Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

Let's Try and Fix Everything

After hanging up, I started regreting having agreed to see Patrick, but then I realized that Tatianna was right and I should start acting like a big girl for once.

I heard a car door shut outside, I knew it was him. I heard the doorbell, my mom got it. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I plainly said, as I got up to face Patrick. My heart must have been beating at 200 beats per minute.

He opened the door and stood there starring at me for a few seconds, neither of us knew what to say.

I saw half a smile on his face and I was on the merge of crying. We both took a step foward and hugged for the longest time. It felt so, so good. We both had tears in our eyes as Patrick whispered through tears:

"I missed you so much baby."

"I missed you too." I said still hugging him.

"I..." I broke us appart. "I am so sorry, I have been such a fool... I've hurt you and the guys in the band and Tatianna and everyone, but mostly you... and I love and I feel horrible...and I don't know how you could forgive me for having left so stupidly like I did." I tried to explain through tears.

Patrick pulled me closer to him and gently kissed my forehead.

"It's ok Kayleigh, I understand you got scared, anyone would for something that goes this fast...we'll take time to do everything in time and right. Just know that I love you and everything will be fine."

His words were soothing. So cliche, but I felt I could do anything as long as I was with him.

"I love you too, so much..." I said kissing him. Missed that too.

I pulled away and looked at him in the eyes and said: "You're sure you want to be with me?"

His expression changed. "What... what do yo mean?!"

"I'm such a crazy b*tch, one day you'll regret having made the first steps!!" I bursted out laughing. First time in a week I laughed, actually.

"Shut up! I didn't!" He laughed.

"You so did!! Remember at the store? 'oh hi I'm from Chicago too, I'm such a cutie boy, be my friend?!' Remember that Stump?"

He blushed "Nahh you got it all wrong... I never wanted to be your friend! I always just wanted to get in your pants!"

"Perverrrt!!"

We were both play fighting and he tackled me onto the bed. What did you say about make up sex?!

******************

It was months later already. Everyone had forgotten my little diva breakdown from earlier that year and things we're going amazingly smooth.

McKinley Said opened a couple of Fall Out Boy shows before getting on a different tour. Because face it... with me dating the lead singer of Fall Out Boy and our band comming out of basically no where it was just too easy for people to say I had slept our way up and that we didn't deserve half of the response we were getting with our album that had just came out.

Being on tour around America without Patrick was horrible though, I missed him so much. We called eachother as often as we could, but it was still hard.

The bus was driving to... hell I don't even remember where we were going, and my phone rang. It was Patrick. YAY!!

"Hey pattycakes!"

"Hi babe! how are you?"

"I'm great! There's only 3 shows left! We're almost in California right now... I think."

"That's awesome, I can't wait to see you, I miss you so much! But hey I've got to go now I have this promo thingie to go do now, I'm almost late!"

"I'm ok, I miss you too, don't be late Patrick! you know late people are lame! I love you! bye"

Three days later it was our last show, in San Jose. I was sad the tour was over but I was so happy to go back home to Patrick! I had moved in with him just after we got back from Chicago when I ran away. I never regretted having gone back, I love every second spent on stage, with the band and with Patrick.

We were playing our last song when someone came running up behind me, and singing along with me! It was Patrick! I wanted to just jump on him and hug him but we finished the song.

As soon as we got of the stage I covered him in kisses.

"You're awesome! You know that? I love you so much! ohhhh I missed you so much" I said in between kisses.