Status: Active

Contorting, Distorting, I Am Undone

Goodbye.

Because I spent all night up waiting for Derek, I slept in late – and my rude awakening didn't help either. First thing in the morning, Sonny and Travis were both taking turns slapping my face.

"Mm hey… Hey... Hey, guys I'm up!" My eyes snapped open as I swatted at them. They laughed while I glared at them before sitting up. "What's the meaning of this?"

"We have one more show in half an hour, then we're on our way to Vegas," Travis said.

"Okay, I'm getting ready," I said, stretching and lying back down.

"Come on, move your ass," Travis urged, pulling my arm. I grunted and sat up again, getting out of bed. Sonny had already run out of the bus.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Saying bye to the guys," he answered, grabbing a can of red bull and downing it. The guys? Oh that's right... Ronnie and crew. Looks like this is a quick goodbye... I'll never really have to choose between Ronnie and Derek after all. I quickly got my clothes and changed in the corner.

"Let's go," I said. I followed Travis out to the back entrance of the stage, flashing my pass that I'd kept in my pocket at the security guard. We were let in and Seth handed me my guitar.

"Come on guys, warm up and whatever, you're on in ten." He warned, walking off. Everyone was already there, just hanging out. I guess Max and the guys were going to stay here while we do our show. I started to strum at a quick pace, walking over to Ronnie.

"Hey," I greeted. He looked up at me with a small smile.

"Hey."

"You guys going to stay here the whole time?" I asked, starting to play Afterbirth. He shook his head.

"After you guys go on, we're probably going to be sent outside to sign and stuff."

"Oh that's cool." I looked around and sighed.

"Guys, on, now!" Seth ushered us towards the door. I turned around to say bye, only managing to let out a brief goodbye to Ronnie before being pushed. We made our way onto the stage, smiling brightly. A sound guy quickly came to my side, connecting my guitar and one to Travis on the other side of the stage while Sonny talked to the crowd.

Well, here goes nothing.

-----

Our show was better than yesterday. No encounters with Derek, thankfully. I rolled my eyes. That's not right; I shouldn't have to consider myself lucky when I don't get hit on the head by my own drummer in a show. Well… Whatever. As soon as we were off, we were attacked by the gang. Sonny jumped into Max's arms and they hugged for ages. Omar and Bryan made their way to us, Ronnie tagging behind coyly.

"How was the show?" he asked. I smiled, he did look cute. What? Come on, God knows when I'll next see him; I'm allowed to silently flirt with him for a little while, it's not like we're going to have any more encounters with each other or anything. Think of it as a small fling.

"It was fantastic," I smiled. I looped my arm around his neck. "When are you guys going to go?"

"Probably in an hour or something," he answered, resting his head on my shoulder. We began walking to our bus, sitting outside.

"I think we're leaving by then," I frowned. "It was fun playing with you guys," I said after a pause. Everyone began walking towards us, probably to sit and talk.

"Yeah it was. But It'll get better, trust me," he grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"But I don't want to go," Sonny whined, nuzzling his face in Max's neck as he carried him over.

"Don't worry; it's only for like a night or something. I'll see you first thing tomorrow morning, I promise," Max said reassuringly. My head snapped upwards and I looked at them questioningly.

"What? Tomorrow morning? How? What's he talking abou–"

"Come on guys! Pack up and we'll be on our way! Let these guys practice and we'll see them later," Seth interrupted, clapping his hands. I opened my mouth again.

"Alright! Next stop, Vegas!" Travis cheered, climbing on the bus. "See you guys then!" he waved. Derek smiled at them before giving a small wave and getting on the bus as well.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?" I begged, looking back from Ronnie to Bryan to Max.

"We're from Vegas," Ronnie said proudly.

"And we can't go on tour without playing a crazy show in our own home town, can we?" Max smiled, kissing Sonny. Oh... So this isn't goodbye.

It's simply 'good bye for now'.

"Alright Sonny boo, you better get going. I'll call you after the show," Max said, giving him a peck on the lips. "Bye." Sonny gave him another long kiss and a hug, before getting on the bus.

"I guess I should go now too," I said, standing up. "I'll uh... See you tomorrow I guess," I smiled.

"Yeah, looking forward to it," Ronnie said, giving me a quick hug. He pulled away before I could hug back and left me feeling a little bit surprised. I waved at them again and climbed into the bus. As soon as the doors closed, they made their way back to the stage. I sighed, crawling into my bunk. Might as well catch up on some rest if it's not my driving duty tonight.

I closed my eyes, for a second I thought I heard a whisper. I furrowed my eyebrows. Did I hear correctly? I turned on my side and ignored it; hoping I would fall into a deep sleep sooner rather than later.

I was half right; six hours later, I'd woken up. We were moving and it was dark outside. I looked around; everyone else was sleeping.

" Derek, you up?" I whispered, tapping on the bed above me. No answer. I frowned. I was beginning to miss having him come down here. Now that I think about it, I haven't spoken to him very much these days. I'll make up for it soon. Maybe after Vegas, when we go across the country again. Then I know I'll have no distractions.

"Asshole."

I looked around. "Derek, are you awake?" I asked, sitting up. There was no reply. I lay back down and wondered. Who was that? Maybe I should check up on Derek. I climbed up the ladder and saw him lying on his stomach, face buried in pillow and sheets crumpled all around him.

Guess it wasn't him then...