The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

008

Image

Brian rolled over on his side to face the mysterious beauty lying next to him. Her brown hair was tangled and her cheeks were still flushed from the night's events.

He ran his callused fingers over her smooth sun bathed skin. He smiled to himself and rolled onto his back. He closed his eyes and smiled wider when he felt her arm slink over his chest, finally able to fall into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up when a little bit before the first early morning rays would come through the curtains. I looked at the clock to confirm that it was still early enough that I would make good timing.

I smiled content feeling his hand firmly on my back. I looked around remembering this moment of pure fulfillment.

Something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I sighed knowing that in a few moments I would walk out that door and probably never see him again.

I shivered feeling the cool air running over my bare skin. I chuckled as I walked around the bed seeing our clothes scatter around it.

I went to one of my bags and slipped on some new underwear before collecting yesterday's underwear and my dress from the floor. I put them in a laundry bag before stuffing it into the suitcase.

I picked up Brian's clothes, folding them, and placed them on the dresser. I slipped on some leather pants and a white tank as well as digging out my leather jacket for the long ride back to southern California. I slipped on some leather biker boots to complete the outfit.

I grabbed my backpack and filled it with water bottles and some snacks I got behind the bar for the ride.

My lips curved into a smile as I saw him lying there sleeping soundly.

I uncapped a marker and bit my lip as I wrote my little farewell on his face. I leaned over and kissed his cute nose. I laughed softly when he groaned and his nose twitched.

"Bye Brian." I slung my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my helmet. I smiled sadly to myself knowing how much I was going to miss last night.

I grabbed his hat off the end table and left the room quietly, taking the elevator up to Leo's office. I knocked on the door twice and opened it after hearing a muffled, "Come in."

"Hey Leo." I said softly as I sat in on of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Hey kid." He smiled and walked over to me. "You're heading out early."

"Yeah, I figured I'd eat breakfast and get out so I would be home before nightfall." I yawned.

"You can always take a flight out and ship you're bike home." He offered and smirked. "Stay a few more days."

I laughed. "As much as I would love to, I know if I don't leave now, I won't leave at all."

"I better hear your name in the sports section kid." He grinned chuckling.

I watched as Leo opened his cigar box taking one out for himself and offered me one. I put my hand up and declined politely. "Too early in the morning for a smoke."

Leo tucked it into the inside my jacket. "Save it for later." He smiled and cut off the tip off his before lighting it. He sighed. "Alright kid, get out of here before I change my mind too."

I stood up adjusting my backpack and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for everything Leo."

"No problem." He kissed my temple. "Who knew a kid with a background in marine biology would do so well in my palace."

"I did." I grinned cheekily and exchanged one more goodbye before taking the elevator downstairs. I placed Brian's hat on my head and smiled content to find the place so quiet, something that was rare in the hotel.

I laughed as Anthony and Danny each hooked an arm of mine. "I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I've got the lion afraid of everything and the scarecrow without a brain."

"And suddenly I remember why I won't miss you." Derek teased, pouting at being the Cowardly Lion.

"But, I don't know who I'll annoy anymore." Ant made a sad face.

"Gives you more reason to come and take a break in Cali. Home right on the beach. What more could you ask for?" I grinned hugging them each goodbye before they had to carry on with work.

"Just had my keys huh?" I heard someone mocking my words from last night, once I made my way into the restaurant.

I looked over my shoulder to see Chelsea and Melissa and laughed. "I didn't know you girls ever rose before the sun."

I grabbed my things and went to their table where they ushered me to sit. "You fucked thee Synyster Gates?" Melissa stated in awe ignoring my comment.

"I suppose I might of." I chuckled and ordered a Belgium waffle.

"Please." Chelsea scoffed. "Everything about you is screaming sex."

I laughed at them and shrugged. "You never know."

"Oh?" Chelsea smirked. "How do you explain the hat?"

"Hmm." I took it off and put it on her head. "I'm a clepto." I said innocently. You wouldn't mind giving it back to him for me." I thanked the waiter as he placed our food in front of us.

"Just tell us how it was already." Sam laughed when I jumped and choked slightly.

"Love you too." I said once I was able to swallow my food without further complications.

"Aw, I knew you would." She hugged me from the side and pulled up a chair. "Maybe next time I will be successful." She nudged me. "So?"

I sighed as flashes from last night ran through my mind. Just thinking about it left me breathless.

"What no boasting?" Chelsea teased.

I stared at my plate and pushed part of the whip cream around. "Wow," Sam's jaw dropped, as I stayed silent.

"That good huh?" Melissa smirked.

"Better." I sighed. I took a bite, savoring the blueberries. I shrugged and smiled noticing them still staring at me. "Hey what happens in Vegas; stays in Vegas."

"You can't be serious." Chelsea's jaw dropped this time.

"Chelsea, like I'm ever going to see him again." I continued to work on my breakfast.

"You obviously like him." Melissa tried to persuade me.

"Girls, you would have better luck pulling a Houdini than getting this one to change her mind." Sam sighed and grabbed a fork helping me finish the waffle.

"But, Danny." Melissa tried to reason with me.

"You'll have to see him again." Chelsea continued seeing where her friend was going with this.

I smiled. "Ladies, as much as I enjoy arguing with you, I have to hit the road."

"So soon?" Chelsea pouted.

"Don't worry Chels as soon as school gets out you can come visit." I reminded her.

"What about me?" Melissa pouted with Chels.

"Sure." I shrugged smiling and gave them hugs saying our last goodbyes for now. "If you go up in my room later there's some clothes and shoes I left for you."

"Score!" Chelsea squealed and wrapped my in one more hug.

Sam hooked arms with mine carrying my helmet for me. "Let me know when things work out with you and this rock star."

"I thought you gave up?" I smirked.

"Please girl," she laughed. "You should know me better than that."

"There won't be anything to tell you." I smiled squinting from the bright rising sun as I looked out on the Las Vegas strip.

"I find that hard to believe." She smiled.

The valet handed me my keys and held the bike as I got on. "You should; it's the truth."

She shook her head still smiling. "I know you. You don't sleep with random guys."

"As I said before, like I'm going to ever see him again." I shook my head sadly. "Especially if I'm going to start up with my old career. I'd never be around."

"You're not going to cop out?" She looked at me surprised.

I sighed not knowing if I was really ready to get back out there yet. "I'll find out soon enough."

She handed me my helmet and pulled me into a tight hug knowing how worried I was about going home. "It's going to be fine, hun."

"I hope so." I smiled softly. "So you have my list right? I have the kinky room reserved, the strip clubs and bars, and-"

Sam covered my mouth with her hand, chuckling. "I know how much you hate relinquishing your control, but I do know what I'm doing too."

I laughed, pushing her hand away. "I get it. I'm just reminding you." I looked past Sam's shoulder and sighed. "Mark is coming this way."

"You want me to get one of the guys?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Let me just handle this." She nodded and gave me one last hug and kiss before going inside.

"Still kept her, huh?" Mark asked referring to the bike. I nodded adjusting the helmet in my hands. "So who's going to be my host now?"

"There'll be someone pretty to hang on your arm I'm sure." I shrugged. "So losing good money?"

"Enough to keep Leo satisfied." He smirked. "I see that you decided to mix business and pleasure again?"

I returned his smirk. "Just having some fun."

Mark shook his head chuckling a bit. "Good luck Lucy."

"Thanks." I smiled softly.

He put his hand on my shoulder and stopped me from starting the bike. "I wanted to apologize. That's my main reason for visiting this weekend. That I never meant to hurt you."

"I appreciate it Mark." I smiled.

"You're going to go places Lucy." He smirked and stood back for me to leave. I smiled softly, sliding on my helmet and started up the bike before taking off into the desert landscape.

He groaned when the day's light woke him up. He rolled over to meet the cold mattress.

Brian sat up and looked around the room for Lucy. Everything seemed the same, apart from the room being just a bit tidier. But, her bags were still there.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock on the right end table. It was a little after noon. She must have had some things to do; she was still their host for the rest of the week, whatever that entailed.

Brian couldn't help but smile as he picked up his clothes off of the dresser and slipped them back on. He ran a hand through his messy hair. Sex hair always did look the best. He shrugged and didn't bother looking in the mirror to fix it.

He looked at the end table once more realizing that his favorite fedora hat was missing. Brian looked around the room, but still couldn't find it. He shrugged and figured he'd get it from Lucy later.

Brian walked down the hall to his room and knocked on the door seeing how he didn't have a key.

"Hey, sunshine?" Johnny gave Brian a weird look.

Brian smiled and shrugged. Nothing could ruin his day. "Hey. You guys eat lunch yet?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "We were about to go down though."

Danny came into the living room and chuckled at Brian's face. "Hi sunshine."

Brian looked at him weird. "Hi?"

"Who fucked up your face?" Zacky laughed lounging on the couch, Gena lying on his lap.

Brian went over to the mirror hanging on the wall and saw the black writing over his face. "What the fuck does it say?" He got annoyed.

Zacky spun him around and poked each word on his face as he read it off. "'See you around sunshine', with a sun drawn wearing sunglasses. Not too bad of a sketch really."

Brian punched his arm and went into the bathroom to wash it off. "It's not fucking working." They all laughed at his dilemma and teased him as they went down to the restaurant.

"You going to give him his hat back?" Melissa teased. They walked around the casino not playing anything, since they were still too young technically, and ended up back at the restaurant for an early lunch.

"That was Lucy's order." Chels rolled her eyes at her friend as she took a seat at the large fountain in the middle of the hotel. "Don't worry I'll get around to it."

"How about now?" The shadow that loomed over them asked.

"Aw Mel, she called him sunshine." Chelsea cooed at the writing on Syn Gates face.

"And Luce thought that she could fool us. Pool a Houdini." Mel grinned.

Brian sighed frustrated as the two teenagers continued to talk as if he wasn't there. He lifted his hat off of the birthday girl and placed it on his head. "Now, would you mind telling me where Lucy is?"

"Oh, gee, where do you think she is by now Mel?" Chelsea tapped her chin. "It's been at least five hours."

"Plus she's fast on that bike because of that ass." Melissa frowned.

Brian tapped his foot and took a deep breath, gathering his patience. "Well?"

"Home, sounds about right. If not then, at least almost home; maybe a few more hours to go. It depends if she stopped or not for gas or food." Melissa shrugged. "Man, I'm gonna miss her."

"Yeah," Chelsea sighed agreeing. "But, we'll see her during the summer."

"Home?" Brian interrupted the girls again.

"Yeah," Chels blocked the sun out of her eyes and slipped on her sunglasses. "You know, California; down in San Clemente."

"She left already?" He mumbled to himself slightly disappointed.

"Aww, you like her too." Mel smirked.

"Too?" Brian smirked. "Care to tell more?"

"Yo, Brian!" Zacky called him over. "Let's go. The girls are hungry and apparently we have options to keep us busy, while the ladies are at the spa."

Brian sighed going to catch ups, knowing he wasn't going to get much more out of these girls. It was too much energy anyways.

"She doesn't think she'll ever see you again." Chelsea shouted after him.

Brian looked back briefly and smirked. "She'll see him again." Mel grinned excited.

"They have her stuff so she'll have to." Chelsea smirked. "My dad's sending her things with them instead of shipping it, like he said."