The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes Sweeter

009

"You were taking too long so we ordered for you, Bri." Matt informed him and chuckled at the permanent marker that still graced his friend's face. Brian nodded and frowned not finding the marker written across his face as humorous.

"So, had a good night?" Danny asked quietly as Brian sat down next to him.

"Can't complain." Brian shrugged, still disappointed to find the bed empty this morning.

"At least you were left a note." Danny said bitterly.

"What's that mean?" He raised an eyebrow interested.

Danny sighed and looked around the table at his friends laughing and getting along, even after a long night. "When she ran off, no one got a call or even a note that she was leaving. Well, at least not for a while. Thinking the worst, we weren't sure if she was alive or dead." He shrugged, trying to not get hung up in the past. "So considered yourself honored."

Brian sat back quietly participating in conversation here and there, wondering about Lucy mostly. He knew nothing about her. Only that he knew how to make her moan. The thought of last night brought a smirk to his lips.

But, other than last night, he really didn't know a thing.

I was ready to collapse once I pulled down the worn down road covered in sand. I didn't care that the sun would not set for a few hours. All I knew was my destination was: a comfy bed. I drove straight through only stopping for gas and water breaks to keep me well hydrated, especially after the way I drank last night.

I smiled softly seeing my beach house. It was smaller compared to the other houses that they built up along the beach, especially around the corner, like Cypress Cove. It was two stories high with several bedrooms and baths, including an outdoor shower. There was a hot tub on the side as well. It was more than enough for me and it was all that I had left, with the memories it held inside.

Slightly surrounded by woods, isolating it, I had a nice size yard that desperately needed to be taken care of. And, I don't even want to think of the state of the pool. Though, the beach was open to the public, there wasn't a lifeguard to blow their damn whistle.

I did have it good. I almost forgot what made me snap and leave in the first place. I killed the ignition on the bike and slid the kickstand down.

I unlocked the garage and heaved the door up. My jeep and bicycle were right where I left them. I lifted the kickstand and rolled my bike into the small empty space left for it. I took my helmet off and let my hair flow free. I grabbed my backpack and lowered the garage door.

Looking through my keys, I took the dull gold one and slipped it through the front screen door and the front door behind that. That awful smell of stale air hit me like a tone of bricks.

I took off my leather jacket and biker boots and put them in the closet near the front door. Memories of my childhood flashed through my mind as I walked across the wooden floor in my socks. Most of the memories were good in this house, but a few I had rather not remember.

I opened all the windows in the living room and kitchen to get some fresh air circulating.

I went upstairs to my room. It was the one that had a short balcony attached to it and looked onto the waterfront. I shimmed out of the leather pants no longer needing to wear them, since I didn't plan to go out anytime soon. I dropped them in the basket that was left haphazardly next to the closet along with my shirt.

I grabbed my blackberry calling up Sam and letting it ring twice to let her know I got home safe, before turning it off so there wouldn't be any disturbances.

I looked around and saw all the work that needed to be done, but the bed looked too inviting to resist. Dirty and sweaty from the long ride, I didn't care as I curled under the blankets that needed to be washed anyway, and let my body finally get a proper rest.

I groaned when I heard kids voices waking me up. "Shouldn't they be in school still?" I mumbled and slapped the side table looking for my phone. It read 3:00pm. "Or maybe not." I yawned and stretched. I rubbed my forehead, not believing that I could sleep through the whole night and most of today.

I contemplated just laying there for the rest of the day, but the yard didn't deserve to look so disgusting. So looking to see what clothes were left in my dresser I got dressed ready to get dirty. I grabbed a cute grey t-shirt with a lightning bolt on the front and pair of green jeans that I never wore any more because of the huge bleach stain on the ass.

My body ached to go back to sleep as I pulled on the clothes. But, I wouldn't give it that satisfaction until my nerves calmed down from being back home, to stay this time. It was a concept that I was having a hard time grasping.

And, I had slept too much anyway. I sifted through the cabinets for something to eat; only finding oatmeal. I sighed heating up some water and emptied two packets into a bowel. I found some brown sugar and sprinkled a couple of teaspoons over the dry oats.

I pulled back my hair and stepped out onto the deck, waiting for the water to boil. I leaned on the railing watching the surfers sitting out in the water. I loved Cottons because it wasn't as crowded as Upper Trestles and the waves were just as good, if not better. And the locals at Cottons weren't as competitive, so you could actually enjoy yourself on the beach and not have to worry about petty fights breaking out. Fighting over useless things was something I did not tolerate.

The whistle went off, signaling that my makeshift breakfast, or late lunch, was ready. I poured the steaming water into the bowel, careful not to splash it on me; something that I usually did when I was exhausted. I sat on the counter and ate it slowly, taking my time for the day, or what's left of it.

I filled the empty bowel with some soapy water to prevent the oatmeal from getting crusty. I grabbed a garbage bag from the cabinet under the kitchen sink for the weeds and got to work. The weeds had filled in between the stepping-stones along the walkway especially and along the driveway.

I went over to the shed and got out the push-mower, checking the gas and oil to see that it was full before pulling the cord. After fighting with the cord to get the damn thing started, the lawn was finally cut.

The early summer sun was blaring down on me, probably giving my skin some well-deserved color. My muscles screamed at me after several hours of labor, not being used to being worked like this. Although, I managed to stay toned while in Vegas, I felt extremely out of shape; everything felt a lot looser.

I put everything away in the shed and released my hair from its sloppy bun. I dumped the garbage bag at the end of the driveway for pickup, well if I remembered the schedule correctly. I placed a hand on my hips satisfied with what I managed to accomplish. The home no longer looked abandoned from the outside.

I went inside and got a water bottle out of my backpack and looked at the furniture still covered in white sheets. I screwed on the cap and went about the rooms pulling off the sheets and wiping everything down with a damp cloth. I chucked everything down the downstairs to be washed for another time.

It was almost dinnertime and I had nothing but some chips and cookies left in my backpack. But, I just wanted to lay down a bit before I ordered some take out.

I sighed and moved slowly, my muscles were so sore. I grabbed my blackberry to see that I had several missed calls, mostly from Sam.

Dialing her number, I eased back down onto the couch, planning on staying there for a while. "I thought you died." Sam laughed answering her phone.

"Nope." I yawned. "Still alive. Barely, but I'm breathing."

"Smartass." She chuckled. "So how does it feel to be back home?"

I rested my arm across my forehead lazily. "Not as bad as I thought. How are you holding up taking over for me?"

"They're a good group of people. The girls enjoyed the day at the spa and thy guys are trying to keep up with your list." Sam laughed. "They want to see if they can get it done within the next few days."

"Why?" I mused. I had left a lot of options open for them, just in case I had missed something on their profiles. "Is it too challenging for them?"

"I'm starting to think so. Hold on a sec babe." I heard some voices in the background before she came back. "Alright, I have to go attend my duties, love. I will be talking to you pretty lady."

I smiled. "Sounds good gorgeous." I sighed hitting the 'end' button and felt for the table behind me to put my blackberry on.

I was too lazy and way too exhausted to watch TV or attempt at making a late dinner. I just closed my eyes listening to the wind going across the water determining how the wave was breaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading.
~<3~
Comments?