‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Status: Updates Come and Go... Consider It a Surprise :)

For You, I Will

Unexpected

Well, needless to say, Embry was furious when he and Jacob came inside, explaining what the Makah’s had demanded.

“If they think they can lay a single hand on Lillie-“

“They won’t, Embry,” Jacob assured him for the hundredth time. Both he and Embry were pacing back and forth across the living room. Jake had called Edward the second he’d reached the house, explaining what had happened and urging them to keep Renesmee as safe as possible until he could get to her.

Quil, Paul, Jared, and Sam had left right away to gather their own imprints; they’d all called in from the Cullen’s house, letting us know they were okay. I was currently seated between my mom and dad; my dad had one of my hands in his, and his other arm was wrapped around my shoulders, not only to hold onto me, but to hold onto my mom, his own imprintee. The rest of the La Push pack was patrolling around the house.

“Why didn’t you tear that disgusting excuse for a shapeshifter to shreds?!” Embry demanded, rounding on Jacob and letting his fear and helplessness come out as anger. Jacob, though just as terrified for Nessie, was much more calm than Embry.

“You know as well as I do that there were more wolves in the trees supporting him. To try and take on Saul and the two next to him would have brought on a full-out fight. Besides, he said before that other packs were angry at us as well. What makes you think there weren’t more packs out there supporting him as well?”

Embry was silent, mulling over Jacob’s words with a scowl on his face.

“So what do we do?”

“We need to get Lillie and Alex to the Cullens’ house,” Jake said, turning to my mom, dad, and I. “We’ll all be safer there. Quil, Paul, Jared, and Sam are already there, and they have a pretty good defense set up.”

“How’re we going to manage getting to the Cullens?” my dad asked, giving my hand a squeeze.

My mom turned to look at him.

“They said they’d give us an hour. Why do we have to rush?”

“Because I have a feeling that when they see us rushing the pair of you two out of here, they won’t honor the agreement.”

My mom just nodded.

“So we’ll make a beeline for the car,” Jake explained. “The best bet is my rabbit. Your jeep and Seth’s chevy are in the garage, and some moron forgot to put a connecting door to the garage inside the house. It would just take too long to fumble with the garage door and get in the cars.”

“Your rabbit’s all the way across the yard, though,” Embry fretted. “There’re plenty of spots where Saul and the Makah’s could get to Lillie and Alex.”

“We’ll just have to be a step ahead,” Jacob said grimly.

“We better get going,” my dad said, rising to his feet and pulling me with him. My mom rose as well, clinging close to my side. Though really there wasn’t much she could do to protect me, I know she felt better being next to me.

“Where’s Lucas?” I asked, looking around for my brother. Okay, so we weren’t perfect siblings, but seeing him rush to my defense like that had earned him a few cool points. Okay, okay, a lot of cool points.

“He’s outside guarding the car with the others,” Embry said, coming forward and taking my hand. My dad let him pull me out from under his arm, and Embry tucked me into his own protective hold.

“Seth, you and Alex get to the car first. Then Embry, Lillie, and I will follow you. Don’t stop for anything, and once you reach the car, don’t get back out for any reason. Do you understand me, Seth?”

“But what if a wolf comes for Lillie-“

“Embry and I, along with all the other wolves, will handle it. Understand?”

My dad grumbled something that sounded like acceptance as Jacob motioned him and my mom forward. In an instant, Jacob had thrown open the door, and my dad had scooped my mom up in his arms as he dashed for the car. Nothing happened as he bundled my mom inside. He sat on the far left of the backseat, my mom right beside him. Embry and I were to slide in right after them.

Embry wrapped a strong arm around my shoulders the same instant he swept his other arm under my legs to lift me up. Holding me tight to his chest, he and Jake nodded to one another, and then they surged out the door.

I saw the dark shape of a foreign wolf darting from the trees the same instant Lucas and Leah did. They both dashed forward to intercept it, just as two more ran out after the dark wolf.

More of the La Push pack raced towards it, and even more of the Makah and intruder wolves rushed out of the woods towards the car. Embry had just leapt off the porch when I saw the black and russet/white wolf slip underneath a younger La Push wolf and make a beeline for me. Jake was in his own battle with a burly amber wolf as he tried to make his way to the driver side door.

“Run for the car the second I put you down!” Embry hissed to me, already beginning to loosen his grip. I managed to nod just as he flipped me up right; my feet hit the ground, and I took off.

Embry phased in the blink of an eye, throwing himself between me and the black/russet/white wolf. I saw Embry sink his teeth into Kale’s neck from the corner of my eye as I raced for the car.

And in the reflection of the paint, I saw the face of a gigantic black and white wolf with crimson eyes; Saul. He was right behind me, and I was still just a bit too far from the rabbit.

And then, without warning, my dad dove over my mom’s lap and out the door of the rabbit; I dropped to the ground and covered my head the second my dad phased. He flew right over me, slamming into Saul. Embry, still in his wolf form, slammed Kale to the ground and then shoved me into the car, butting the door shut with his head. Jacob broke free of the amber wolf, phased back in a second, and yanked his shorts on as he tumbled into the drivers seat. He turned the key, hit the gas, and peeled out of our driveway.

“Seth!” my mom cried, the same time I yelled,

“Embry!” Turning back around, I begged, “Jake we need to stop and get them! They were supposed to come with us!”

“I’m not risking you or your mom,” Jacob barked, throwing his rabbit into fourth gear as he raced out of La Push and swung onto the highway. “Seth and Embry can handle themselves for now. Our top priority is you.”

Fear and anguish overwhelmed me and I slumped back into the seat; my mom pulled me to her side, and I felt hot tears fall into my hair as she held me tight.

“They’ll be okay,” she whispered, her voice negating the very words she said. “They’ll come back.”

We pulled into the Cullen’s driveway doing almost ninety. Jacob slammed on the brakes, and we skid to a dusty halt. Immediately, both back doors were open. I saw Edward scoop out my mom as Emmett hoisted me into his arms; Jacob had dashed for the house, calling out Nessie’s name. Instantly, Edward and Emmett rushed inside, depositing me and my mom in the living room as they checked us over.

A pair of cool, slender arms threw themselves around my neck, and I turned to hug Renesmee back. I ended up hugging Jacob, too, because he refused to let go of her.

“I’m so glad you’re okay!” she cried, squeezing me tight. Nessie was half vampire; her strength was heightened, and as she continued to hug me tighter, I winced and choked out,

“Ness, I’m breakable!” Instantly her grip loosened, though she kept her hold on me.

“Go and help the others,” Edward said, turning to Jacob. “Make sure Seth and Embry make it here okay.”

Jacob looked torn; protect Renesmee or protect his packmates?

“Nessie will be fine with eight vampires guarding her until you get back,” Edward said, a hint of humor in his voice. Jacob attempted a smile; it just came out as more of a grimace as he reluctantly let Nessie go.

“I’ll be right back-“

“Go help Embry and Seth!” she urged, giving him a hefty shove towards the door. With one last look at Nessie, Jake turned and sprinted out of the house, phasing as he leapt off the deck.

Immediately, Edward shut and locked the door as Emmett drew the blinds. From the kitchen, I heard Bella call,

“Alex?”

Instantly, my mom gave my shoulder a squeeze, then dashed off towards her oldest and dearest friend. Emmett disappeared up the stairs, saying something about getting the room ready, and Edward sank down at the piano and began to play a soothing tune. Nessie took my hand and pulled me to the couch, and we both dropped down onto the over plush cushions as she flicked on the TV. It was more for background noise than anything.

“Why do you think they’re coming after us?” she asked me, her wide golden brown eyes full of confusion. I met her gaze and gave a little shrug.

“Embry and Jake said it was to punish the pack.”

“But why just you and me? Why not all the imprints?”

“Well for one, I’m tied to the most pack members, and you’re the pack leaders imprint. They’ll go for what hurts. And as for why it’s just you and me, I think it was just a plan to try and turn the pack on one another.”

“How so?”

“Well they made the offer of either you and me, or all the imprints. I bet the Makah’s thought that Quil and Jared and Sam and Paul would turn on Embry and Jake and hand us over. But they don’t know how close all of us are.”

Nessie nodded, her face drawing into an uncharacteristic frown. But before we could say anymore, the music on the piano drew to a sharp end, and Edward was beside the door in less than a second.

“Jaz, Em,” he said under his breath. Before I knew what was happening, Emmett had taken ahold of me, while Jasper grabbed Renesmee, and we upstairs just as I heard the front door open.

“No fair!” Nessie complained, glowering at Jasper.

“It’s for your own safety, Ness,” he told her, giving her a small smile as he disappeared back down the stairs.

“Well, I want to see what’s going on,” she muttered, whipping around to head towards one of the rooms facing the front of the house. Wordlessly I followed her, eager to see what was going on as well.

“C’mon, Emmett’s room overlooks the front yard. We’ll see everything!” Nessie pushed the door open and rushed inside, with me right after her. Only, we weren’t counting on Rose and Alice blocking the window. Both of them were facing us with their arms crossed. Nessie let out a frustrated groan as she came to a reluctant stop; I crashed into her and gave Rosalie and Alice a sheepish smile.

“You two are being hunted by other wolves and you really think it’s smart to hang around the window in plain view of everyone?” Rosalie demanded, her gorgeous gold eyes narrowed at the pair of us. Nessie rolled her eyes, then turned back around and marched out of the room.

“You’re lucky you don’t have bossy know-it-all aunts,” she muttered, knowing full well Rose and Alice could hear her. I followed the very frustrated Nessie to another room, which had only a couch, a TV, and a chess table pushed back against one wall that had a cracked, full length mirror on it. I caught sight of my reflection and grimaced. My hair was nothing more than a bundle of tangles, and my clothes were muddy and disheveled.

“I wonder what’s going on down there,” Nessie sighed, turning the TV on and beginning to flick through the channels a little faster than I could watch. We both settled down on the couch. “I bet you the Makah wolves-“

There was a sudden bang from downstairs, which sounded a lot like the door being kicked in, and then several loud shouts and some vicious growling found its way up the stairs. Nessie and I exchanged a shocked glance before we leapt up off the couch and hurried towards the door. And of course, Rosalie was in front of our opening, but this time she didn’t look mad; she looked a little frightened. The gleam of fear in her eyes shocked Nessie and I into obedient silence.

“Stay in this room, no matter what. I don’t want the pair of you to set foot outside of this door until I come and get you, is that clear?!”

Nessie and I nodded quickly and stepped back as Rosalie shut the door.

***My POV***

The Makah wolves had arrived at the Cullen house, but the La Push pack was no where to be seen. Edward had heard them coming from the beginning of the driveway, and now that Lillie and Renesmee were safely upstairs, he braced himself at the door.

“What’s going on?!” Bella demanded, rushing into the room with Alex.

“Both of you, get upstairs,” Edward ordered, locking eyes with his wife. Bella understood the fear and worry in his gaze, and she nodded, taking Alex’s arm and towing her up the stairs.

Emmett, Jasper, and Carlisle came up on either side of Edward, all braced for the attack. Edward could hear them getting closer and closer, their minds fixed on the images of Lillie and Renesmee. Seeing his daughter turned into prey nearly sent Edward over the edge.

Keep it together, Ed, Emmett thought, flicking a worried glance over to his brother. You can’t go haywire on us now.

Edward gave a curt nod, then turned his attention back to the wolves. There were at least ten of them, all full-grown, making a beeline for the house. And then, suddenly, Edward caught the thoughts of another group of foreign wolves coming from behind the house, racing past his and Bella’s house in the woods, ready to ambush the house from behind.

“Emmett, Carlisle, wolves are coming from the back as well,” he said quickly, faster than any human could have deciphered. “Take up positions there. Jasper and I will do our best here.”

Emmett and Carlisle raced to the back of the house, just as Jasper murmured,

“Here they come.”

Edward took a step back just as the front door was flung off its hinges. He dodged it easily and intercepted the huge black and white wolf that lunged for his throat. Jasper was immediately met with three wolves that had made a beeline for the stairs. From behind him, Edward could hear the sounds of shouting and barking from where Emmett and Carlisle were holding their own. Just then, another wolf jumped at Jasper, and two more flew at Edward.

From beside him, he saw Alice practically fly down the stairs as she took out two of the wolves on top of Jasper.

Please stay out of here, Bella, Edward thought desperately, tossing the black and white wolf aside into another wolf as he struggled with the other two on top of him.

Edward caught the sight of brunette hair flashing past him, and an instant later the familiar sight of Bella met his eyes as she flung the wolves off Edward.

“Get upstairs!” he ordered, intercepting a wolf that had lunged for her.

“You’re outnumbered!” she shot back.

“I don’t care, get out of the fight!”

“I’m not leaving you to die!”

With that, Bella began to help Jasper out from underneath the wolves as Edward began to block off the front door. He caught the thoughts of the wolf behind him just as he was knocked to the ground. Edward flipped himself over and tossed the wolf aside, only to be assaulted by three more as wolves began to surge from the kitchen, where Carlisle and Emmett were supposed to be holding down the fort.

Quickly, fearing they’d been killed, Edward hunted for their thoughts; he was met with Emmett’s, and he saw just how many were pouring in from the woods. Though Carlisle and Emmett were holding their own, they were no match for the dozens of enemies overwhelming them.

And then, from his position on the ground, he caught sight of the four wolves racing up the stairs, and he heard Rosalie’s surprised shout as they rushed towards her.

***Lillie’s POV***

Rosalie screamed, and my blood ran cold. With Nessie’s heightened hearing and our common sense, we figured the Makah wolves had started an attack against the house. And, from what Nessie said, the La Push pack was no where in sight. We could hear the snarling of wolves, mixed with the snarling of Rosalie, just outside our door. Nessie and I had backed up against the wall, our arms wrapped around each other as we stared wide-eyed at the door.

I was shaking all over; my fear was almost at its breaking point, and I couldn’t contain the shudders that raked my body. I felt a wave of fear pass over me, and at the same time Nessie gasped and drew her arms back away from me.

“What?” I cried, spinning around to look over my shoulder. There was nothing beside me.

“You burned me!” She exclaimed, rubbing her arms tenderly as she stared at me with- was that fear in her eyes??

“What? How?!”

“I don’t-“

Nessie’s startled answer was broken off by a fierce bang on the door. We both jumped, and Nessie went to grab hold of me, only to wince and draw back as her hand met my arm. The first bang was followed by a second, and with the third bang, the door was thrown off its hinges. Nessie threw herself over me, using her slightly stronger half-vampire body to shield me from the door as it was thrown towards us.

As she drew back, my breath caught in my throat. Standing in the doorway was Kale, the black and russet/white wolf from before. His gleaming crimson eyes were locked on Nessie and I. I wasn’t sure where Rosalie was, but she wasn’t outside the door, and Kale was taking his time to close the distance between us.

The fear was almost too much. I felt sick, sicker than I’d even been in my entire life. All that I could think of was, if no one comes upstairs in the next thirty seconds, we’d be history. And I really didn’t want to die at the moment.

It was as if my body had been taken over; I felt myself get to my feet, and I felt my feet pull me forward. Surprised, Kale stopped in his tracks to watch what I was doing. My whole body was on fire, but I couldn’t scream or run; I was just a spectator in my own body.

And then, without warning, I felt my entire body begin to shake; not just tremble, but shake. It seemed like my body exploded. I was thrown forward, and I managed to get my hands in front of me. Only, when I looked down at my hands, they weren’t hands. They were slender white paws. Blinking in shock, I took a step back and turned towards the mirror.

A small, slender white wolf with my same bright green eyes stared back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
darknesslovesme021

greekgodchildhades3

JustThinking

mischief managed;

celestial_royalty

blakkarma22

Squishiesrock

WolfGirl96

Wow thanks for all the comments guys! They totally rocked my socks <3 this chapter is for you!

Here's the surprise! Yay! Did you see it coming? Cause I sure didn't haha. I wasn't expecting that to happen, but it did! So yay. I surprise myself with my writing all the time lol.

Anyways, I hoped you liked it! Please comment and tell me what you think :D and that means you too, silent readers! I know you're out there. :D