The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

011

I slipped on the white tank with the crochet halter in the back. I turned in the mirror smoothing the shelf bralette out in the back. I slipped the short denim skirt over my freshly shaved legs.

Ringing out the last bit of water, I brushed it through once more, letting my hair air dry. I grabbed the blue Venetian heart pendant off the counter and clasped the suede cord around my neck. I stifled a yawn as I grabbed my white canvas wedges with my newly fuchsia painted toes showing through the peep-toe.

I turned all the lights off in the bathroom and finished making my bed, tossing the decorated pillows on top, before making my way to the garage. I took the Tolly off of the shelf and set up the purple cylinder on the flat part of the driveway. Grabbing the smooth wooden board that went with it.

I turned around surprised to see a truck coming up my driveway so early. And, doubted that the old Chevy belonged to Brian; it didn't fit his personality nor his ego. I smiled at the Burmese mountain dog that hung out the window.

"Hi Paul," I smiled at the tall man that sat behind the behind the wheel. His sandy blond hair hung in his bright blue eyes.

"Don't, 'Hey Paul.' Give some love to me first!" Sammy jumped out of the bed of the truck, wrapping her arms around me in a big hug. Her big curly hair matched her personality. "I didn't believe Tyler when he said he actually talked to you yesterday." She chuckled releasing me from the hug.

"Yeah, I saw him and Tim yesterday when they were on their way down to the beach." I smiled.

She gave me a look that she wanted more out of me later. "So where are you going all dressed up?" Paul asked as he put the car officially in park and killed the engine.

I looked down at my attire, blushing. "On a date in a little while."

"Aw," she cooed. "My baby girl is growing up!"

I rolled my eyes and stood on the Tolly trying to keep my balance as I rolled the board back and forth.

"Leave her alone, Sammy." Paul defended me, opening the door and climbed down quickly so Bear wouldn't run him over as he toppled out of the truck.

He came bounding over to me. I laughed as I was knocked over and fell to the grass. "And, here I thought you would have never remembered me." I scratched behind his ears and ruffled his fur playfully.

Sammy frowned. "You're talking like you’ve been gone for centuries."

"It feels like it." I shrugged, trying to keep my emotions indifferent.

"Don't think that way," she smiled. "Well, my love," she pulled me to my feet and rubbed my back affectionately. "I am off to stoke the world. Somebody has to do it. Besides, Paul probably wants you to himself for a bit. You can look babe, but no touchy."

I laughed and made a look of disgust. "Don't worry; I would never dream of it."

"Hey," Paul whined. "What's so bad about me?"

"Nothing, baby." She kissed his lips quickly and grabbed her board out of the back as well as her wet suit. "I will see you later." Sammy grinned, pointing her finger at me.

Paul leaned on the hood of the truck watching her go down my back steps and across the train track. I smiled at the loving look that adorned his face, as he made sure she crossed safely. I nudged my hip against his, "So?"

He smiled to himself before facing me. "So?" He chuckled and ran his fingers through his long locks. "I went out looking for rings the other day." He blushed, fiddling with a bar of wax that he had taken out of his pocket. I resisted cooing at him knowing that it would kill his ego and then I would get nothing out of him.

"How did that go?" I asked standing back on the Tolly. I looked at the wooden board briefly hoping that it would miraculously build the muscles in my quads overnight.

"Eh, I couldn't find the right one." He bent down petting Bear's fur. He looked up at me and I could see all the worry in his eyes. "Do you think she will say yes?"

"Oh, honey." I hopped off the board and hugged him briefly. "You guys have been together as long as I can remember; it's about time you two tied the knot."

"Alright, then I'll need your help." He smiled.

I nodded enthusiastically. "Of course."

He laughed and jiggled my thighs. "What happened here?"

I slapped his hands away and sent him a dirty look, fixing my skirt. "Leave the love handles alone." I crossed my arms and climbed on the Tolly again. "My muscles just went into hiding, that's all. You've gone and scared them away."

Paul rolled his eyes. "You're going fall so much. Speaking of which, when are you going to come back with the crew?" I shrugged, focusing on my balance. "You can't hide forever, Lucy. This is your gift; don't waist that."

"I'm trying. I just need to get adjusted to my surroundings again." I said meekly.

"Don't worry, you have nothing to prove, Luce. Take your time; just not forever." He smiled.

"Thanks." I sighed, relieved that someone wasn't pressing me to jump right back into my old routine. I lifted my head hearing another care pull up. I smiled softly noticing the black SUV from yesterday.

Paul turned around noticing that something had caught my attention. "This him?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"What are you guys going to do?" He leaned against the car, chuckling as Bear started barking like crazy.

"Just lunch and the CFM; I need to buy some good food for the house. Since what ever Danny got me yesterday will probably be gone by the time I get back, especially with your appetite." I grinned cheekily.

"Well, I hope you have fun." He chuckled. "And, just so you know, I'm leaving my car here so it doesn't get ripped-off."

"When don't you Paul." I laughed. "You know where the key is if you need anything. And, leave Bear here if you need to too."

Paul lifted me off of the board squeezing me until you heard my back crack and I screamed out the last of the air in my lungs. When he placed me safely on my feet, I placed a hand on my ribs seeing if they were still there as I tried to catch my breath. "It's going to be just like old times again. Only we'll need one of your party's and the hot tub needs to be opened."

I smacked him upside. "Go to Sammy."

"You don't love me anymore?" He pouted as I shook my head. "Or, are you embarrassed by me?"

"Both." I teased. I looked past him seeing Bear jump on Brian, who amazingly kept his balance and began petting him. He looked up, sunglasses hiding his eyes, and smiled at me with a small wave. I smiled and waved, returning the gesture. He looked good wearing simply a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt.

Paul laughed, making a comment at the model of the car. "It's a sign, Luce. You were almost sponsored with Cadillac before you left."

"It is not. This is just a friendly date." I frowned at him as he coughed sarcastically. "Besides, Cadillac's aren't the only car GM makes."

"Have her home by midnight." Paul called over to Brian. He giggled childishly. "I've always wanted to say that. God knows I've heard it enough."

I rolled my eyes. "Go, make sure Sammy doesn't drown herself, stoking the world."

"Not yet." He smiled slyly at me and stuck his hand out for Brian. "Paul."

"Brian," he returned the handshake and smirked. "And, I'll try for midnight, but I make no promises."

"That's all I ask for." Paul chuckled and pulled me in a hug, kissing my cheek sloppily. "Have fun, babe. Nice meeting you."

Brian nodded. "Same here."

I rolled my eyes, smiling and turned to Brian. "Right on time, huh?"

"Are you that surprised?" He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

"I am." I answered honestly as I picked up the Tolly. I ignored him as he tilted his head slightly, checking me out. I put it back in the shelf where I took it from before. "We'll take my Jeep so make sure your car is locked. I don't know if you heard Paul, but rip-offs happen all the time at Cottons, though it's mostly up top at the parking lot."

Brian took his keys out of his pocket and simply pushed the button. "Anything else?"

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled. "Not at the moment, sunshine." I climbed up in my yellow Jeep Wrangler, with ridiculously large tires for off-roading. I saw Brian follow suit and turned in the back seat to make sure I had my clutch and jean jacket, since it was still on the cooler side.

"Sunshine." Brian repeated to himself. "You wrote on my face!"

I giggled remember that I had indeed done what he was accusing me of. "I did." I answered not denying it.

"I'm not going to let that go, you know?" He threatened.

"Sure." I laughed, not believing him. I started the car, Lie immediately came blasting out of the speakers. I bit my lip and hurriedly turned it off. "Sorry, I forget I left that on."

I blushed as Brian just looked at me curiously. "You know who Dream Theater is?" He asked stunned to hear what he assumed was their album, Awake.

"Of course," I shrugged and began to back out the garage, careful not to hit either of Paul or Brian's cars. I smiled as he turned the stereo back on almost as loud as I had it.

"But, you actually like them?" He questioned further to challenge any doubts.

I pushed the button on the controller to shut the garage and continued backing down the driveway. "No, I'm listening to them because I hate them." I rolled my eyes.

"Nice." He nodded in approval, ignoring my sarcastic remark. "What else?"

I laughed turning to go up the private, deserted road. "What else, what?"

"Music wise?" Brian asked now eager to learn more about me than on a lustful level.

I leaned over and popped open the visor on his side and pulled off the CD box, handing it to him. "Before you get fixated, is there anything specific that you want to eat or do?"

"You're the one who invited me." He grinned, giving me a hard time.

I returned his grin and reminded him, "You were the one who wanted this date."

"Honestly Lucy, I don't care. I was in traffic all morning just to come here and I'm starving." Brian took off his hat and ruffled his hair, leaving it off so it wouldn't get blown away since the top had been taken off.

"Food first it is then." I smiled and made my way onto the side roads to avoid the San Diego Freeway.

He chuckled trusting me that I knew where I destination would be and began to pull out each CD, mumbling the bands to himself. "Living Colour, Beethoven, P.O.D., Sumblime, Frank Sinatra, The Clash, Queen, Miles Davis." Brian had to laugh at the variety of genres as and wondered what were on the mix CD's that were tucked in the sleeves of the box as well.

"I hope that's a good laugh, Haner." I glanced over to see him smiling.

"It is." He assured me. "You have a crazy selection; I like that."

I blushed under his compliment, feeling somewhat proud of his approval. "That's good to know." It was a comfortable ride as I drove us downtown to Del Mar. I pulled down the avenue into a small parking lot.

"You know, I enjoy going on dates to parking lots." He said with a straight face.

I laughed. "Get out of the car." I reached in back and grabbed my purse before jumping down and locking the car.

Brian came around the car with his hat placed neatly on his head once again and linked his fingers with mine. "So, where are you taking us?"

I glanced at my hand clasped gently in his and smiled. "Avila's." I lead us up the sidewalk where the restaurant resided on the corner. "I hope you like Mexican." I smiled slyly and asked the hostess for a table for two and handed us our menus, taking our order for drinks.

"So, I know you have somewhat good taste in music, is not afraid of heights, and is into spicy foods." He rambled off the things he has learned about me so far. "Yet, you had a whole file on me. I think that you are at an unfair advantage."

"It's not like I had your whole life story in there, just a few basics. And, you could always go the old fashion way and ask."

"Alright, if that's the way you wanna play." He chuckled, looking down at his menu to decide what to eat.

He began to ask simple, random questions making me laugh at some of them.

"So did you always want to be a casino host in Vegas?" Brian asked picking up his drink, thanking the waiter for bringing our main meal.

"Actually-" I began, but was interrupted by the girl standing next to our table shyly. Her cheeks began blushing furiously when I noticed her. She was probably no older than 12. I smiled sweetly. "Hello."

"Hi." She said softly. She bit her lip briefly and looked between Brian and I. "Can I have your autograph?"

"Oh, sure kid." He smiled.

She giggled and shook her head. "Actually, I meant her."

I smiled at Brian and looked towards the girl. "Of course." I took the paper and pen that she handed me. "What's your name, sweetie?"

"Jessica." She smiled and leaned over my shoulder watching me write her name neatly. She stood back and let me finish signing the paper.

"What's your favorite color Jessica?" I asked her as I drew a crescent moon with a flower, which had made its way to be part of my signature over the years.

Jessica grinned and rocked back and forth on her feet. "Purple."

"Mine too." I smiled and finished writing my message. I sat up and handed it to her. "You know, people who love purple are supposed to believe that there are no boundaries when it comes to our dreams. And, we're unique." I winked.

She smiled shyly and looked at the note I had written. I watched as her eyes scanned over the simple words; her smile grew wider when she reached the end. "Lucy, I hope that I can be just as good as you."

"Well, Jessica. I don't." I grinned as she looked at me confused. "I hope that you are way better than me." She laughed and her cheeks grew even rosier. "Can I have a hug?"

She nodded and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you so, so much! Man, my friends aren't going to believe this." She laughed and thanked me again before leaving Brian and I back to our lunch.

I blushed under the odd and confused stare he was sending me. "What?"

"What?" He laughed. "You know what. What was that about?"

"That was nothing." I shrugged sipping some of my iced tea.

"Nothing my ass." Brian scoffed. "Is there a reason a girl asked for your autograph?"

"Why?" I laughed softly. "Jealous?"

"No." He pouted. "Maybe."

I chuckled and shrugged again. "I just helped out a bunch with the kids, coaching them over the summer. Kind of like a camp."

"Well," he paused still looking at me oddly. "Aren't you the sweetest thing?"

I grinned. "I'd like to think so." After, picking off each other's plates of the Chingolingas and Enchilada, I grabbed the book with the check.

"Come on, Lucy. Hand that over." He held out his hand waiting for me to obey.

I stuck in my debit card and quickly handed it to the waiter. "Sorry, I couldn't let you. After all, you said it earlier, I invited you."

He gave me a nasty glare, teasingly. Although impressed by the gesture, he would have rather paid for the lunch. It was an act he enjoyed to do since had made such assets from his success.

He hooked his arm with mine, following my lead after we left the restaurant. "Fine, I'll let it slide this time."

I smirked. "You seem to let a lot of things slide, Synyster."

His nose wrinkled and he tensed slightly at the sound of his stage name. He puffed his chest out proudly. "I am the Synyster fucking Gates, however I thought I told you to call me Brian."

I bit my lip to conceal my embarrassed smile and ignored the heat that had flooded my cheeks. "You may have, but you also say a lot of things that it's easy to lose track of what you have covered."

"You're such a wise ass." Brian chuckled.

I stared up into his brown eyes once more before his sunglasses covered them again. "And, you are just an ass."

"It turns you on though. You just have to admit it." He grinned. "Besides, you should feel special, everyone else has to call me Syn."

"In some odd, and very strange way I think I do." I laughed, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!!
<3333
Comments?