickling down his face. Sexy.

"I just... I forgot to bring my clothes..." I mumbled dejectedly, looking downwards. He laughed.

"I know," he said, resuming washing his hair. "I know how dramatic you are when you're mad, I saw you leave empty handed... So I got some for you."

I stared at the back of his head in surprise.

"What's this? Did you actually do something nice?" I laughed when he didn't reply. "Awe, yes it is!" I hugged his waist from behind. "I knew deep down there's a shred of humanity in you." I gave him a cheesy grin and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Now let me shower."

I chuckled and pulled away. He was right, I needed to get out of here; I was pruning. I stepped out and dried myself with Derek's towel, quickly slipping on the clothes he brought for me.

"Later Der Bear," I called, walking out of the little area. I shook my head violently to get excess water out of my hair as I made my way to the bus. I saw the guys from Escape the Fate walking towards me. "Hey guys," I waved.

"Well look at you all squeaky and clean," Bryan smiled, pulling my cheek. I smiled. Squeaky? For once.

"Thanks... You guys just finished your show?"

"Yeah. Shower time for us now," Omar laughed, slapping Bryan's ass and running off. Omar just stared in shock before sprinting off.

"That's cool. Well, you guys freshen up and whatever, I'll see you later. We should all chill outside when you're done," I suggested.

"Sure. In a while crocodile," Max laughed, walking off. Ronnie smiled and waved at me, going away without another word. I watched them walk off for a second then turned back around and continued walking to my bus. As soon as I got on, I was bombarded by Sonny throwing clumps of clothes at me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Sonny's making us clean shit up," Travis mumbled, folding a blanket.

"Uh, why?" I asked, dropping the clothes.

"Hey! Pick those up, fold them and put them back properly!" Sonny screamed at me. I raised my eyebrows and picked the clothes up again. Sonny was walking back and forth tidying things up. "I heard you talking to Max outside, he'll probably want to come in here and I don't want it to look so fucked up!"

I sighed. "Man, I thought you were sick..." I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah, well I got better," he snapped from the other end of the bus. God, he's got ears like a bat. I played along and began to fold the clothes in my arms, until I saw what I was folding.

"What the hell.. Who's is this?" I yelled, holding up a pair of pink boxers. I turned them around pursed my lips. On the back written 'SETH WAS HERE' in big, black letters.

"Seth!" He rolled out of his bed and smiled brightly.

"Yeah?"

"I believe these are yours," I threw them at him. He held them up, reading them and laughing.

"Oh, I did write that, but these aren't mine."

"Uh, leggo my boxers..." Derek said, stepping into the bus. Seth handed them to Derek, who hung them over his arm.

"Why were those in your laundry?" Seth asked, sitting back on his bed. I glanced at Derek and shrugged.

"I don't know. Probably a mistake."

"Yeah right, are you sure there's nothing–"

"Sonny! Seth isn't cleaning anything!" I interrupted.

"Pick up your ass and help me!" Sonny zipped over, pulling Seth by his collar. Seth groaned and began to kick things to the side.

Derek plopped himself down next to me, running his fingers through his damp hair.

"So Derek..." I looked at the boxers and towel in his lap. "What's with the boxers?" He laughed, looking down at them.

"Jealous?"

"No, not at all... Why was he like... Oh, he… You guys did…" I trailed off, looking over at Seth and crossing my arms.

"No, I'm just messing with you," he said, flicking my shoulder. "He's worn them before because he has a pair just like them. And when he found out, he wrote on mine just so he could tell ours apart. I don't know why he didn't write on his own, but whatever."

"Oh. Okay then," I smiled.

"Oh my god! Are you two laughing together?" Sonny said, stopping in his tracks and looking at us. I opened my mouth to make a smart comment before Travis interrupted.

"Yeah, they were all smiles yesterday too!" Travis grinned.

"What?" Sonny looked back and forth between both of us. "You know... I think... I don't know how but I think I saw you two like, making out." I looked at Derek in panic. He gave me a solid glare, in other words, telling me to stay cool.

"What are you talking about?" Derek scoffed. "You were asleep yesterday."

"Yeah, but you guys, I know it, you were kissing and –"

"Okay dude, laughing, I'll believe. But kissing? Nuh uh." Travis began to walk off. I smiled in triumph.

"Yeah, you did have a fever, remember, so I wouldn't push your luck." He gave us both a stare and a lopsided smile before going off as well. After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door.

"Hey guys!" Sonny grinned, flinging the door open. Since there was limited space, we all decided to sit outside. On the floor again I guess. We all started talking about life on the road while we could still faintly hear the next band playing on stage. I could also eavesdrop on Max and Sonny's own conversation. Max had just asked Sonny to go out for dinner. I smiled, picturing them as a couple.

"Hey Matt," Ronnie diverted my attention.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to, I don't know, get some McDonalds or something? I'm starving."

"Umm," I looked over at Der who's gotten up to leave and talk on his cell phone. "You know what, yeah. Let's go." We both got up and said bye to the others, making our way to the exit.

There was a McDonalds close by, we sat and ordered our food, getting a surprise Micky D's ice cream afterwards. Yeah, again. I swear, this man will ruin my figure...

"Mm... What do you like more, vanilla or chocolate?" he asked, going onto his cone. Wow, he got through those fast.

"I'd have to say vanilla. What about you?"

"Same," he smiled, throwing the remains in a nearby trash can. He frowned, digging his hands in his jeans pockets.

"What's wrong?" I asked, taking a big lick of the ice cream.

"I finished," he pouted. I laughed, holding out my ice cream to him. He shook his head.

"Aw come on," I coaxed. "It's still pretty much new, I've only licked it," I wiggled my eyebrows.

"In that case..." He grinned, wrapping his hand around mine, still holding the cone and taking a big slurp. We took turns and in no time, it was finished. We reached our busses, arm in arm. Again, we saw nobody outside and the lights in the busses were off.

"I had a lot of fun," Ronnie said, scuffing his shoes.

"Yeah, me too," I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow then." I waved at him and turned to go in my bus, when he pulled me back by my arm.

"Wait," he said softly. I looked at him and he placed a quick peck on my cheek. "Goodnight."

"G'night Ronnie." I then climbed my bus, confused. Ronnie was sweet, and I'm pretty sure he liked me. I know he'd be perfect on paper, we both liked the same things, music, and most of all, and we were both comfortable and happy around each other – even when others were watching.

I pulled off my shirt and pants, lying down on my back in my bed. If only there was a sign...

I waited for a few hours for Derek to come down. I wanted to talk to him, as long as I heard his reassuring words... I'd drop Ronnie for him any day.

The thing is Derek never came down.

I guess that's my sign?