The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

010

I rolled my mountain bike in the garage and laid the helmet on the workbench in the back. Wiping the sweat off my brow, I sighed in content from my ride through the trails.

I smiled at my work, looking around the living room. Over the last several days, I had managed to make the inside of the house looking lived in as well.

I grabbed my water bottle and went back upstairs onto the deck. I climbed on the banister and pulled myself up. I carefully climbed mansard roof and laid across its flat edge and stared at the ocean. It had been such a very long time since I stepped foot in its cool waters.

I must have dozed off because the sun was now set further west when I heard the doorbell ringing and my name being shouted. I sat up stretching before standing and walking over to the front. "What do you want?" I called down aggravated from being woken up. I rubbed my eyes and noticed a black Escalade in my driveway. My eyes traveled over towards the men climbing out of the SUV.

"Damn it Luce, you're going to fall off from up there one day." Danny shouted at me, sounding tired. "Just open the door so we can move your shit in already."

"The door's open." I laughed. "You woke me up for that?" I laughed harder hearing him grumble to himself about how careless it was to even fall asleep up on the roof and leave the door unlocked.

"Hey Lucy!" Zacky waved up at me.

"Hey." I smiled and waved back. "I'll be right down."

"Sure, you come down for him." Danny rolled his eyes as he waited for Brian to open the hatch back, grabbing the couple of bags of my stuff that they had loaded.

I sat on the edge of the roof and climbed back onto the deck. I sighed finally feeling the tiredness hit me. My foot slipped and I landed on my back with a loud thud.

"You alright up there?" I heard someone call out.

I rolled onto my stomach trying to catch my breath. "I'm just great." I mumbled sarcastically to myself. I ruffled my hair and pulled it back as I made my way downstairs. I kissed Danny on the cheek. "You know you love me."

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes.

I smiled at Zacky and the bag he was carrying in. "Hey, I thought that Leo was sending my stuff?"

Zacky shrugged. "I just do what I'm told."

I chuckled and went outside to grab another bag, knowing that I had more than just one bag that I left in Vegas. I made my way across the cobblestone pathway to the driveway where the large SUV was parked. I jumped back not expecting to see him. "Hi." I smiled shyly, at a loss for words.

"Hey." Brian smiled back. "How have you been?"

I rubbed my arms before crossing them, trying to look as calm and as casual as I could. "Busy, but a good busy I guess. Just cleaning the place up really."

"Sounds fun." He said sarcastically.

"Loads," I smirked and grabbed a bag out of the car. "Did Danny get you guys here okay?"

"We made it, if that's what you're asking." Brian chuckled. "I wasn't too sure he knew what he was talking about when we got to your road."

"Yeah, it's a little hidden." I smiled and adjusted the bag in my arms. "But, the best things generally are."

"Can't argue with that." He smiled and took two and followed me inside. "So, where do you want this stuff?"

"How about downstairs since you'll have to wash most of it anyway." Danny suggested.

"No." I said quickly and recompose myself to shake off the weird looks that they were sending me. "I haven't cleaned downstairs yet and I want to go through the bags first. Besides, it's not just clothes in the bags."

"Okay, so I'm just going to dump it here." Brian placed the bags in the hallway out of everyone's way.

"Thanks." I smiled. The truth was that I was in denial of going down there yet. There were too many memorabilia items that I was too chicken to look at. That and I didn't want them asking questions if they were to see it too.

"You have a visitor, Lucy." Zacky informed me as he set a bag with the rest in the pile.

I gave him weird look before ducking out of Brian's way. I shot him a small smile and saw Danny standing kind of tense. I walked past him outside to see what they were talking about since I had not talked to anyone that I knew in San Clemente in a while.

"Loon!" A guy with sandy hair and brown highlights ran over to me scooping me in a hug.

"Tyler!" I couldn't help but shriek when he lost his balance sending us to the ground, while my brain still processed what was happening.

"I'm going inside." Danny mumbled and pushed Brian back into the house. "Give them a moment."

"Why? Who's he?" Brian looked past his friend's shoulder envious of the bigger smile that that guy had received.

"Someone I need to help with Lucy." Danny turned back around, a small smile on his lips. "He'll make her happy."

"Are you saying I won't?" He shot back defensively.

"Brian." He chuckled. "You get too jealous, too easy." Brian glared, but backed off.

"Loon the Moon?" Tyler stood up, pulling me to my feet along with him. "You here to stay this time?"

"Yeah," I said softly.

"Great." He grinned and began pulling me around the house. "There were only small barrels, nothing too good, but you'll make do. I knew I saw you. Everyone else said I was insane. But, how else would it look so nice outside if you weren't here."

"Ty! Wait!" I interrupted his rambling and started to struggle against his grip. I wasn't ready yet.

He turned around. "What's the problem?"

"She's lost her touch." Tim growled. He looked just like Tyler. Only being the elder brother, he looked more mature and he had kept his hair a light natural brown over the years. "Why bother coming back? You'll just fail, like last time." He smirked knowing he was pushing all the right buttons. "And just run away again."

"Tim." His brother warned him and turned to me. "Just ignore him, Lucy."

"I have to go anyway." I whispered hurt, though knowing how I left everything I probably deserved what I got. "I have company over."

Tyler dropped my hand and pulled me into a quick hug. "Maybe another time."

"Let's go, Tyler." He said lowly before turning and walking across the railway tracks to go down to the beach.

I watched until I could no longer see them due to the drop after the tracks. I sighed walking back up to my house.

"What happened?" Danny asked concerned at my solemn expression. "What's wrong Luce?"

I shook my head and smiled softly. "Nothing, just some things Tim said that got me thinking."

He looked at me odd. "I thought it was Tyler out there?"

I smiled wider thinking of the greeting Tyler gave me. "No, you saw right; he was out there. I'm just still not on great terms with Tim." I bit my lip seeing Zach and Brian sitting slightly awkward with the tension I had brought into the room. "Sorry to keep you guys waiting, I have," I paused thinking what I had to eat in the house.

"Absolutely nothing." Zacky grinned. "We've checked."

"Yeah, I haven't really gotten around to the grocery story yet." I blushed, grinning sheepishly.

"What have you been living off of then?" Danny mused, leaning on the counter.

"Mac and cheese and mostly oatmeal." I played with my hair.

Zacky laughed. "Kind of sounds like the shitty diet Bri keeps me on."

"Why are you on a diet?" I laughed sitting on the loveseat adjacent to them.

"You're kidding, right?" Brian chuckled, patting his friend's tiny gut. "It jiggled when we had that concert last week."

"Aw, leave him alone." I cooed at Zachy's rosy cheeks from embarrassment. "Well, I happen to like your tummy. That, and your not the only one out of shape."

Brian groaned. "If you start talking about yourself, I will hit you."

Danny laughed. "It's true though, she lost a lot muscle in her legs. Your balance is going to be horrible."

I leaned back in the chair and crossed my legs. "Don't remind me. I'm going to fall so much." I stuck a leg out straight and rubbed it, looking at my shrunken muscles. "I mean, I love my figure, if that's what you were getting frustrated with, but for balance; it just sucks."

Brian just stared at the long leg, remembering how it felt when it was wrapped around his waist. He swallowed trying to moisten his dry mouth and cleared his throat. "Well, in that case, I forgive you."

Danny rolled his eyes, while Zachy tried his best not to burst out laughing. "You should work out with Brian. He always gets me into shape right before touring."

"That's a thought." I mused over it and smirked at him. "But, I wouldn't want to interrupt your training time."

"Trust me, he has more than enough energy to spare." Zacky rested his arms behind his head, satisfied with how he had set his friend up perfectly.

I knew first hand already how much energy Brian had. I tucked my leg back underneath me. "That's all up to Brian."

"I think I might have some time open." Brian said coolly, smirking.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm starved." Danny pushed himself off from against the counter and grabbed the cordless phone. He walked around the counter and opened the drawer with the phonebook and the takeout menus. "Pizza or Chinese?"

"Pizza." Zacky and I said at the same time, making me laugh.

"I thought you two were going to start getting into shape?" Danny laughed.

"Then, why did you offer?" I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. "Besides, there is always tomorrow. Right Zachy?"

"Tomorrow sounds perfect to me." He grinned.

"You two are horrible." Brian chuckled.

Danny hung the phone back on the charger after having placed our order. "Alright, Zachy and I will go get it. We'll get groceries for you while we're waiting so you don't starve to death. Hand over the keys, Bri." He walked over in front of him and held out his hand waiting.

Brian stared at his hand and raised an eyebrow, "Yes?"

"Hand them over Haner." Zacky chuckled standing up hiking up his jeans.

"So?" I turned my attention towards Brian after I heard the car start up and begin to turn around in the driveway. "What would you like to do now?"

That was just too easy of a question for him. There were a lot of things Brian would like to do at the moment, but he thought better of mentioning them. Instead, he just shrugged. "What do you have to drink?"

I stood up, "Let's find out."

Brian grinned and followed me into the kitchen. His eyes skimmed over my backside as I leaned in the fridge and grabbed him a Heineken and a Mike's Hard Berry for myself, enjoying how the biking shorts clung leaving little to the imagination. Though, everything was still fresh in his mind from last week.

I stood up smiling and handed him his beer. "I may not have much food in the house, but I keep the priorities in stock."

He laughed and accepted the drink. "I thank you for saving the girly one for yourself."

I scoffed, opening the back door for us to go onto the deck. "I think guys secretly dig the sweet, fruity drinks and just aren't man enough to have them in public." I laughed sitting on the two-seater patio chair, placing my feet comfortably on the ottoman. "They wait until they are in the comforts of their home, blinds shut and doors locked, to enjoy a good strawberry daiquiri, kind of like how you'd whack off."

Brian choked on his drink slightly before swallowing, and had a good laugh as he sat down comfortably next to me. "And, what makes you think I need to whack off?"

I giggled and sipped my 'girly' drink. "You read too hard into things Brian. But, if it makes you feel any better, I'll knock first so you have time to wash your hands and hide the daiquiri mix."

"I'm going to hold you to that." He chuckled.

I smiled and turned to the gorgeous view we had in front of us. The sun was just starting to sink in to the ocean depths, casting beautiful hues of oranges and purples. I sipped my drink in content, enjoying the moment of quiet.

"You still owe me a date." Brian leaned his arm over the back of the chair casually and turned to face me.

I removed my gaze from nature's painting and looking into Brian's russet eyes, smiling amused. "And what do you call the night in my room?"

"A test run." He chuckled at my offended expression. "I'm just kidding, Lucy."

"I should hope so." I huffed and melted as he ran his fingers through my hair, continuing to give me that intense look.

"I'm being serious." He said softly. "I'm going to hold you to that date too."

I noticed that there was nothing but sincerity in the tone of his voice. I bit my lip trying to find my voice, hoping that I would not regret this. "Are you free tomorrow?"

Brian broke out in the biggest smile. He shrugged and leaned back, taking a gulp of his beer as well as taking his sweet ass time in answering me. "I think it might be a good possibility."

"You're such an ass." I chuckled.

"But, that hasn't scared you away yet. So, I can only assume that it it's only a turn on for you," he said confidently.

I laughed. "I'll give you that it's entertaining. But, not a turn on."

"We'll see about that," he said smugly, on purpose. "How about lunch then tomorrow? I'll come down here for you and we'll stay in the area. You can show me around better since I never realized this was still part of Orange County."

"I think it might be a good possibility." I chuckled reusing his words. Patting his leg, I stood up to go see Danny and Zacky, who sounded like just got back.

"Oh, it's more than a possibility, babe." Brian grabbed my waist pulling onto his lap giving me a quick kiss before I could object. He smirked at my stunned face and stood us up, walking ahead leaving me behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading.
~<3~
Comments?