Status: a bit of a writer's block

Wounds That Will Not Heal

Bittersweet

I was getting bored just sitting here and nervously tapping my foot on the floor while waiting for Jo's tests finish. I just hope they have some news this time. The doctors keep repeating that there's no news, not an improvement or a deterioration. It's driving us all to the edge.

I can't take the sound of my foot tapping anymore or even hearing my own thoughts so I get up and decide to stroll around the hospital for while, just until Jo's tests are done. I was randomly roaming around different hallways and staircases. I wasn't surprised that my final destination was the cafeteria, I am a passioned eater after all. I giggled a bit at myself. I think I did this on purpose somehow.

I enter the big room and head to the food aisle. I take the stuff I want and get in the line to pay. I was caught by surprise when I heard a familiar voice behind me say hello. I turn around and spot Matt's smiling figure. I haven't seen him since that day on the staircase.
"Hi!" I smile.
"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in awhile." He says, smiling. The feeling in my stomach was back.
"I was here, mostly. You?"
"Me too."

We pay our meals and head to a random table.
"How's your friend." He asks daringly.
"Well she feels okay, but the doctors are not saying anything." My smile starts fading.
"Don't worry, the doctors here tend to do that. I'll bet she's great." He smiles sympathetically.
I smile back.
"And how's your brother?"
"Better actually, thanks."
"I'm glad to hear that."

A comfortable silence fells over us as we eat. When we finished Matt started talking.
"I really had a good time with you when we were talking in the staircase."
I nod. "Me too."
"You know you were the first person I told why was I really here in US." He admits looking at the table.
"Really? Why?"
"Because it felt like I can tell you everything. I know it's completely weird but it's how I feel."
"I actually feel that way too." I admit shyly.

"You do?" He looked surprised.
I nod. "Then how would you feel if I asked you out some times?" He asks with a smirk.
"I would say yes." I smile.
"Great." He pulls out his phone and gives it to me. I write my number and save it.
He does the same with my phone.

"I need to go now." I get up.
"It was nice seeing you again." He says with a smile.
"You too." I turn around to leave but I remember something.

"Matt-" He looks up at me. "Thank you. I mean for that night at the staircase."
He smiles a little. "No problem."

I hurried back to Jo's room to tell her about my rencounter with Matt. I already told her about first encounter with him. I got to the room all excited but my happiness was cut by everyones expressions in the room. Jo's mum was crying, Jo looked really sad, the doctors looked apologetic.
"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.
"I have to go to surgery. The cancer has grown and they need to take it out so it doesn't spread even more." Jo's voice was shaky.
I run to her and hug her tight.
"It's going to be fine. Okay?" With that I was assuring me and her. She nods and a tear escapes her eyes. I tighten my grip.

I look at the doctor. "What about chemo?"
"It wouldn't help as fast as it is needed." He says sadly. "The surgery is the only option."
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy and then sad..:/
I really hope you like it..please comment :)
Angie<3