Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

I Still Need You Here With Me

"So are you gonna come home today?" Patrick begged through the phone.

"I don't think so," I spat.

"But baby, I miss you..."

"And' I've asked you to take a paternity test three days ago and you still haven't done it!" I cried in the phone.

"I asked her! But she refuses to take the baby to the clinic!" He said, just as heartbroken as I was.

"Well that kinda gives it away no? He's not your son!"

"Kayleigh you can't just assume that without evidence! Anna wouldn't do that!"

"Sure she wouldn't, Patrick. Just call your lawyer and tell her she won't get a penny from you unless he's proven to be yours. It's not hard! It's a technicality!"

There was a long silence, I heard him sigh and could just imagine him scratching his head while thinking about this whole thing.Gosh I missed him.

"Alright I will. I'll call my lawyer later."

"Thank you."

"Now will you come home? Please? I miss you like crazy, this new house is so big and empty without you," I heard him sob.

"I'll think about it."

"I love you," he sniffled.

"I love you too, bye."

I hung up and just sat on the couch thinking about what I had to do, and that's when it hit me right in the face: I was giving Anna exactly what she wanted! She wanted to break us appart. Yeah she could have been there for the money but if she really wanted Patrick's money she would have showed up earlier! He's not exactly hard to find.

How odd is it that she showed up only days after our engagement was made public? She was jealous that Patrick loved me like he never loved her.

So that meant I had to step on my pride and go back to Patrick. I had been such an idiot actiing like I was the victim and the one who needed to be pitied when Patrick was there with all the pressure of maybe being a father. He was the one who needed support.

***

I walked up the stairs to our house. I was about to open the door but I stopped, I didn't want to just walk in, after being gone for so long. Then I wanted to ring the doorbell, but I found ringing the doorbell to my own house was kind of lame... so I picked up my phone and dialed Patrick's number.

"Hey, is there something wrong?"

"No, I just wanted to hear your voice." I said smiling to myself.

"Oh uh well, hey..." He was caught off guard, that was so cute. "I have good news," he said.

"Go on!"

"She spoke to my lawyer and agreed to the paternity test. I just got back from the clinic and we'll have the results in two weeks."

"Hmm that's good I guess..."

"So will you come back home now?"

"I don't know Patrick..."

"...please Kayleigh, I can't take it anymore! I miss you so much, I'm going insane without you!" He interrupted me.

"Well I got my phone in one hand and my suitcase in the other, how do you expect me to open the door?" I said in a giggle.

"You? What?"

"Open the door silly!"

Half a second later, Patrick's body collided with mine. "I missed you so much," he said while softly kissing my forehead and leading me inside the house. He took me to our room and made me lay down on the bed. He layed down next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't leave me again like that, ever again," he wispered his eyes gazing into mine.

"I promise I won't."

***

Two weeks later, was the day. Patrick had been up since 6:00AM pacing around the house, waiting for his lawyer to call as soon as the results would be in.

At around 8:00 I heard the phone ring, I knew it was the phonecall, so I got up and went downstairs, I could hear Patrick talking in the kitchen.

My heart was beating a 100 miles an hour, as much as had been waiting for this moment, I was terrified to hear it.
♠ ♠ ♠
yup, chapter ends here ;)

comments are love
xoxo