The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

017

I sighed as the girls finally decide to let us do a relaxation day. I had taken the opportunity to sleep in as late as I could this morning, well maybe late afternoon. Don't judge; I was a desperate woman for sleep. Ever since I picked them up from the airport we've gone shopping, whether it was for clothes or for scoping out boys. Their taste was a bit too young for me, but they enjoyed it.

I was starting to think that I had bit off more than I could chew. It wasn't like they were horrible or anything like that. I just couldn't keep up as sad as it was. I was more than happy to just relax.

I pulled on a two-piece bathing suit and lathered up on the suntan lotion. Even though my skin was naturally on the tan side, I was still a burner. I adjusted my sunglasses and let out a sigh of relief, picking up my drink. I guzzled down the neck of bottle as I walked across the hot sand, laying out my bamboo mat.

I sat the beer in the sand and scooched down, lying out on my stomach to enjoy the rays. I closed my eyes in content and shook my head hearing Tyler flirt with Chelsea. I let out a yawn prepared to let the sun lull me to sleep with the sound of the waves crashing in the distance.

I felt a shadow looming over me and groaned. It couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes that I have gotten to myself. "What now?" I whined, too tired to be a good host.

"Hi to you too." I heard the masculine voice followed by the deep chuckle.

I looked up, peaking over my sunglasses and smiled. "Hey stranger." I could see my reflection in Brian's sunglasses as he smirked

"How are you surviving?" He sat down next to me looking out on the water where the girls were trying to surf. Tyler and a few of his friends came over and figured that they would teach them.

"They have more energy than I had expected." I admitting, resting my head back on my forearms. Brian let his eyes wander across the bikini clad body, leaving little to his imagination. He smiled briefly at the tattoo that was now easily seen and wondered why that quote was chosen. "Thank God Tyler and his goons came around."

Brian chuckled at my exhaustion. "What kind of torture have they put you through?"

"Shopping!" I laughed. "I don't mind shopping, but a week of it nonstop? That's a little too much for me."

Brian laughed. "A girl that is tired of shopping? That's a new one."

I rolled my eyes and rolled onto my back. "Don't be too surprised. You probably shop more than I do."

"I doubt that," he laughed. "Think you can escape for a bit. We'll even pick up dinner on the way back if you need a valid excuse to leave."

I looked out and bit my lip, a little nervous about leaving the girls alone.

Brian saw my hesitation. "Come on. You need a break. They'll be starving when they come in. It's a win-win situation from every angle."

"Alright, you've sweet talked me into it." I stood up rubbing off the sand from the back of my legs.

Brian mirrored my actions and leaned in close. "You'd know it if I were sweet talking you, Lucy."

I blushed and grabbed my mat, rolling it up. Brian swiped my beer and finished it off. "And, how is that?"

He just smirked, "Trust me. You'll know."

I led him up the deck stairs, taking the empty bottle and tossing it into the blue recycle bin. "Let me just grab jeans and shoes."

"Take your time." Brian shrugged. I did as I said just grabbing a pair of jeans and slipping on some socks and boots before coming back downstairs. Brian smiled seeing that I didn't grab a shirt. "You should go around like that more often."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, not seeing a problem with it. I looked out the living room window and frowned not seeing the huge black SUV I have grown accustomed to seeing. "How'd you get here?"

Brian just took my hand leading me outside to where his chopper was. "I thought we could just go for a ride."

He helped me into his leader jacket and slid an open face helmet on my head. I rolled my eyes as he just turned his hat backwards and sat on the bike. I guess he thought of my protection at least.

I fastened the strap and carefully sat behind him. "Where do you plan on going?"

He shrugged, "Where ever the wind shall take us, my dear."

"Ass," I mumbled, making him laugh. I wrapped my arms across his chest and pulled myself flush against his bottom to fit comfortably. I could ignore the chills that ran through my body from being so close to him.

I kept my feet on the ground as he started the bike feeling butterflies erupt as it came to life. I squealed and held onto him tighter as he took off down my driveway faster than I had anticipated.

Brian smiled to himself enjoying the feeling of my arms wrapped securely around him. He took off of the private road and headed around the small city. Passing the small shops and parks where we had walked around before. He was going to save the beach for last when he knew the sun was going to start sinking below the horizon.

He not only wanted to make a good impression, but a lasting one. A week without any contact was killing him. Since I had offered that he could stop by anytime while the girls were here, he figured why not take that opportunity. He didn't think that the distance would bother him as much as it did, and they weren't technically in a relationship yet.

Syn was actually nervous to ask anything about diving into a relationship. He was afraid that the drunken night in Las Vegas was going to stop from anything from happening. He never really asked how I had felt about that night, if it were a mistake. Though, he just assumed that since I have agreed to go out on those few dates and all those outings, that I didn't hate him.

I smiled, secretly thrilled that Brian had surprised me today and essentially rescued me from torture. I leaned my forehead against his back and smelt his expensive cologne and smiled. I turned my head to see the different scenes blurring by.

I bit my lip to keep me from grinning too much like a mad woman when I saw the beach. I thought it was ridiculously sweet driving by as the sun was setting. It was always my favorite part of the day. I watched the deep oranges, pinks, and purples reflecting off the water in the distance.

It was nice idea to just go for a ride. I found more comfort in just driving around and enjoying the silence. There was no need for words.

You could taste the salt in the soft ocean breeze as we drove by. I was severely disappointed when he headed back towards my house. It only seemed like minutes that we had been driving around.

My legs felt slightly like Jell-O after stepping off of the bike. He put the kickstand down before getting off himself. I took the helmet off and set it on the seat. I ruffled my hair knowing that I probably had helmet hair.

He leaned against his chopper and smiled seeing me swimming in his leather jacket. He like the way it looked on me. I unzipped the jacket and shivered as my warm skin hit the cool evening air.

"Who knew Synyster Gates could be so romantic?" I teased, but I really did appreciate it. It felt nice to be wooed for a change.

He puffed out his chest in confidences, proud that he did what he wanted to accomplish; leave a lasting impression. "Hey now, I can't pull out all the good cards at once. I've got to be able to keep you guessing and on your toes."

I laughed. "So, what other good qualities are you keeping hidden?"

Brian stood up and took a step closer and smirked. "You'll just have to wait and see."

I smiled as he leaned down and kissed me. Unfortunately, the moment was kind of ruined when we heard giggling from the front window. I sighed as I broke the kiss and he leaned his head against mine.

"When do the brats go home?" He asked softly.

I sighed, "In two days. They'll leave in the morning. There's some party their friends are throwing that they don't want to miss."

"Would you be up to that second date after they leave?" He asked knowing that I would be in the area and wanted to take advantage of it.

"I'd like that." I smiled. "But, it's my treat and my surprise." Brian glared at me teasingly making me grin. "Those are the rules. Take'm or leave'm."

He sighed and begrudgingly agreed. "Fine."

"Don't sound like I'm pulling your teeth," I chuckled. "You can always say no."

He dug his fingers into my sides making me laugh. "You want me to say no?"

"Nah," I giggled. "But, you do need to leave your wallet at home."

"That's not what I agreed to." He smirked.

I sighed. "Fine, you may need an ID anyway. I don't remember the specifics."

"What do you have in mind, Miss Loon?" He slid his hands down and rested them on my hips.

I grinned cheekily, "You'll just have to wait and see."