When Hell Freezes Over

10

Four years passed since the birth of Remy Parker Lovesin. Our lives couldn't be any more perfect. Eventually, Aiden and I became a ‘couple’ and Remy even started to call Aiden ‘dad’; which was perfectly fine with him.

“What time are you going to be back?” hollered Aiden.

“Around three,” I said after looking at the clock. It was twelve now. Three hours was more than enough time to do a quick shopping stop at the mall with Bee.

“Are you taking Rem?”

“Yeah, you enjoy your time by yourself.”

“I will!”

* * * * * *

“it sure is nice to go shopping just the two of us again,” said Bee.

I looked at her quizzically.

“Well, almost,” she laughed. “I kind of forgot about Remy it seems like she’s always been here.”

Bee was of great help during Rem’s first two years of life. She was always available to watch her if I needed to go grocery shopping and Aiden wasn't around. She loved Remy and Remy loved her. Rem thought of Bee as a big sister; they sometimes fought like they were related too.

“Oh, sorry, sir,” I said as I bumped into a man standing in front of me. “I didn't see you.”

“No, its okay,” he said turning around. “Hunter?”

“Blaze?” I replied. Terror immediately swept over me and Bee could tell. She came closer towards me. I held Remy’s hand tighter.

“Well, I see your doing fine,” he snidely remarked.

“Yeah, no thanks to you,” I sneered back.

“Looks like you slimmed down,” he smirked.

“I was pregnant, it happens after you give birth,” I shot back.

“This the kid?”

“Yes this is my daughter,” I told him.

“What’s her name?” he asked.

“Like you have the right to know,” I said bluntly.

“Well I helped maker her now didn't I?” he retorted back, taking a step closer to me. I
instinctively pushed Remy behind me to protect her.

“You weren’t there when she was born, nor did you have anything to do with helping raise you. You wanted nothing to do with her, remember? You kicked me out!” I started to shout and people were starting to stare.

“Calm down Hunt, its okay he can’t hurt you anymore,” whispered Bee into my ear. She was right.

“Forget this, I’m done with you,” I told him. “Good bye, Blaze. I hope I don't see you again.”

We walked away from him towards K B Toys to buy Remy a Barbie house for her Barbie dolls.

“Mommie, who was that?” asked Remy.

“An old– just someone I used to know, that’s all,” I told her.

We came back home at 2:30.

“Back so soon?” asked Aiden. “I Think this is the first time you two ever came home before the time you said you would.”

“Well, lets just say this wasn't one of the better shopping trips,” I told him.

“Why what happened?” he asked curiously.

“We ran into Blaze,” answered Bee, looking for some LIFE cereal.

“What? And? What’d he do?” Aiden asked.

“He made it seem like he wanted to be apart of Remy’s life that’s all,” I told him. “And I told him that he can’t say that he didn't want her to begin with and then all of sudden see me at the mall with her and want to know everything about her. We left after seeing him. Totally ruined my shopping mood. I'm sorry Bee, I promise we’ll do this again next weekend, minus the running into Blaze part.”

“It’s okay,” she said. “I completely understand. I don't even like to see my ex-boyfriends where our break up was mutual. Can’t imagine the feeling for you.”

I collapsed onto the couch next to Aiden. I watched Remy play with her new Barbie house for a while. Despite how she reminded me of her real father sometimes, I couldn't imagine my life without her now – she’s such a big part of it. Sure sometimes it’s hard and I worry a lot about being able to support her. But I know in the end it’s all worth it; especially if it means to make her life better than mine. I don't want her to end up like me: tricked into an abusive relationship, getting kicked out of the house, abandoned and deceived by parents. Now, everything I do – I do to make her life the best and to give her everything I possibly can give her. And although she doesn't know a lot about her real dad, she knows Aiden, which is even better.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading my first story
I appreciate it <3