Status: a bit of a writer's block

Wounds That Will Not Heal

Promises

"JoJo!" I ran to her bed and pulled her in a bear hug.
She started laughing. "Laura I'm okay." I pulled back and looked at her. "Really." She insisted.
I smiled.

I admire her strength. I always have. She is a very emotional person and you can easily make her tear up but she will never shed a tear in front of a person, not even me. But that's not how it's supposed to be. She needs to be able to cry and smile whenever she wants and I will make sure that happens.

"Did the doctor tell you..."
"Yea, he did." I felt my eyes watter. I shifted my gaze to the floor but then I remembered I need to be strong. For both of us. I looked up and forced a smile. "But everything will be okay. I promise."
"No." She said. "Don't promise me. You know you're bad at promises." She giggled. "Very baaad." When she saw my childish pout she started to giggle even more. "Like horrible."
"Okay I got it!" I stopped her.
"Sorry." She said. "I just wanted to point out that you are very, very, very bad at promises."
"I'm not that bad." I noted.
"No, no you're not." She sighed. "You just never promise things you know you can't keep."
"Exactly."
"But why did you promise now? You know there is a possibility that I will die. I don't want you to lie and promise me when you know you might not be able to keep it."
"There is a constant possibility that you will die. I'm not sick right now but it doesn't mean I won't or couldn't die at this very second!"
"But I am sick."
"Listen to me." I said firmly. "You will not die. We will fight this. I will be there with you as you have been with me all this time! And fine, I won't promise that you won't die but I will promise
that I will be here trough every step of the way." I smiled

"Thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated finally!! *dances around*
What do you think? Don't be a silent reader!! :)
Questions,suggestions and constructive criticism is very very welcome and appreciated!
Oh, and this chapter goes to my very special Mibba friend, that keeps on reading my stories no matter how shitty they are :'] Molly thanks so much! ♥
Peace and Love,
Angie ♥