When Hell Freezes Over

chapter 4

“You don't look to good,” said Bee when she saw me arrive at the mall.

“I threw up last night, sleeping on the couch didn't help either, I presume,” I told her.

“You threw up and he made you sleep on the couch?” she asked shocked.

“Yeah, he didn't want to get sick,” I explained.

“He’s such a jerk,” she told me. “I don't know why you’re still with him.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Lets get something to eat! I’m craving something oily!”

“You and your food. Always like you’re eating for two,” Bee joked.

We ended up going to Panda Express. I order orange chicken, beef broccoli and chow mein. Bee got the Panda Bowl.

“Slow down, the food’s not going anywhere,” Bee told me.

“I’ve been so hungry lately, it’s like I’m really eating for two!” We both laughed.

“Are you done?” I asked Bee, once I was done.

“Yup, lets go.”

We did some damage. We hit every store we could think of: Hollister, American Eagle, Hot Topic, Sam Goody, Macy’s, Wet Seal, Abercrombie, the list goes on. We bought something from each store too, like I said, we did some damage.

“I need to go to the bathroom,” I told Bee.

“Okay, now that you mention it, I do too,” she told me.

We rushed over to the bathrooms.

“Ugh.”

“What?” questioned Bee.

“Nothing,” I told her. “I just thought I got my period, but I didn't.”

“You haven’t gotten your period in a while…” she said.

“Don't be stupid, I just had it…” I paused to think.

She looked at me with an ‘I knew it’ look on her face.

“You’re right, I haven’t had it in at least two months,” I said kind of in shock. I knew I didn't get my period in a while, but I thought that it wasn't that long.

“Didn't you say you threw up last night?” she asked.

“Yeah, but-“

“And you’ve been craving a lot of food lately. Not to mention that you seem like you’ve gained some weight, no offense.”

“Oh, God,” I said wide-eyed. “No…”