The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

001

Image

The adrenaline was coursing through my veins as I ran through the crowd of the busy casino. I smiled knowing Derek was following close behind. Scanning the area around me, I regretfully saw that I was surrounded.

"Lucy, why do you always run?" I heard behind me.

I turned around and smirked at Derek, "Because, I'm always up for a good chase."

Leo, the head honcho in charge of The Golden Palace, forced me, really, to take a vacation. Apparently I had too many vacation days added up. But, before he could decline, I grabbed another client's file and took off promising that this would be my last one.

And, this was as far as I got, surrounded by Derek's lackeys and near the bar. You may not notice them through the large crowd as they blend in, but to me they were completely visible.

Derek smirked, but grinned wider when he saw the file in my hands. "Alright, if anyone wants the black labeled file, it's up for grabs. Or, we could let Lucy have her way because I'm not going to protest this time." He radioed out.

I groaned looking at the manila folder. The black sticker on the file meant you hosted a band. Not only at the casino, but while they were performing as well.

Usually, this would be a rookie's job, but I had to be an idiot and grab it. Hosting bands and the club was fun, but realistically, you weren't tipped well and bands were a lot of work. I was better with the VIP clients; I knew how to manage the whales.

"You set me up." My jaw dropped in shock. Derek snickered at me. I pouted at one of the many cameras in the area, knowing Leo would be watching.

Derek laughed obviously being told something through his headset. "Leo says that this is your 'punishment' for not listening and you still have to take that vacation after this week."

I childishly stomped my stiletto heel, flipping my hair over my shoulder, and stalked off. Tom, a waiter came by and bumped into me, probably ordered by one of the guys for their entertainment, causing me to drop the file and fall into someone.

When I was able to get my balance, I looked up and smiled smothering the person into a big hug, "Danny!"

"What the fuck?" He grinned smiling back realizing who his attacker was. "Well, well Looney Lucy."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back. "I hate that name. So are you here for pleasure or business?"

"Business." He smirked proud of his position body guarding for the band, Avenged Sevenfold.

"I haven't seen you in a long time, Danny." I smiled softly.

He frowned, "I know, I-"

"Yo Danny; I feel like I'm doing your job." Upon the interruption, I remembered the file I dropped. Kneeling down, I began to shuffle the papers and place them in the folder. "Seems like you're a fan." Synyster Gates bent down, aiding me, picking up the photos that spilt out.

Danny started laughing. "You were given a rookie's job?" I gently took the photos from one of my newly found clients and stood up, scowling briefly at Danny. "What did you do?"

I looked away and groaned frustrated. "Nothing."

"Liar." Anthony, Derek's right hand man and head of security, said passing by in a singsong voice before disappearing into the crowd.

"Traitor," I called after him. I sighed and turned to the two men. "Leo is making me take a vacation."

Danny laughed, "Let me guess, that doesn't work into Miss Looney's workaholic schedule?"

"How could you guess?" I snapped sarcastically. "So they tricked me knowing how I would react, into hosting the band."

"That would be us, wouldn't it?" The guitarist interrupted, watching the tiny banter between Danny and myself.

I held out my hand, which he gladly took, grasping it in his large right hand confidently. "Lucy Woods. I will be your casino host. Welcome to The Golden Palace." I smiled charmingly.

"Brian." He smiled. Danny shot him a weird look and rolled his eyes.

Turning back to me, Danny laughed and slung his arm over my shoulder causing me to release contact with Brian's hand. "Damn Luce, they got you good."

Brian frowned at the loss of contact as jealousy flickered across his eyes.

I sighed, "Yeah they did. So, if you guys would like, I can give you a tour of the place while I brush up on your file or you could wait for the rest of the band?"

They opted for now. My breath caught in my throat as Brian looked over my shoulder. "So what is in this file besides a photo of me?"

I smiled, and turned to face him, my lips briefly brushing his cheek. I turned my attention to the file slightly flushed at the close proximity between us. "Well your basic bio, likes and dislikes."

"Well that seems unfair. You know all about me, but I do not know a thing about you Miss Woods." His breath tickled my neck.

I smirked. "And that is the way it'll stay, Mr. Haner." I took them quickly through the bar, the restaurant, casino, and a few other main areas of The Golden Palace before leading them to the large ballroom where the band would be playing.

There, the rest of the band was spread out laying on the stage, throwing back a few. Brian gave me a smile before jumping on the stage and joining his friends.

"So, where are you going to go?" I vaguely heard Danny's voice.

"Hmm?" I responded not really paying attention to him, but more along the lines of the man that stole my breath away a moment ago.

He grinned following my eyes, "Vacation?"

"Oh," I blushed at being caught, tucking some hair behind my ear out of nervousness. "Going home, I suppose. I miss living on the beach. I'm going to sunbath; relax. I've had enough partying in Sin City to satisfy me for a while. I just want to chill since I'm forced to."

"Good for you. You need a fucking break." Danny smiled and hugged me. He looked over my shoulder seeing he had received a nasty look from Gates and smirked perking his eyebrows, knowing he had gotten a reaction.

"Lucy." I heard a gruff voice calling me. I pulled away from Danny and looked over to see Derek in the shadows. He nodded his head to the side where I saw Leo waiting for me.

"I'll be back in a minute, Danny." I smiled meekly and headed over to Leo.

Leo held out his hand, which I placed the file in. "You should listen to me more. I do know a thing or two you know."

I sighed. "I know, I just-"

"Don't feed me bullshit, Lucy." He smirked knowing me too well. "Just go do your job, kid."

I sighed and nodded my head. Leo was like a father figure to me. He always looked after me and made sure I was safe; he did that for all his employees, really. But, his word was always the final word and you never question it, let alone think about going against it.

I smiled looking at Derek and pouted looking at Leo, "Leo, Derek had Anthony tripped me."

"Snitch." Derek rolled his eyes and me. "Hey!" He nursed his head where Leo slapped him upside it.

I grinned my thanks and moseyed on over back to Danny a whole lot happier. "Well, now to introduce myself to the rest of them."

Danny grabbed my hand and led me to the front of the stage to Avenged Sevenfold. "Just don't let them intimidate you."

"Gentlemen," I jumped at Leo's voice right next to me. That man can come out of nowhere sometimes. "I'm providing you with my best hostess, Lucy Woods. I want her back in one piece." He warned them.

I ignored them as I felt their eyes scan me head to toe. Trying to predict what kind a person I was exactly. "Thank you Leo." I turned my head and grinned at Derek and mouthed, "I'm the best."

"Lucy." Leo cleared his throat and nodded his head toward the stage, directing my attention back to my clients. "I'll see you later, kid."

"Well, as Leo said, I'm Lucy and I will be your casino host." I smiled looking at the men before me, clad in tattoos and piercings. Intimidating? I think not. This is Las Vegas, there's probably nothing I haven't seen here.

"So what does this casino host entail?" The other guitarist, I recognized from the file, leaned over the edge of the stage and smirked.

I felt Danny tense. I pushed him a bit telling him that 'I'm a big girl, I can handle this.' I leaned up into Zacky Vengeance getting close his face, our lips practically touching, surprising him, and whispered, "An unforgettable weekend." I pulled back and winked at Brian. "So gentlemen, want to lose money, drink, or go clubbing? Partying seems like the safer option for you. Wouldn't want to burn another hole in those jeans."

"What, you don't think we'd win?" Zacky asked insulted.

"Eh, that you would have to prove to me," I smirked knowing that I was getting under his skin and leaned in once more to emphasize my point. "At the moment what I see before me, I'm not too sure you could handle it."

"And what do you see?" He asked smirking waiting for my answer.

I smirked back and couldn't resist. "Nothing but a mama's boy."

The guys laughed and pushed Zack joshing on him too. He turned and pointed at me. "Oh, I'll show you wrong."

"We'll see." I turned to Danny and smirked.

"Gotta admit Luce. I can see why you're the best." He laughed at Zacky's smacking the guys back, getting into their own little argument that I started.

"All in the art of manipulation babe." I smiled at my work.