When Hell Freezes Over

2

My feet slowly stepped up the stairs and led my body to the front door. My arm moved itself to ring the doorbell, but instead it knocked on the door.

“Mom?” I whispered to the person who opened the door.

“Hunter?” she whispered back.

I nodded my head in the blackness. “Yeah…”

“Come in,” she said opening the door to let me in.

Once I was inside she quickly closed the door behind me.

“What brings you here?” she said bitterly.

“Blaze,” I simply replied.

“What about him?” she asked.

“You already know.”

“I know, I just want to hear you say it.”

“God, mother. This is why I never come to you for help, because you always do this. You always make me feel horrible and make me feel like what I did was stupid. You could at least pretend to care, and to be a mom,” I told her.

“Well I was right though, wasn't I?” she asked.

“Yes,” I replied almost inaudibly.

“I knew you were going to come here sooner or later, but I can’t help you,” she told me.

“Why not?” I asked, almost shocked.

“Remember the night you told me you were going to move into the apartment with Blaze?”

I nodded my head.

“I told you that it wasn't a good idea, but like all the other times, you didn't listen to me and thought that I was wrong. I knew this was going to happen Hunter. I knew it. But still, I let you go, didn't I? I let you go.”

“I know mom, but now I’m here and I’m asking you for your help, can you please help me?” I asked her.

“I’m sorry Hunter, but that night I told you once you step foot out of this house your problems were no longer mine and that you would have to fix them yourself. That was the deal that came with moving in with Blaze. You’re eighteen now, you always thought you could take care of yourself, now you’re going to have too because I’m through with helping you with your problems. You can stay here tonight, but I don't want to see you here after 10 tomorrow morning, you hear me?”

“Yeah mom, thanks,” I brushed her off.

“You can sleep on the couch, I’m going to bed,” she told me. “Good night.”

“Bye.”