The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

003

Image

I made my bed and took a quick shower before scoping through my closet for something to wear. I pulled on some black leather pants and black leather boots to match. I found an off the shoulder black cotton shirt to complete it.

I managed to get their room key when I realized that someone had taken my keys yet again. I used the extra keycard I had from their file that I had forgotten to pass onto them. The band was randomly passed out in either of the rooms.

Danny.

I saw him lying on the bed in between Brian and Zacky. I sighed. Nothing's ever easy is it?

I carefully crawled on the bed and checked Danny's pockets having fallen asleep in yesterday's clothes. "He doesn't have it." A voice mumbled to my right.

I jumped slightly and suppressed a scream. I crawled back down to the foot of the bed and leaned over Brian. "So who has my keys then?" I asked quietly, figuring that he was just talking in his sleep.

He grinned and pulled me down. "And what will you do for me if I tell you?"

"I don't have to do anything." I whispered trying to push myself off him, but he just held me tighter.

"Don't you want your keys?" He teased. "Though, I thought you weren't supposed to go home."

"It's not my home." I corrected him right away. He gave me a weird look. I sighed and wiggled my way out of his arms and left the room. I went out on the deck and plopped down.

"We're just looking out for you, you know." He shut the door quietly.

I huffed and turned the other way. "You don't even-"

"Know you?" He interrupted me. "I know you're a good friend of Danny's. It's all I need to know. Why does that matter?"

"It doesn't." I sighed lying down. "It's just. . .I don't know."

Brian sat down next to me. "No, see, I think you do."

"I haven't seen Danny in awhile and he brought with him everything I left San Clemente for."

Brian chuckled. "You shouldn't give Danny so much credit. That power 'll go to his head, like he needs any more."

I laughed, "That's for sure." I looked up to see him staring at me. "Wha-"

He leaned over and kissed me. He slid his hand behind my head and pulled me closer. He ran his tongue against my bottom lip. I moaned as he nibbled on it and slipped his tongue between my lips.

I slid my hand slowly down his chest over his muscles and further down to his waist. He smirked, breaking the kiss momentarily before plunging his lips back onto mine.

I moved my hand further down to his pocket. While he was busy exploring my mouth, I slid my hand into his pocket.

Brian pulled back when he heard the jingle of the keys.

He had a surprised, but amused smile placed on his reddened lips. "Thanks." I moistened my lips.

"Cheat." He said with a teasing smile.

"Las Vegas." I shrugged grinning. I slide my backpack over my shoulder. "I'll be back in a few."

Brian grabbed my helmet. "I'm coming with you."

I bit my lip knowing that probably wasn't the best idea and shook my head. "Sorry sunshine."

"I could go get Danny and the guys to help." He smirked over at me.

"Is this blackmail I hear?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Las Vegas." He shrugged with a grin, mimicking me.

"Come on." I grabbed Brian's wrist.

He pulled me back down on his lap into another mind-blowing kiss. He stood up pulling me with him, my helmet in hand and a satisfied smirk on his thin lips.

I looked at his reflection as I pushed the button to the top floor. He was still smirking. "Something interest you Mr. Gates?"

He took a step closer to me and rested his hands on my hips. "There might be."

The elevator jerked to a stop before he could do anything. And honestly, I was kind of relieved. We walked down the isle to my bike. My other car had been left in San Clemente for my last brief visit.

"Nice bike." Brian admired it. He wasn't too into the sports bike and preferred a typical cruiser design, but he could appreciate it.

"Thanks." I handed him my spare helmet and took mine back. I got on the bike and he followed in suit. I smirked when he had to hold tighter as I switched gears, driving down the maze of ramps throughout the parking grarage.

I left the colorful strip and took the highway until my exit. Which, lead to not the greatest of neighborhoods, but I've seen worse. It's not that I couldn't afford a better area. I had enough money that I could buy my own luxurious home in Vegas, but something in me told me not to take that step just yet.

Deep inside I knew that Vegas would never be my home. A girl born in a place surrounded by water could never truly give it up for desert.

I pulled down my street. Really, for the area it wasn't so bad. Just sometimes gangs got the best of it, giving it its bad reputation. I lived in a small two family house. I occupied the apartment downstairs, while another family lived on the main floor.

I was about a quarter of the way down the street when I was forced to stop. I looked up ahead to see the area blockaded by cop cars and the area was sealed off with yellow caution tape as well.

"Lucy Woods, correct? You work for Leo?" A man in a suit approached me. He showed me his badge, letting me know that he was a Las Vegas detective.

I flipped open the visor to my helmet. "Yes sir."

"I happen to be a friend of his." He smirked slightly. I figured there was a story behind their friendship, but he continued. "He thought you might come despite what he asked. Leo already had someone come to get the rest of your belongings before the situation occurred last night. He'll be expecting you in his office when you get back."

I grinded my teeth, frustrated, but nodded my head at the detective. "The Lee's, they're okay, right?" They were the family that occupied the main floor.

He seemed to think for a moment trying to recall the name. "Oh, probably a little shaken up. But, they're okay. Staying with some relatives."

I sighed relieved and closed the visor. "Thank you."

The detective nodded and walked back to the crime scene. I almost forgot Brian was there until he wrapped his arms back around my waist when I took off again going back to The Golden Palace.

"This is your stop." I told Brian when we got to the entrance of the hotel. He listened to me this time and strapped his helmet to the bike.

"I'll see you later?" He asked me.

"Miss Woods, Leo wants you in his office." The valet passed on the message.

I sighed. "I know; I'm going." I turned to Brian and smiled behind the tinted visor. "I'm your casino host, of course you will."

He smirked lifting up my visor giving me a hard kiss before lowering it back down. "I'll see you later." He waved his hand behind him as he walked inside.

I sighed frustrated with myself and handed the keys to the valet. I took my helmet off letting my hair fall free again. I adjusted my bag and made my way to Leo's office.

"So Detective Johnson told me about you going home when I deliberately told you for your own protection not to go." Leo began to lecture as soon as he heard the door close, already knowing it was me.

I took a seat and crossed my legs. "You had Anthony take away my keys. Sending me on some wild goose chase after them and had Danny give me a message that I couldn't go home last night. He never mentioned anything about this morning."

"Don't be sly with me, Lucy." Leo said sitting on the edge of his desk.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I looked up remembering something. "Why did you have someone pack my stuff?"

"Your friend, Danny, filled me in more on the life you left behind." Leo informed me.

"What about it?" I asked not seeing the connection.

"Lucy, I'm going to do you a favor, in your best interest." He sighed. "I'm firing you."

My jaw dropped, stunned. "What?"

"You will be paid for the next two months vacation still as planned. But, after tomorrow you need to go home, Lucy, and do what you were born to do."

"You have no right to fire me." I retorted still shocked.

"Actually," Leo turned on his screen. "I could use these clips against you."

I placed a cool hand on my heated cheek as he fast-forwarded through the surveillance clips of Brian and I. I looked away from the screen and shrugged. "So it's Vegas. It was just a kiss."

"Isn't that how it started last time?" He reminded me. "Lucy, let's make a deal, alright?" He turned off the television. "If you are so unhappy back in San Clemente, you can come back and work for me. But, we both know that's not going to happen, kid." He smirked.

I smiled lightly knowing Leo was right even if I wasn't ready to admit it out loud just yet. "You really are one of my best, Luce." He put his hand on my shoulder. "The rest of your stuff is in your room and other things will be shipped home."

I sighed facing the reality that this was all happening. "I really don't get a say in this do I?"

"You will thank me later, trust me." He gave me a hug.

"I guess I will have to." I hugged him back. " I'll probably see you later, but thanks for everything, Leo. "

"No problem kid." He pulled back. "Go relax a bit, before you go back to working."