Status: Hiatus

Wednesdays

Pretty Persistence

It would be a lie to say I couldn’t remember his name, and it would also be a lie to say that ever since we had met I hadn’t noticed the way he lingered around me every lunch, although I avoided going outside in case I ended up alone with him again. I wasn’t scared of him, by no means, I was cautious of his interest. His interest in me.

It wasn’t creepy, just a little odd. I was used to people coming right up to me and asking me If I wanted a coffee, or something like that. I was even used to the slipped side-glances, but this...this lingering was doing my head in. He was stuck on my brain, making me restless. I didn’t like the feeling. I like my calm, my coffee, my cigarettes, and my canvas. I guess it was the fact that he was so much prettier than everyone else. Not handsome, not striking, just pretty. Feminine. I didn’t see how I didn’t notice the first time I met him.

His eyes; they were large and curved slightly downwards at the end, big, curvy teardrops of river blue. His cheekbones; they were prominent and perfectly fitted in with the slant of his cheeks and ending slant of his nose. Lips; god his lips, they were plump, and well...curvy like everything else about him. His chin; it wasn’t large and square, I guess that’s what made him so feminine, it curved lightly into an elegant heart shape. The final effect was the cute angelically angled nose and unmarked, glowing crème skin. His eyes weren’t the only thing that were curvy; his body. He had that one thing that I absolutely love; it’s like a fetish, hip bones and collar bones. Everyone has them, but not the way I like them, I like them clear and prominent. Like Lewis’s. His flat stomach put emphasis on the masterpiece of his curves, which in turn gently moulded into skinny, defined legs. Legs.

This boy had everything I went mad for. And damn did he show it off. Skinny jeans, v-necks, tight tops, and he even wore make-up. Which just made everything better worse for me. I wasn’t a sexual person, not at all. I was calm and collected, cool and slick. But his pretty persistence had really got my attention.

I hummed lightly to myself and leant my hip against the side of the counter, barely feeling the side dig lightly into my bones. If I wasn’t so fat, I would be able to feel that I closed my eyes and clenched the side. You’re at work, get a grip.

“Kristian?”

His voice, it still reminded me of water running over smooth pebbles, trickling through the rounded gaps.

“What are you doing in here?” I opened my eyes in a flash, and looked towards Lewis, forcing a look of curiosity onto my features. He hesitated.

“All the other photographers do is play with their cameras, and all the models are girls...?” He muttered, scratching the back of his head, and looking up at me with a hopeful look, as if he was asking me a question.

To be honest, it was a good answer. It made a lot of logical sense, and could be nothing but the truth. In fact; it was almost the perfect answer to a simple 6 letter question. But since it had been Lewis that had come up with this answer, I merely hummed and looked up at the developing photographs pinned to a red wire, in effect shrugging off his answer.

“What’re you doing?” He asked his voice closer than before. I gestured carefully to the strung up photos, like the answer was obvious. It would be; to any fellow photographer, or anyone who had ever shown a mild interest in photography.

“No, I mean, what’re you doing in here? I know you don’t have to watch the developing photographs...”

Truth be told, I was trying to avoid him. Staying in here all lunch had looked like a good move, but this was the first time I tried it and he’d found me already. Not a good decision, then.

“It’s cold outside” That, at least, was true.

“Lunch hall?”

“Sounds like a nursery parade” He raised an eyebrow.

“I like it here” He ‘hmm’ed and did that nail-bitingly long look up and down my body thing he only did when I was looking his way. What also would be a lie is if I said I didn’t like it. His gaze put me at unease and I shifted from foot to foot subtly, biting down on my lip and clutching onto the side behind me. He paused when his eyes met my face, and he licked his lips. It was a fast, possibly unintentional action that caused my knuckles to go white with the force I was pushing on them.

“Don’t bite your lip”

“What?”

“Don’t bite your lip”

I obliged curiously, feeling my skin slowly settle into its normal position on my lips.

“Why?”

There was a silence, it wasn’t awkward, or maybe I just wasn’t observing it as awkward, but it didn’t feel uncomfortable. On the contrary I was quite happy to stand there for a while longer, focusing my eyes on some place near his head while his eyes drifted around the room in a thoughtful trance.

“Do you fancy a coffee sometime?”

“Sure”

“What’s your number?” He slid his phone out and I took it into my hand, leafing through the menu and to his contacts, adding myself in and trying not to peek at anyone else on his contact list. But it was hard not to notice the name directly above mine with a heart drawn next to it: Kyle<3

I handed him his phone back and rested my hips once more against the counter behind me.

“I’ll call you tonight?”

“Alright”

He left the room, a very noticeable satisfied expression lingering across his pretty face.

Well,
My routine wasn’t going to like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who has commented,
it means a lot <3

Keep commenting? ;]
And subscribing? ;]

Thanks all <3