‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Status: Updates Come and Go... Consider It a Surprise :)

For You, I Will

Lost

“The homecoming dance will be held this evening in the gym,” the principal’s voice said over the loud system. I grinned at Nessie, who was across the room, and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. We’d been looking forward to this dance the past couple of weeks, and tonight was the night. It wasn’t as big as Prom, but the school still made a huge deal out of it, and we couldn’t help but be excited.

As the bell rang and we gathered our stuff, I sensed someone standing beside me. Thinking it was Nessie, I glanced up, only to be shocked when I saw someone else standing there.

Cade Warren was one of the most popular seniors; he had shaggy black hair with side swept bangs, a pierced lip, skinny jeans, and everything else that made him one of the hottest scene kids I’d ever seen.

Cade smiled down at me, helping me gather up my notes. I blushed a little, scooping the rest of my papers into my bag.

“How’re you doing Lillie?” he asked, stepping back as I swung my backpack onto my shoulder. I shrugged.

“I’m fine, you?”

Nessie fell into step beside me as I headed out of the classroom; Cade began to walk on the other side of me.

“I’m good,” he said casually, pushing the door open for us. Like always, Jacob was waiting for Nessie.

“Where’s Embry?” I asked, glancing around as Cade followed us out.

“Hung back to talk to Mrs. Thatcher,” Jacob said, wrapping an arm around Nessie’s waist and pulling her closer.

“Can I talk to you?” Cade asked, lightly grabbing my elbow and pulling me to a stop. Jake and Nessie stopped too. “Alone?” he added.

“Uh, sure,” I said, glancing over to Nessie and Jake. “I’ll see you guys in English.”

As they disappeared around the corner, Cade leaned up against the wall behind him, smiling at me.

“So, do you have a date to Homecoming?”

“Oh, er, no I don’t, actually,” I said, feeling my cheeks begin to burn. Cade pushed himself off the wall, smiling. He stopped in front of me, resting his hand casually on my waist. I gently pushed it off.

“Would you like to go with me?” he asked, replacing his hand. I was so stunned that I didn’t push it off.

“What? Really?” I gaped, trying to sound calm. Cade chuckled and moved his hand from my waist up to my cheek. He tucked a few loose curls behind my ear, smiling.

“Of course,” he said softly, sending shudders down my spine. For a moment, I was unable to say anything. Cade chuckled again and said,

“I’ll give you time to think it through,” he said, dropped his hand. “I’ll find you when the last bell rings.”

Before I could reply, Cade turned and headed down the hall towards his next class.

I was rooted to the spot, my mind working a hundred miles an hour.

Do I want to go with Cade?

No. I didn’t want to go with Cade. I wanted to go with Embry. How could I choose Cade, when Embry was so… well, perfect?

I ‘d just tell Cade no, I decided, hitching my backpack up a little higher. As I turned to head to class, the sudden appearance of Embry made me let out a small shriek.

“God, Embry,” I gasped, clutching my chest. “Are you trying to kill me?”

When Embry didn’t say anything, I looked up and met his eyes.

A cold wave of fear washed over me; his eyes were colder than I’d ever seen before.

“So, you and Cade, huh?” he asked coldly, his voice harsher than ever before.

“Of course not,” I said quietly, frowning at him. “He asked me to homecoming, but I’m gonna say no.”

“Right,” Embry laughed darkly. “I saw him holding your waist. I saw you flirting with him.”

“Em, what’s wrong? I don’t like Cade,” I told him, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Oh sure,” Embry snapped. “I saw the way you were acting with him Lillie. Don’t lie to me.”

“I don’t want to go with Cade,” I told him, reaching out to grab his hand. Embry stepped back. “I’d much rather go with-“

The bell rang, cutting off my words. I sighed as I saw Embry’s face grow darker.

“You’re late,” he said, turning around and stalking away from me. My heart twisted painfully; he really thought I’d want to go with Cade? I wanted to stand there and mope in my anxiety and sadness, but Embry was right; I was late.

I rushed into the English room, ducking my head as I made my way to the table with Nessie and Jake. Ignoring Mrs. Beyer’s complaints, I let out a shaky breath, and dropped my head down onto the table with a thud.

“Are you okay?” Nessie asked anxiously, beginning to rub my back in slow circles.

“Cade asked me to Homecoming,” I said, looking up to stare bleakly into Nessie’s chocolate eyes. “He left before I could answer, and Embry saw us. He thinks I want to go with Cade!”

“Well do you?” Nessie asked, a mothering tone in her voice.

“Of course not!”

“Shh!” Mrs. Beyer hissed, smacking the desk with her ruler, which made me jump. Shooting a glare at her back, I let out a frustrated sigh.

“Don’t worry about Embry. I’ll talk to him at lunch, okay?”

As I nodded, Nessie smiled and said,

“You know he’s so hot headed. He’ll calm down by lunch and everything will be okay.”

I gave her a small smile. Nessie was right; Embry would be better in a few hours, and things would be back to normal.

“No talking!” Mrs. Beyer snapped, hitting the desk as she passed by us again.

Glowering at her, I pulled out my notebook and began to jot down the things on the board.

“I don’t see him,” I said nervously, craning my neck to look around for his familiar face. Usually it wasn’t hard to spot the 6’2, well-tanned and very well-muscled form of Embry, but I didn’t see him anywhere. Our usual table was empty.

As I was turning to look behind me, the familiar black hair caught my eye, and I saw Embry just sitting down at a table that held not only Lucas, but Arabella too. I narrowed my eyes, nudging Nessie in the side and pointing to where Embry was now laughing along with Ara and Lucas.

Seconds later, Jake left Nessie’s side and went to stand behind Embry. I saw Embry jump from surprise, and then turn to talk to Jake.

Jake’s face darkened, and his hands balled into fists at his side. Angrily, he gestured to Ara, and then shook his head in disgust. Embry watched him head towards us, and his eyes fell on me.

For just a brief moment, I saw sadness flicker in his eyes. Then, he turned away and wrapped his arm around Ara’s shoulders. My mouth fell open; the gasp from beside me told me that Nessie was watching too. When Jake reached us, he said grimly,

“He asked Arabella to the dance tonight.”

I shut my mouth, clenching my teeth tightly. I took in a deep, furious breath, and let it out slowly. I shook my head, and then headed over to Embry. Lucas’s head snapped up at my appearance; I usually wasn’t anywhere near his table during lunch.

Embry and Arabella turned to look at me.

“Just so you know,” I said in a cold, furious voice. “I wasn’t planning on going with Cade. I was going to tell him no, so I could go with you. But obviously that’s not what you wanted.”

With that, I turned on the spot and stalked off to Cade’s table. I felt Embry’s eyes on me, and as I stopped beside Cade, I had to force myself to go on.

“Lillie,” Cade said, grinning up at me. He stood up to face me. “Have you decided yet?”

I nodded at him, forcing a smile onto my face.

“Will you go with me?” he asked, his baby blue eyes sparkling as he stared at me.

“Yes, I will.”

Cade grinned wider, and then pulled me into a hug. “Great! Hey, why don’t you eat with me and some of my friends?”

“Can Nessie and Jake sit with us?” I asked hopefully. Cade nodded, leaving to grab a few extra chairs. I motioned Nessie and Jake over, and took a seat beside Cade. Nessie sat hesitantly beside me, with Jake beside her.

“Guys, this is Cade, my homecoming date,” I said, smiling at Cade. “Cade, these are my two best friends Renesmee and Jacob.”

“Hi, nice to meet you,” Cade said, sticking his hand out to Nessie, and then to Jake.

As I turned to see if Embry had been watching, my heart sunk.

The seat beside Arabella was empty. I wasn’t disappointed because he hadn’t seen; I was sad because I felt as if, in the matter of a few minutes, I’d lost my best friend.

I had lost Embry.
♠ ♠ ♠
PeaceOutDude123

Kristalynnxx

heroesfail;

LexaNicoleHearts

jamiebenn14

Arcticstar

trinkeyk

Sorry it’s been so long since I updated! I’ve been busy. My birthday was on the 13th (woo! 18!), and I’ve been filling out scholarship applications cause I got accepted to Adams State :D so yeah!

But I’m gonna TRY and have regular updates… but hey, no promises.
Hope you like the story so far, I have a lot planned!