Status: Ongoing

The Last of October

This night's a perfect shade of dark blue

The club was packed. October could barely hear herself think through all the music, screaming and giggling going around, but then again, she wasn't thinking anything different from what she was thinking an hour ago as she prepared to meet with Jessica, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

She wondered what the hells he was doing at the club again. She had been wondering since Amber and Jessica showed up at her house, went through her closet and picked the most revealing outfit they could find and dressed her in it. October was surprised that she even owned such outfits. It must have been one of the clothes designers gave her to keep after working with them.

"There they are!" Jessica yelled over the music and pointed to where to guys sat in a booth drinking and laughing. She immediately began to drag October to the booth.

Sighing heavily, she mentally prepared herself for what was about to come. She tried to keep her nerves calm, reminding herself of what Amber told her. Apparently, Jonathan liked girls that were confident in themselves. Girls that were forward and sure of what they were doing. Girls that liked to take lead.

"Hey Pat!" Jessica greeted Patrick Kane, covering October from the two boys' view.

October's heart started to pound in her chest. She started to grow nervous, the pep talk she had in her mind flew out the window as the view of Jonathan Toews made her hands sweat. He still looked the same from what she remembered. Sure he looked older, but it seemed like nothing changed about him, same brown eyes and serious expression.

"You guys this is my friend-"

"Melissa, Melissa Daniels," she interrupted Jessica. She ignored the look Jessica gave her and stepped into Patrick and Jonathan's view. "But my friends call me Missy," she said, flashing them a smile. October never told Jessica, Lisa or Amber about her past with Jonathan. No one knew but Lynette.

She knew that it would be obvious and Jonathan would instantly remember who she was if she introduced herself as October Brehton. How many people could he possibly know named October? It was a risk she couldn't take. She was already taking a big risk by meeting him. There was a possibility that he would still be able to recognize her, even though everything about her pretty much changed.

She grew taller, now standing at 5'9, lost a lot of weight, took better care of her hair, her skin finally cleared and was now brace free. Even now, five years later, there was still evidence of her former self in the new October Brehton.

The two Blackhawks players greeted her in a friendly and polite manner, offering both girls a seat as they moved for them to sit in the booth. October was practically shoved by Jessica to sit beside Jonathan before sitting beside Patrick and started flirting with him.

Heart pounding and sweat collecting in her palms, October looked at the drink that was randomly in front of her. She racked her mind with something to say, but really, she had nothing to say to him that was good. It had been five years since she had last seen Jonathan and at that time, although handsome, was tall and lanky. She remembered him having fewer muscles than before. Now he was more filled out and looked much more serious.

She closed her eyes hoping that once she opened them she would be back in her room playing on her Xbox or PS3 instead of being in a club with Jessica and the very guy she wasn't all to fond of, to put it politely. October began to scold herself for letting herself get involved with Jessica and Amber's plan to 'teach' Jonathan a lesson.

"So," Jonathan started, having enough of the awkward silence between him and Missy. "How do you know Jessica?" he asked her curiously, hoping that she wasn't friends with his ex-girlfriend, Amber, and was just friends with Jessica.

Jonathan wasn't going to lie, Missy was hot. From the moment she walked up to them with Jessica, he could already feel himself drooling and his pants tightening. He knew instantly that Patrick was also drooling and thinking of dirty thoughts concerning her. Ever single guy that spotted her, were more than likely thinking of dirty thoughts concerning her.

The ways he walked with careless strides just oozed confidence and her smile-smirk only added to her sexy demeanour. The thing men loved about women were confidence. Not only did it make them look sexy, but it also assured guys that they were comfortable with themselves.

"I own a boutique with my friend and we hired Jess to help with advertisement and public relations," she lied. "So, Jess told me that you play for the Blackhawks," October started, and gave Jonathan a lusty look she was sure just made her look like she was tired. "Jess never told me that."

With the mention of Jonathan's profession and the look Missy had given him, the red lights in his head instantly went off telling him that Missy seemed like just another puck bunny. Just another girl interested in his money and his job.

Before Jonathan could get a word out, they were interrupted by a waiter with a drink in his hand.

"Excuse me, but the guy at the bar wanted me to give this to you," he said, flashing October a flirtatious smile and pointed to a rather good looking man sitting alone by the bar.

October looked over to the man in the bar, who raised his glass to her, gave her a flirtatious smile and drank his drink. October was really shocked; she really didn't expect things like these to happen to her. It was something that happened in movies and it was usually the hot girl it happened to.

She looked at Jonathan, who had a slight shocked look on his face, and then a both Jessica and Patrick, who both had amused look, while October just looked, lost. She gingerly picked up the drink and raised her drink towards the man. He gave her a wide grin and watched her. October pretended to drink, the glass lightly touching her slips, but the liquid didn't once touch her.

Jessica and Patrick giggled, Patrick pulling Jessica on his lap and Jessica breaking their make out session to look at October and Jonathan. "We're going to get drinks," Jessica said, getting off of Patrick and dragging him out of the seats.

October opened her mouth to protest but they quickly left. Biting her lip, she turned her attention to Jonathan, who was looking at the dance floor. She racked her brains for something to say to him, but she came up blank. Taking a deep breath, she moved closer to Jonathan, almost invading his space, and gave him a lusty look.

"Where are you from? You don't sound American," she said huskily.

Looking at October uncomfortably, moving closer to the edge as much as he could until he couldn't move any further. He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, as he watched the valley of her breasts reveal itself as she leaned closer to him. She was hot, but from what he was getting right now, that's all she was.

"Canada," he said vaguely. "And I assume you live in Chicago."

October shook her head, placed a hand high up on his thigh and whispered huskily in his ear. "Minnesota." She let her lips lightly tickle his ear lobe.

Jonathan swallowed hard again, and gently removed her hand from his thigh. "I need to use the bathroom," he said quickly and got up before October could say anything else.

He let out a breath of relief. Missy's forwardness made him feel uncomfortable; still he definitely reacted to her touch and her voice. He felt himself grow excited as he thought about her touching him the way she did, and that look in her eye. What turned Jonathan off though was that Missy was practically throwing herself at him. She reminded him too much of a puck bunny.

October watched Jonathan make a beeline for the bathroom. She wanted so badly to slam her head against the table. She really couldn't believe she was just throwing herself to him like some loose drunken woman. She couldn't believe she was acting like a puck bunny. She felt humiliated.

When her cell phone started to vibrate, October jumped, quickly fishing for her cell phone. It was a text from Jessica. Her eyes widened when she read it over and over again. Apparently, instead of getting a drink they decided to leave her and Jonathan together and go back to Patrick's apartment.

She groaned out of frustration. Jessica was her head.

October looked at her cell phone. Jonathan had been gone for five minutes now, and she guessed that he had ditched her too. She gathered her things and pulled on her leather jacket and headed straight out the door to try and catch a taxi.

She wondered how the hell she was going to explain to Amber that she acted like a complete and total whore, basically throwing herself on Jonathan enough to be turned off by it. She was so used to brushing off guys and locking herself in her apartment, October never really knew how to seduce guys, so she just did what she saw in movies. Clearly, that didn't work.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
As you can tell, I've been too excited with this story not to update it. Finally Jonny's in the story.
Tumblr?
Comment, let me know what you think!