Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

Party Like a Rockstar

"Ask her!" I could hear Pete talking to Patrick. I guess they thought I couldn't hear them.

"No ... I ... I can't."

"oh well I'll be a man if you can't be one!" What the hell can Pete be talking about?

"Kayleigh?"

"Huh? Yeah what do you want Pete? I'm almost done!" Pretending I didn't hear a thing.

"Patrick, I mean, we wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over to my place tonight, I'm having a little party to celebrate the end of our mini tour and us being back in LA and I want all of our LA friends to be here. Especially the ones from LA from Chicago. So what do you say?"OMG YAYYYYY! Wait, no I can't say that, keep some composure. "Oh I'd love to join!" I said with a huge smile across my face.

"Awesome!" Patrick finally said from behind Pete. "I can pick you up around 8 if you want?"

"Of course that would be really kind! Thank you Patrick!"

"So uhm hmm yeah see you tonight I guess."

"See you tonight!" I waived as they walked outside of the store.

It took me forever to decide what to wear. So that means I'm a normal girl, right? Ha. I ended up with a pink tube top, skinny jeans, ghetto blaster print shoes and a gold necklace. I tried to be cool and casual but still a but classy since I had no idea who was gonna be there and how we were suposed to dress.

It was almost 8 and I was looking out the window to see if Patrick's honda was anywhere close. Tatianna was sitting on the couch watching some weird reality show on tv.

"You 100% sure about going there dressed like this?"

"What do you mean?" I got so scared, did I look like sheit?

"hahaha nothing I'm just testing your self confidence. Wow you should have seen the look on your face!"

"HA. HA. very funny. You're one to talk miss I talk an hou... OH he's here!! LATER!" I grabbed my purse and flew down the stairs.

As I reached the front door, I saw Patrick waiting in front of the door.

"Hi Kayleigh!"

"Hey!" I said puling him into a hug. "Seing you twice in a day after not seing you for so long is awesome!" I smiled. He blushed.

"You look great!"

"Thank you," I giggled as he opened the door on the passenger side for me. "Thank you again, you're a real sweetheart tonight, mister"

"I try! It happens only very few times over a decade so you should feel special" huh? What kind of joke/comment is that? Guys are so weird.

"Hahaha you're weird" Was all I could answer.

We got to Pete's place. I had never been there before, his flat was hidden behind a gate and bushes, I never would have found it on my own.

"Kay!" Pete screamed as soon as we walked in. He introduced me to just about everyone that was there. Appart from Andy and Joe, they were total strangers, but from what I understand a lot of them were either in a band or worked for some record label. I heard the words "Gym Class, TAI, Cobra Starship, Decaydance and Clandestine" So many times during the night that I really couldn't tell who was who. According to Pete all I had to know was that William from TAI was a hottie, that Travis and Gabe were the life of the party and that everyone else there was my friend. Oh well good to know.

Although there were so many people there I mostly spent my time on a couch with Patrick. Come on, we hadn't seen eachother for weeks, we had so much to talk about!

Patrick had to go the bathroom so I was left alone, Pete came out of nowhere "Psst! Can I talk to you? Private?"

"Sure!" I said getting up.

He took me to one of the guests bedrooms. "So what's between you and Patrick?"

"We're what I call friends."

"Yeah sure, don't give me that. I see you guys."

"What do you mean, mister?"

"I see that every time he talks to you he's got this huge smile on his face, nothing I've ever seen when he talks to other girls. Especially this Anna girl back in Chicago."

"Who? He never mentioned her to me."

"Well technically she's his ex, because she cheated on him but then she asked him to take her back while he was over here in LA, and he said he would think about it. That was like 3 months ago and he still hasn't seen her since."

My heart kinda sunk, he could have told me that. "Ohhh I see."

"But I mean it's clear that you like him and that he likes you, what are you waiting for?!"

"With what you just said, I'm never gonna go and try something on him without being totally sure he doesn't want to be with his ex again. Let time go by and let him see his ex and then we'll see."

"Wow, that's a very rational answer. I must say, I'm impressed. You're probably the best friend he could ever find."

"Aww thanks Pete, now excuse me while I go back to your party."

"There you are! Where were you? I was looking for you for a good 15 minutes!" Patrick said pointing his finger at me.

"I know, I know, sorry. Pete wanted to talk to me."

"Really? about what?"

"Oh nothing!" I said starring at the floor and blushing.

"Was it... about ... me?"

"Hmm yeah, how do you know?"

"Because he did the same talk to me, about you."

"You mean like... the whole..."

"We like eachother a lot?"

"Yeah, that." I was RED. I could feel it.

"But he said something about your ex, we're awesome friends Patrick, we don't have to risk it..." as I said that he pulled me closer to him.

"I know that, and I know what I want," he said as he put his arms around my waist.

I looked at him in the eyes, I felt like I could stay there forever. I put my arms around his neck, and we kissed.

It felt like the most amazing/neverending kiss ever. We pulled away.

Pete walked by at the same time. Coicidence? I think not, he was probably spying on us. "Finally!" He screamed as he pat Patrick on the back and kept walking.

I didn't go home that night. I went to Patrick's. Tatianna would hate me for that. ;)