Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

Let The Words Echo In My Mind

I was standing in the kitchen doorway, affraid to take a step, or to even take a breath.

"Yes, uh huh, I understand, we'll discuss that with her lawyer, right, well it's good to finally know, alright I'll talk to you on Tuesday, thank you, bye," Patrick said as he hung up the phone his back still turned to me, he had no idea I was there, and I was damn to petrified to move.

Patrick walked up to the patio door and leaned on the frame and he was gazing outside. I heard him sigh, big time. My heart stopped, I started crying. I was fighting the tears and trying to stay quiet, which ended in me sounding like I was choking. At that sound Patrick turned around.

"Kayleigh? Kayleigh why are you crying?" He said as he walked towards me and wraped his arms around me. I couldn't answer, as the thought of him having a baby with this woman I hated just sounded like pure torture. I didn't mind the fact he had a kid who wasn't from me... well I guess, it was just the shock that was making me react like this.

"So...so that's...it? You're a dad now?" I asked my head burried in his shoulder. He chuckled, and pulled me away gently so our eyes could meet.

"Where did you get that from, hun?"

"I... I heard you on the phone, just before...and..." I tried saying.

"...and?" He asked.

"I don't know... are... are you?"

"Nope!" He said while trying to confort me by drawing a smile across his lips. I think I almost fainted, five seconds earlier I was convinced he was a dad and now he isn't!

"Oh!" I let out, crying once again, I tear up for anything and nothing. "I'm so sorry," I said laughing. "Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't want you to have kids, it's just that I really..." I stopped.

"Really what?" He asked.

"I really wanted you to have... well us... to have kids... without help of anyone?" What I was trying to say was that I wanted him to have kids with me and me to have kids with him, kinda selfish, I know but I'm a woman, I'm allowed that kind of crap.

"It's ok Kay, I know what you mean, we'll have all the babies you want," he laughed, I smiled.

"I wouldn't have dumped you if he had been yours, but I would have been a bit...dissapointed I guess."

"Well, I'm a bit dissapointed, but really just a tiny, infinite, minuscule bit," Patrick said, looking down.

"Are you saying you want kids, like, now?" I asked pulling myself down playfully to meet his eyes.

"Now? Why not!" Patrick said as he kissed me and pushed me against the wall. All I could do was moan.

***

"Why do you have to go?" Patrick whinned.

"Because you asked me to marry you and I said yes, but I've been told that I can't just wear jeans and t shirt to my wedding, so I have to go shop for a nice princess dress for my magical day!" I said getting up and kissing him softly on the cheek.

"Just stayyy," he cried. I just laughed.

"Patrick, you're being ridiculous, you know what they say about pre marital sex!" I joked.

"Hmm no acutally, I don't!"

"Too much is just like not enough, and once we'll be married it's just gonna get boring!" I said sticking my tongue out.

"Boring! No, not with you, that's impossible my love," he said kissing my neck.

"The wedding is in a month, I'm going dress shopping and that's it! Go call Joe and Andy, since their girlfriends are comming with me, they'll keep you entertained while I'm gone." I said getting up and getting dressed.

I kissed Patrick goodbye to go meet the girls and he was still pretending to pout, how cute. Take away something he likes to any man and he'll react like a four yeald-old.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! short one, yes but it had been hanging for wayyy too long! I'm not even sure letting a story hang for that long is legal in the state of Nevada ha.

comments are love!
xoxo