Mary Without Sound

With Perfect Sound You Bring Me Down: 4

What if it Was You?

“Now I get to show you something,” she says. She has her camera in hand and a pleased smile on her face. “So hurry up and get ready.”

I’m so curious that I immediately grab a jacket from my closet and leave my bedroom. She’s waiting at the front door, shoes and coat already on.

She’s still smiling, and her eyes all lit up. It’s adorable.

- did I really just think that?

I shake my head at myself and hurriedly pull on the first pair of shoes I see.

“Come on,” she tugs me along impatiently. I can’t help but smile at her enthusiasm as she almost drags me out the door.

It’s just gotten dark out, but it’s not too cold as we walk to our unknown destination.

Mary has her camera bag slung across her back and a bounce in her step.

We approach a venue, where she flashes a pass and the doorman smiles and nods a greeting like he knows her.

Maybe he does.

How much do I really know about her anyway?

After the show, we’ve had a few, so we’re in a pretty good mood.

We’re walking back to the apartment, maybe stumbling back, as it is.

She snaps a picture of me, catching me off guard as I try to unlock the door to the apartment.

“Hey!” I protest, making a blind grab for the camera. “Knock it off.”

“Or what?” she retorts, laughing and holding her camera away from me.

“Or…” I begin, a teasing smile still plastered on my face as I try and snatch the camera from her.

I don’t know why I do what I do next.

But she just looks so perfect in that second.

Her eyes laughing, carefree wisps of hair framing her face, and that playful grin-

I grab Mary’s face and I kiss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but I wanted it to get to this point already :P

Thanks!: dorkosaur & yeahthatsme93