Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

Keep The Pieces Together

I woke up on the couch to the sound of my phone ringing. I didn't know the number so I didn't pick up. Little did I know was that it was only the first of a million phone calls of people who hadn't spoken to me for months and all of a sudden remembered I existed because my face was out in the papers.

"Hey! Finally you're up!" I heard Tatianna yell from the kitchen.

"Uh... yeah, don't you have work?"

"Nope, canceled the meeting I had today, just to be with you!" She said, all cheery.

"Ha! And you think whatever you have in mind for today will be enough to keep my mind off Patrick?" I said sarcastically.

"Actually, no."

"What do you mean, no?" I questionned.

"I actually want you to think about him," she said.

"Huh? How is that gonna help me in any way?"

"You love him, right?" She said, I sadly nodded. "Ok so I thought of it..."

"...no! I won't talk to him, he's the one who should call me!" I interrupted.

"Will you let me finish!? I have a plan, it's fool proof," she said.

I just shook my head in dispear. "I'm sure it's a disaster waiting to happen, but go on and tell me," I said in a sigh.

"Ok, so you'll wait for him to call you today, and then when he begs you to come back you tell him you won't until he takes a paternity test. That's when the baby will be proven to not be his and you guys will live happily ever after."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope, totally serious," she said looking at me straight in the eyes, she really was serious.

"1-How do you know he will call me? And 2- How do you know it's not his son?" I asked.

"1-He's Patrick. 2- I have a feeling..."

"Amazing, we're working with killer Russian instincts here..." I mumbled.

Obviously, just to prove her right, my phone rang and it was Patrick. Tatianna saw the look on my face and knew I wasn't gonna answer so she took the phone, answered the call, stuck the phone to my ear and left the room.

"Hey honey, I was so worried about you, where did you sleep last night? I miss you!"

"I slept at Tatianna's." I spat coldly.

"Oh I see, and are you comming home soon?"

"I don't know Patrick, are you gonna have enough time for me between changing diapers and playing with you son?"

"Kayleigh, don't talk like that, please. You don't love me anymore because I have a son?"

At the word love I lost it and started crying. "No! I do love you, Patrick, more than anything but ugh, did you even think a second that he might not be your son?" I choked through sobs. " I want to come back home but I can't until you take a paternity test. Just know that wether he's your son or not, I'll love you, but I just want to know, ok?"
♠ ♠ ♠
FEEDBACK IS AMAZING. It breaks my heart when people read the story and don't let me know what they think!

COMMENT / MESSAGE / SUBSCRIBE