A Bit Of Luck

{11}

Image

Cobe had been trying her hardest not to let the alcohol completely overtake her system, but Adam had insisted on getting her drinks and they were never lacking in spirit. As they danced through the night, Cobe became less and less aware of her own common sense and more and more aware of Adam's body pressed tightly against her frame as they danced.

She'd spotted Scarlett twice through the course of the evening and both times she had been with Frank; that had given her a small sense of satisfaction before her mind switched back onto Adam and her stomach did that strange swooping that it seemed to adore since Adam had come along.

Even now, bodies entwined, Cobe couldn't fight off the raging butterflies, the racing pulse and the way her heart thrashed against her ribcage. She wondered how Adam couldn't notice all of the effects that he had caused in her. His fingers, dancing lightly over her hips, caused the skin to tingle and burn. His warm breath brushing against her neck and cheek made her heart jump into her throat. Every press of his body against hers made her legs shake and her knees weak.

An unrecognisable song passed through the speakers and Adam's body became suddenly closer. If she'd been asked, Cobe was sure she couldn't pick out her limbs from his and she was okay with that. The song was slow and sultry; her arms wrapped around Adam's neck as she was turned in his arms to face him. His head dipped lower to press forehead to forehead and a smile, unlike the ones Cobe had seen on him before, lifted the corners of his lips. Cobe could only smile in return.

Adam's smile broadened a little more. "This feels like one of those moments when the guy says something really romantic," he mumbled into her ear as he shifted the position of his face. "But, I don't think I've ever been more lacking in anything to say in my life." He chuckled a little and Cobe felt every nerve in her body tingle. Her stomach had swooped and flopped and her heart was choking her throat. She giggled a little nervously.

"Maybe that's a sign."

"That I'm drunk?" Adam wiggled his eyebrows, "Or that this isn't romantic."

"I think it's both," Cobe grinned a little, desperate to push away the feelings of disappointment that flooded her stomach, even though she'd been the one to offer the dissuasion of the situation. It was drained away when Adam continued to smile and he gently rubbed his forehead to hers.

"I think it's the first one. Because until I started speaking," Adam's jaw, scratchy with a thin layer of stubble dragged across hers, "It was perfect."

Cobe tried not to swoon. "Maybe you should stop speaking then."

Skin brushed against skin as Adam's nose grazed against hers in the lightest of sensual touches. His hands pulled her hips closer to his. "Maybe I should." His lips were less than a hairs breadth from hers, but neither made the move to close the gap. Cobe felt light headed. The anticipation was making her head swim; her chest tighten.

And then she finally understood. Ever the gentleman, Adam was waiting for Cobe's permission; for the abashed look to fade from her face and for her insecurities to lower just enough so that he could pass the shy barrier and-

Unable to take it anymore, Cobe grasped onto the collar of Adam's shirt and yanked. His lips crashed onto hers in surprise. Cobe almost withdrew from him until she felt his surprise dissipate and his lips moved, slowly at first, until they seemed to reach fever pitch. His hands clasped tightly about her jaw, separated--finally--from her hips. Cobe clenched her fingers in his shirt. "Upstairs?" she choked out. Adam could only gasp in response.
♠ ♠ ♠
You have two posts.
Why?
Because we're really awesome, I think.
And I also think that you should comment us.
We really, really like comments.