Status: Active

Contorting, Distorting, I Am Undone

Remarks.

There was a mini couch at the very back of the bus, where we were sitting. Travis and Seth decided to stay seated outside, smoking. Derek for some reason stayed on the bus, and of course he had to sit with me on the two-seater. I was eating a bowl of cheerios quietly while Sonny yakked on with Derek.

"Move over," he said, annoyed.

"Mm?" I asked, my mouth full.

"You're taking up all the space," he said, trying to edge away from me. So our thighs were touching... But any two people who sit on this couch would have to touch; it is a tiny couch, after all.

"What're you trying to say?" I asked, still chewing.

"Ew," he made a face, looking away. "I'm saying you're getting fat and I don't have room to sit." I choked on my milk before successfully swallowing my bite.

"Firstly, I am not fat... I'm just very tall and I'm broad and… Muscular, unlike your chicken limbs," I scoffed. "And secondly, this is a bus. You've got plenty of other places to sit." He just stared at me and shook his head.

Ha. I win.

I grinned and ate another spoonful.

"So... Only one more day till we get to our next show right? Excited? Yeah? I sure am. I can't wait," Sonny rambled on while walking around and tidying things up.

"Right..." Derek stood up and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and placed it between his lips.

"If you're planning on lighting that, you're going to have to go outside," I said, glancing towards the door.

"You’re going to have to go outside," he imitated me in an over exaggerated feminine tone. I gave a sarcastic laugh, and smiled smugly as he rolled his eyes and walked out.

"Dude, what is going on with you two?" Sonny asked quickly sitting down next to me. I finished my cereal and replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked nonchalantly.

"You know what I mean," he said sternly. I put my bowl on the worn down carpet and looked into my lap. He rested his head on my shoulder. "You'll have to tell me sometime soon," he smiled. "I know you will."

We sat in silence for a few seconds and sighed.

"Well, you see I don't know why there's this tension," I began. He snickered, thinking that I gave in. "It’s obvious that we just have a mutual hatred for each other. I don't see what the problem is."

"But you're in a band with him," he said, raising his eyebrow. "And you two are going to have to live with each other for the next year until we get a week off then we have to record another album then we have to go on tour again and then we have to–"

"I get it," I said softly, resting my head on his. "Whatever, just chill," I said reassuringly."We can deal with it. How do you think we're doing now?"

"You guys are at each other's throats all the time."

"Nah, I think we're alright. It could be worse," I shrugged as I netted my fingers together.

"If you say so..."

Half an hour later everyone came back on the bus and we were back on the road. They day was lazy; we just lay around and did nothing. It was Travis' turn driving and Seth was already knocked out in Travis' bunk. Soon it was nightfall and Sonny had gone to sleep in his bunk underneath Seth. Once again I lay alone, tapping my fingernails on the side of the bed.

I saw a figure climb down the steps in the dark.

"Move over," he whispered. I obeyed and shifted. Derek came and lay next to me in silence, I listened to him breathe. Moments later he spoke quietly.

"What was with today?" he asked.

I laughed. "What part of today?"

"You totally led me on."

"You called me fat!"

"Because you were teasing me on purpose," he whispered loudly. For a few seconds I didn't respond.

"Well, you didn't have to be so harsh..." I looked for his face and I could see a glint of light reflecting off of his eyes. He was looking right at me.

"I'm sorry."

"Me too." I turned on my side and faced him. Slowly his face neared mine and he kissed me gently – no tongue. His hand crept on my hip and I snuggled closer to him. Soon his tongue flickered over my lip and I opened my mouth, allowing him in. He moaned and I pulled away.

"Don't be loud, Seth wakes up easily," I reminded.

"Sorry," he murmured and kissed me again. My arm snaked around his midriff and our legs were tangled together. I wasn't in the mood for much tonight; I thought maybe we should just settle for kissing.

An hour later we just cuddled lay with each other peacefully. His fingers were playing with a loose thread on the hem of my shirt.

"I think I should go back up now," he said, pecking my lips. I frowned.

"Okay... Just so you know, I'm not forgiving you for that comment about my weight," I said, trying my best to pout. I knew I looked like an idiot, and Derek just laughed quietly.

"You're just over sensitive." He gave me another peck before climbing back up. I sighed and lay flat on my back.

Maybe now I can get some well needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)