Flattery is Dead, Romance is Next

Home Sick

Tour is over!!

Wait, not it's not actually over yet, it ends today. In Chicago. I have such mixed feelings about going back there. I haven't called my parents yet, they think I'm still in LA... I don't know what to do. I'm kinda face to face with my old life and I don't know how to react.

On the bright side, the record is almost done, we just need to finish the mixing, add a little more vocals, finalize the cd cover and settle on a tittle for it and we'll be done. The guys were amazing, JT had amazing guitar skills, seriously. Tom was great on bass and on back vocals and Alex was beating those drums. They were so funny, they made me feel part of agroup band. We were even allowed to practice on stage just after the sound check before the doors opened. Patrick asked me a couple of times to go up on stage with them for a song, but I never wanted to. We weren't popular yet and I was affraid of the crowd's reaction. I had enough of being called a whore by random people for being Patrick Stump's girlfriend I wasn't quite ready for this, even though I knew this is what I wanted.

Patrick and I? Awesome as always, he was the sweetest thing ever. I couldn't wait to go back home and move in with him. Tatianna was happy for me, and didn't worry for the rent since her new assistant job would be enough to pay all of it and more ;)

So Chicago, right? I think I felt my stomach turn when I saw the waterfront from outside the bus' window.

"What's wrong baby?" Patrick asked as he sat next to me.

"Nothing," I sighed, looking down at my hands.

"Kayleigh I know you a bit better than that, what's wrong? You're sad the tour is over or scared of all the pranks the guys might pull on you?"

I laughed "No, no I'm not worried about that, it's them who should be worried." I had some evil plans for Fall Out Boy's set but I couldn't say a word now.

"So what is it then? Clearly there's something on your mind."

"Well it's just... it's the first time I come back to Chicago in over a year. I didn't tell my parents, or any of my old friends... I don't know what I should do... I like my life the way it is now." I said choking up.

He pulled me into a hug and said " It's ok baby, you don't have to call them if you don't want to, but just know that if you call them and see them or whatever it doesn't mean you're going back to what you call your old life, or that you would have to give up anything you have now."

"I know... well I guess I know..."

"I love you, hope you know that."

I giggled "With you reminding me every darn second how could I ever forget!" I said kissing him on the lips.

I had been warned that the last day of tour was bad for pranks... oh my. Someone filled Pete's shoes with whipped cream and cut the laces to shreads, it's a shame they were nice shoes! Andy's drums stool was covered in vaseline, at least he noticed before the show started. There were so much more, there guys have a collective mental age of about 4 and half I think ahaha.

My pranks were nothing compared to that. I dressed up Hemmy, Pete's dog, in a pink ballerina outfit. I drew with watersolube markers all over Joe's favorite guitar, making him believe it was permanent. I stole all of Tatianna's size 0 underwear and replaced with some XL parachute sized stuff. Out of everyone she's the one who really flipped out because she thought it was a guy who had stolen all her bras and panties. Amazing.

BUT the best part of it... although it wasn't really a prank was that Patrick had finally convinced me to go up on stage with them, for Sugar, but hadn't told the guys. That was his prank. I know... how geeky, but so cute, right?

There was still a good four hours before the show and Patrick was off doing some interview in a lounge somewhere, I didn't really know where he was, I was just bored on the bus. I took a deep breath and dialed the number to myhouse.

"Hi mom, it's me Kayleigh, guess what! I'm in Chicago right now."

She was in a bit of shock when she asked about how school was going and I said I had dropped out, but she seemed strangely happy to hear about my story with Patrick and with music and me being in a band and recording an album.

It was a relief. I was so scared she wouldn't approve because that's not what typical 21 year-olds do, not in my family anyways. She asked me to come over to say hi, since I hadn't seen her in a long time.

Four hours before the first band goes on, I have enough time.

I called a taxi, and left without telling Patrick, I'd call him later, I knew he was busy now.

When I got to my house, I noticed it hadn't change one bit since I had left. Then it hit me how much I had missed home.

My mom opened the door and hugged me while crying. I never knew she would miss me so much, it made me feel bad for leaving. We talked a lot, until my dad got home. I was scared of how he would react, but he reacted the say way mom did. I guessed they missed me so much they would forgive me for anything at this point. I felt home again.

I looked at the time too notice I had already been there for almost 3 hours and that the show was about to start! I checked my phone to see 3 missed calls, all from Patrick. Shit!

I left in a hurry, promising I would come back soon or call. My heart kinda sunk when I left thouh, part of me felt like I was the worst daughter possible, the other part felt like I was a grown up and it was time to fly out of the nest.

I was in such a weird mood when I got back the venue. I went backstage and went on stage for Sugar when Patrick called me on. The guys laughed at me, the crowd had no idea it was Patrick's girlfriend singing... it was fun, but as soon I finished the song, I ran off the stage, to the bus and locked myself up in the bedroom.

"Baby, are you in there"

I didn't answer.

"You were amazing, did you hear that? The kids loved it! Now let me in, please?"

I didn't say a word, but got up, unlocked the door and sat back down on the bed. Patrick walked in, closed the door and sat down besides me.

"Tour is over!! We're gonna move in together! Aren't you happy?" Patrick said with a huge smile across his face.

"I... I don't know... "

"Don't know what?"

"If... I can do this... not just moving in with you, but being with you, being in a band, being on tour, being exposed to the public eye like this." I blurted out as I started crying.

"You're just in a bit of shock because you haven't been home for a while that's all." He said wiping the tears of my face.

"No... it's not that... I don't know Patrick... I just can't it's too much for me, it's not you, it's me." I said not looking at him getting up grabbing my bag I had already packed and walking off the bus before Patrick could say a word.

Everyone watched me get on a cab and leave, no one said a word to me as they saw heavy tears rolling down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I still have 5 more chapters writen in advance for this one!