The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

028

Every muscle in my body ached and burned. It was the end of a long week. I had survived the quarters and somehow I managed first in my group of the heat in the semis. The morning sun felt good on my back as I laid on the chaise lounge along Brian’s pool. “You okay?”

I rolled onto my back and looked up, smiling. “Tired, but I’m good. We have to leave soon.”

“Flip over,” Brian sat on the edge of the chair.

I did as I was told and went completely limp as his hands worked the muscles of my lower back. I moaned as he worked his way up and untied my top. “Don’t ever stop,” I groaned.

“Luce, you have no idea what you’re doing to me,” he said hoarsely making me laugh. He traced the letters along my lower back. “Where did you get this quote from?” He asked referring to the scripted letters, 'True love conquers all,' on my lower back.

I smiled to myself, “Sleeping Beauty.”

I laughed with him. “Seriously?”

I nodded and rolled on my back, “Yeah, it was the part when Prince Phillip leaves on his quest to awake Princess Aura.”

“Only you,” he smirked, grabbing my leg and sliding me down closer. He leaned over, playing with the loose material of my bikini tip, and kissed me softly. His soft lips were refreshing in the evening heat. “I want you so bad right now.”

I sighed, wanting the same thing, only I couldn’t. “If I didn’t have to ready for a heat I would let you do whatever want to me right now.”

I tilted my head as he kissed along my neck, “You torture me so.”

I laughed, “If it helps, I’m not doing it intentionally.”

“It makes it worse.” I shuddered as his teeth grazed the sensitive skin.

“We have this weekend?” I offered in lame attempt to make up for our fleeting moment.

“I plan on it tonight after we celebrate your first place win,” Brian grinned.

I smiled, not saying anything to jinx my chances of claiming that kind of win. I’m just satisfied with competing again. “Ready to go?”

“My noble steed awaits,” he reached behind my to retie my top. I laughed, kissing his shoulder and resting my head against it. He went one step further and carried me around to his car.

I laughed once he set me down, “Thanks.”

We arrived at the surf stadium early, and found my group. I signed in and got my blue rash guard with my number. Once back at the tent, I stuck my ear buds in and began to warm up. I took my seat in between Brian’s legs like I had been all week. He continued to rub my shoulders and play with my hair as I analyzed the water.

Brian would occasionally kiss my shoulder and rub my side. He cracked his knuckles a few times, trying to remain calm. The adrenaline was rushing in him as he waited my turn. He felt ridiculous, as he wasn’t even the one surfing. But, he couldn’t help but be nervous more than enough for the both of them.

I stood up when my name was called, handing off my iPod, and grabbed the prepared board. I was proud enough to make it this far and really didn’t care what the end results of today would be. I was ready to just go out and have fun.

Brian’s stomach tightened as soon as my toes touched the water. Thinking back to all the awards and trophies he saw in her downstairs, he wanted his girlfriend to feel that success again.

I paddled out diving under the waves. The south winds were bringing in decent waves. I steadied my self on my board, leaning back slightly as I got a good look at what was coming in. I tried to ignore the time crunch I was on and enjoy myself. The roar of the crowd was only a distant buzz as I focused on the wind and the water. The sun reflected off of the soft blues, warming my face.

Knowing the waves were still sloping, I angled the board slightly to the left as I paddled in. I popped up, keeping my knees bent gathering my center of gravity. Leaning my weight, I went towards the face of the wave. The board cut smoothly into the water as I tried to complete as many maneuvers as I could.

In the end, I got 7.00 points even. It wasn’t enough to make first, but it was enough to make the platform. It may not have been first place as Brian had claimed it would be. But, I was ecstatic that I was a part of the top three. Sage, the surfer who had won second, and I shook up the champagne bottles and shot them at Laura, the champion. We were all covered in the bubbly liquid as we took pictures.

“You taste like salt and alcohol; interesting combo.” Brian commented when it was his turn to congratulate me with a celebratory kiss.

“I got third,” I grinned, as he held me.

“I know! I am so proud of you. You rocked. You were absolutely amazing out there,” he held me closer. More pictures were taken and I gave statements to the local paper and a few surfing magazines.

Brian watched as she handled everything with ease. She matched him perfectly and knew that he wasn’t going to let this one go.