A Bit Of Luck

[12]

The next morning when Scarlett woke, she was tempted to roll over and go back to sleep. But with a quick peek around the door of her bedroom, she realised that the house was less than tidy.

“Ahhhh, fuck,” she swore, annoyance obvious in her tone. She pulled on a pair of baggy, back combat trousers, a huge hoody and scraped her hair into a messy bun, then set off down the stairs to get coffee before she tackled the mess.

She walked into the kitchen, humming to herself, in an attempt to divert her attention from her messy apartment, and nearly screamed when she saw someone standing in the kitchen. They turned around and she laughed at herself when she saw it was only Adam.

“OH MY GOD! YOU STAYED OVER!”

Adam covered his ears and winced, making Scarlett laugh again. “Am I being too loud?” she asked, purposefully raising her voice louder than necessary. He winced again and swiped blindly at her, his eyes closed as if he thought that would make her quieter.

“How come you’re so cheery this morning? Don’t you have a hangover? You were pretty wasted last night.”

“Yeah, like you noticed from Cobe’s room,” she retaliated playfully.

“Jesus, did you drink at all last night? You should still be in bed, it was your 21st, you should have a worse hangover than me!” Adam whined.

“Hangovers? I don’t get ‘em.”

Adam opened his eyes and glared at her, and Scarlett smiled cheerfully back at him. Eventually, he rolled his eyes and poured himself another coffee. Scarlett poured one for herself, then jumped up and sat on the counter top.

“So, you like Cobe then?” she started.

Adam shrugged and Scarlett almost spat out her coffee as she began to laugh.

“YOU LIKE HER, I THINK YOU LOVE HER, YOU WANNA HUG HER, YOU WANNA KISS HER, YOU WANT HER!” Scarlett sang happily. Adam smiled fondly at Scarlett, wondering how she managed day to day being so childish. Scarlett smirked at him, “Was she good in bed?” Adam choked on his coffee at her comment.

A noise at the door caught their attention and Scarlett looked to see Cobe standing there looking a little shocked. She turned on her heel and Scarlett knew she was going to run and so she hopped down off the counter.

As Cobe took a step to leave the kitchen, Scarlett used a trick she had used quite a few times before on Cobe, but never in such a situation. She tackled her.

“Get off Scar,” Cobe grumbled.

Scarlett stood up and smirked at Cobe who was sitting on the floor, “If you fuck them, you have to at least wash the coffee cups!”

Cobe growled and tackled Scarlett as she went to walk away. Scarlett tumbled forward, not expecting the tackle, landing on the metal rim at the bottom of the doorway. She gasped as it pierced her skin and crimson spread down her arm. Adam rushed to her side and went to stanch the flow but Scarlett panicked.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” she screamed and got up, ignoring the pain in her hip from impacting with the ground and sprinted to the bathroom, leaving Cobe looking concerned and guilty beside a completely baffled Adam .
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment us, yeah?
We love comments.
=D