The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

026

The Australian sun felt much stronger than in southern Orange County. It felt nice as I lay out under it. I needed the change of scenery. It was always nice to get away, but I was feeling somewhat homesick as well.

I was used to going away on trips all the time. But, this time it felt different. I smiled to myself knowing that the reason was because someone special was left behind. It felt weird how affected I was being so far apart from Brian. It left me wondering how he felt.

Filming has been so much fun. The commercial included going horseback riding up the side of a mountain as will as riding vespa scooters through dirt roads besides a few sets. I had a photo shoot on the side as well. It was a very productive trip all in all.

And, now I was more than ready to return home. I looked up at the figure blocking out my sun. I was all for a catnap until their shadow took away my warmth. “Is there something I can help you with?”

“Yeah, tell your friend to be a man.” Teasha complained, plopping down on my blanket to soak up some sun with me.

“Danny’s an idiot if you ask me.” I flipped over and untied my top to have fewer lines.

“I know that,” she huffed. A smile graced her lips at the thought of him. “But, an extremely hot one.”

“Don’t drool on my blanket,” I teased. “Don’t worry about him. He has the hots for you too. He just is too afraid to approach him. You can always make the first move.”

“At this rate, I may have to.” She fiddled around with my phone and giggled. “Someone, however does want to have his way with you at the moment.”

I bit my lip, smiling, and squinted through the warm rays. “Brian?”

“Put on a seductive look.” Tea laughed as she took pictures. “Let’s see if this helps his hard on.”

“Leave him alone.” I laughed, not trying hard to stop her. The sun felt too good on my back to move.

“You’re boyfriend’s so corny.” Teasha laughed at the reply she received. “You’re killing me, baby. Need someone to rub lotion on?” She mocked in a deep voice.

“Mhm, his hands would be so nice to have right now,” I smiled softly, trying to imagine it. I glared as she shoved me lightheartedly.

“You are just as bad as him,” she rolled her eyes.

“Give me my phone a sec,” I held my hand out. Scrolling through my contacts, I clicked on the familiar name. I grinned deviously when the call was answered after two rings. “Danny, Teasha is wet thinking about you and needs a helping hand. Here she is.”

Her jaw dropp, flabbergasted as she pushed away the phone. “No,” she mouthed clearly, glaring at me. I laughed pushing the phone towards her insisting to take it. She muttered that she was going to drown me afterwards before ripping the phone out of my hand. “Hey, Danny,” Teasha sighed softly, trying to conceal a smile at whatever he was saying.

I laughed softly; mission complete. Teasha was on the Billibong team around the same time I was originally chosen. Being able to easily relate with me, we were quick to become best of friends.

She had met Danny on several occasions, mostly at competitions in Huntington Beach. From the first glance at him, she thought he was a ‘total babe.’ Though, with Danny always leaving on tour with the guys and having his own body builder competitions as of late, the two have rarely saw each other.

I don’t even think that he had ever tried to hook up with her, respecting her that much. The idiot is just like most men and is afraid of rejection, never believing me when I would swear up and down that Tea liked him.

I peaked over my arm to see Teasha still talking on my phone with that same silly smile on her face. I’m glad she didn’t hang up on him like I had initially thought she would.

The two of them would be good for each other and it gave an extra reason to see her between competitions. I chuckled to myself and buried my face back under my arms. I let out a content sigh, wanting to see Brian soon. Next time I would have to offer getting an extra ticket for him to tag along with me.