A Bit Of Luck

{13}

Image

Cobe was used to unusual awakenings in Scarlett's place. Scar wasn't exactly conventional when it came to waking her Scottish friend, but she'd never, ever kissed Cobe on the forehead before wandering away. Of course, after mulling over the idea of Scarlett actually kissing her forehead in the morning, she came to the conclusion that it wasn't Scar.

She paused and sucked in breath.

No, not Scar. Adam.

Adam, Adam, Adam.

Cobe was barraged with a flood of unbidden images both erotic and slightly cringe worthy as she remembered her inebriated state. She glanced across the room at where the lamp still lay broken, courtesy of Adam's shirt as it had been haphazardly flung from his body.

Oh, God. His body.

Cobe shivered at the memory of the previous night before she heaved herself off the bed. Her clothes from the night before were still stained with the alcoholic drink that Adam had spilled, so she wandered to her very own little chest of drawers and pulled out a fresh top and a clean pair of shorts. She didn't want to be over dressed for the indefinite cleaning session that would be taking place downstairs.

Checking her reflection briefly, Cobe tried not to wince. Her hair looked more sexed than she felt and her eyes were still smoky and dark with eyeliner. Her lips were swollen and bruised and her neck--oh, God! Was that a love bite? She fixed her hair and face as best as she could before wincing her way down the stairs.

Cobe seriously regretted waking up that morning as she heard the loud, energetic singing of Scarlett and though she couldn't quite make out the words through the throb of her pain stricken body, she knew it was singing to tease someone.

Choking on her retort to shut Scarlett up, Cobe spluttered at the sight of Adam. He looked as rough as she felt. His hair was ruffled, his clothes were crumpled and she was sure he had his own love bite, peaking just beneath the collar of his shirt. Tearing her eyes away from him and emitting a sound of surprise, Cobe turned heel, with every intention of fleeing. Until she was tackled into the ground, of course.

"Get off, Scar," she grunted, air forced out of her lungs painfully. And her shoulder--fuck--still hurt from when she was slammed into the wall.

Heaving herself off her Scottish friend, Scar smirked proudly, "If you fuck them, you have to at least wash the coffee cups!"

Embarrassed and wanting revenge, Cobe let out a soft growl before launching herself at her dark haired friend. They stumbled and fell and Cobe retracted in horror when she saw the damage she'd done to her friend. Her hand flew to cover her mouth as Adam dashed forward. Blood swarmed around the wound of Scarlett's arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" she heard Scar hiss at Adam, before she rushed from the room. Confused, the dark haired male turned to Cobe and frowned.

"I-I just wanted to-"

Cobe nodded. She understood why Scarlett wouldn't let him touch her. She understood why Scarlett wanted to get away from them as quick as possible. Scarlett was so afraid of her illness affecting others that she never took the risk. Cobe reached over and touched Adam gently. "Scarlett has a…thing with blood."

Adam looked down at her and nodded himself. "Should we…?"

Cobe bit her lip, "No." Adam looked confused and Cobe wanted to tell him more but she couldn't find the right words, instead she pressed her lips to his cheek. "Don't worry. She's just…it's just. It's a Scarlett thing. I can't explain it."

Adam's frown only deepened, but a slight trickle of red had appeared on his cheeks from the boldness of Cobe's kiss. She hugged him, and smiled reassuringly. "I have some coffee cups to wash. Do you want to help me?"

"Maybe you should push Scar over more often if I get all these kisses and cuddles," he joked, following after her to the sink. Cobe shook her head and was about to respond when someone else beat her to the punch.

"Or, instead of mutilating me every time you want a kiss, you could just ask her."

Cobe smiled apologetically at her friend, but couldn't resist the jibe. "But, Scar, where's the fun in that?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is cute. I think, at least.
Let me know?