The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

005

Image

I sighed opening my room. Sure enough my suitcases were laid out at the foot of the bed. I place the bag on the floor and went over and closed the curtains, cutting off the last bit of evening light in the room.

I kick of my heels and stripped to my underwear. I crawled under the soft down covers and passed out finally getting a well-deserved sleep.

I groaned when there was a knock on the door, cursing the fact that I forgot to hang the 'Do not disturb' sign.

"Not. Happening." I sighed frustrated when another knock came and threw the covers off. I threw open the door and leaned on its frame.

Derek smirked and looked me over. "Damn, I didn't know you looked that good."

"What do you want?" I yawned.

"You, my beautiful lazy ass, should be entertaining your band." His smirk widened.

"Oh shit." I was now fully awake agitated that I completely forgot about my responsibilities.

"Don't worry Sam and Chelsea are taking care of them. I am here to bring you your early dinner." He wheeled in the cart of food.

I put on the white robe from the bathroom and followed him into the small dining area. "Why is Chelsea there?"

Derek poured myself a glass of red wine. He shrugged and took a seat across from me. "She figures that since they are her birthday present that she should help take care of them."

"Well, it makes my job a bit easier tonight." I lifted the tray to find a nicely prepared fillet mignon with some other salivating appetizers.

"I would have thought you rather spend some time with that one guitarist." He chuckled as I glared at him. "Anyway this is your last night I hear?"

"Yeah, I don't think that I'm staying the rest of the week either." I finished my wine and poured another glass working on my delicious steak. "It's all for my best interest is what I've been told."

"Who am I going to chase now?" He teased.

"I'm sure that Sam will be glad to take my place." I teased back since the two were recently engaged.

Derek grinned walking to the door. "Hmm, I kind of like the thought of that."

"Go get going." I laughed pushing him out the door.

"Yeah you too!" He scolded me laughing as the door shut behind him.

I went and finished what was left of my dinner knowing that I'd need it with all the running around I would be doing.

I took a shower and dressed in what I could find in the mess that they made of my clothes. It was a fun dress that played with white and black leather and a cute cream satin hem. Surprisingly sexy for a sleeveless and turtleneck dress, though the open back did make up for it.

I lined my eyes thickly and gave them a smoky effect. I took my damp hair and ran moose through it as the curling iron heated up and finished drying my hair. I took the large iron and made big loose ringlets in my hair until I was satisfied with the flowing curls.

I clipped my gold wristwatch and filled all my piercings in my ears with small gold hoops. I smudged on some peach lip-gloss and turned off the bathroom lights satisfied with the results.

I check over my shoes making sure they were still tied in place and may my way downstairs, where hopefully sound check was wrapping up if everything was going by my schedule.

People smiled and said their goodbyes as I made my way through the hotel. Word seemed to have spread like wild fire since I had told Anthony.

I walked up the stairs to the side entrance of the stage. I saw Chelsea and a few of her friends talking with Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian. Sam was off to the side sending people to do the various things on my list. I looked over and saw Danny chatting with Zacky and Matt with his girlfriend.

Sam spotted me and came over. I stayed hidden at the door fuming at the back of Danny's head. "Hey sweetie." Sam approached carefully. "I heard the news."

"Apparently everyone has." I smiled softly. "Your fiancé though, seems much more happier to be chasing after you now instead of me."

She blushed a bit and shook her head. "You look sexy tonight."

"Thank you." I grinned and twirled around for her.

She laughed. "So would you like to take your list back?" She asked hopeful.

I rolled my eyes. "What's left?"

"Yes! I love you." She hugged me. "Lighting, and check with the photographer, and to make sure the band's back room is still stocked."

I sighed. "How much longer do we have until the doors open?"

She checked her watch. "About an hour and a half."

"Alright, you can go screw your fiancé in a closet. I'll take over."

She gave me one more hug before high tailing it out of there. I looked back over to Danny, still deep in conversation. I let out a deep breath and strutted towards his direction.

I brushed against his shoulder before taking a step back and elbowing him roughly in the gut.

I continued to walk toward the edge of the stage feeling all eyes on me and heard Danny's groan of pain.

"Gentlemen?" I held out my hands for the security guys. They grabbed them and lowered me safely to the ground.

"Thank you." I smiled and began to walk to lighting.

"Hey Luce?" One of the security guards stopped me.

"Yeah?" I stopped and turned around.

"You were always my favorite." He complemented me.

"Yeah, the best. You need anything, just ask." The other added cracking his knuckles.

I smiled at how they respected me and cared. I usually got along with most of my coworkers at the hotel and casino.

Contemplating the offer, I looked at Danny briefly and shook my head. "Thank you, but what's done is done. It seems everyone knows my best interest more than me."

"Offer 'll always be on the table." He grinned.

I laughed, "Thanks." I chuckled to myself and continued to the back balcony where the light control center was.

"That was hot." Val laughed at Danny's expense. "What did you do to deserve that?"

Matt laughed. "He got her fired."

Val's jaw dropped. "You didn't?" He sat down trying to catch his breath and glared at Matt. "What gave you the right to do that?" She yelled at him.

"She's like my little sister." Danny tried to justify himself.

"So that gives you the right to get her fired?" She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Chels, you and your friends are supposed to have left ten minutes ago for your dinner and cake." I said over the loud speaker and went back to discussing the set up with their stage manager, Thor.

Danny sighed. "You just don't understand or know the whole story." He shook his head not going into more detail and explaining someone else's past, especially his friend's.

Matt wrapped his arms around Val, rubbing her sides gently, trying to get her to calm her. "Besides, it's not just Danny's fault." Matt grinned. "If he didn't get her boss on his side, then it would have been Brian's fault."

"I don't even want to know then." She laughed and leaned into him.

"She hit you good." Jimmy laughed at Danny on the ground and kicked him in the side for the fun of it.

"You mother fucker." Danny swung his leg out, knocking Jimmy on the floor with him, gripping his side where he was kicked.