Status: a bit of a writer's block

Wounds That Will Not Heal

My mum was holding my hand and I kept squeezing it tighter and tighter. I was five years old and it was my first day of kindergarten. My mum was as nervous as I was. She was worried that the kindergarten teachers won't stand me and that the kids are gonna avoid me because I was a hyper kid.

Mum opened the door and one of the teachers greeted us. "Hello, my name is Alyssa. I'm one of the teachers." She was one of those teachers who was extremely nice in front of parents but as horrible as hell when she was only with kids. I couldn't stand her since the minute I met her.

Mum talked to her for a few minutes more, arranged everything and put my things in my locker. When she hugged me ten times and kissed me she finally left. When she walked out of the door the teachers fake smile disappeared. "Get inside, I'll introduce you to the other kids." She pushed me trough the door and other kids turned to us. "Kids, this is Laura, she is new here. Laura you can play with some toys before we have our breakfast." Oh, there's the fake smile again.

I went to take the Lego's. I wasn't one of those girly girls that played only with Barbies and ponies, I liked Lego's more. When I reached over to grab one of the Lego's I felt someone push me and I hit the floor really hard. I saw a big boy standing next to me. "What was that for?" I asked him.
"The Lego's are mine!" He yelled. I guess that was some spoiled rich kid that thought that he owned the place. It turned out that was right.
"Bud stop it!" I saw a little blonde girl with pig tails push him lightly.
"What are you gonna do about it?" He got in her face.
She smirked and started to scream. I covered my ears.
One of the teachers came in the room and took Bud by his forearm. "Bud go in the corner!" She ordered him and then she left the room again.
I got up. "Thank you." I hugged her.
She chucked. "No problem. I'm Johanna by the way." She smiled.
"I'm Laura." I smiled back. "Hey, do you want to play with me?" I asked.
"Yes!"


That was the day I met Johanna. That was also the day I met my best friend for life.