Status: Active, Please comment :D

Without Love

I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might

The butterflies were new to her. Yes, she'd been on dates before, but never with someone who had confessed their love for her. Alanya struggled to keep her cool as she dug through her clothes, fresh out of the shower in her underwear.

Embry pecked his head in, "Where are you going?" he asked curiously.

Alanya jumped, " Out!" she said in a high pitched tone before she took a deep breath. "I mean, Jessica and Angela are picking me up at the store in ten minutes.

"Be home before midnight..." he said and gave her an suspicious glance before he left her alone.

"You are too gullible, Embry," she mumbled to herself and put her clothes on.

>X<

Alanya ran outside in anger when she heard a car hoink. She saw Paul behind the wheel of Jacob's rabbit.

"I am not the girl who get honked at Paul!" she said as she put her seatbelt on. "And I also told you Embry can't know."

"Embry's out," Paul said and put his warm hand on her cheek and pulled her closer before he let their lips melt together.

Alanya was the one to pull away, even though she didn't want to. "And why did Jacob give you his car?"

Paul started the engine with a chuckle, "He didn't, I just borrowed it."

Alanya gave him an slap on his tigh. "You bad, bad boy."

>X<

Alanya had been nagging him since they left the rez, but he wouldn't tell her where they were going.

"You don't strike me as the patience one," Paul said and gave her a lopsided smile when she crossed her arms and started pouting, "Don't worry, we are here--" He dragged the word out as he pulled the car to the side of the road, "now."

She looked around in disbelief. "This is nowhere. Just damn trees."

"Well, we'll do a little bit off hiking," he chuckled and opened the door for her.

"Have you seen my shoes? It's Louboutin, Paul."

He shook his head, "Doesn't tell me anything, only that it's probably not the right footwear for a hike."

"You don't say, butthead!" She yelled in frustration.

"Hey, calm down," Paul whispered and put his hands on her shoulders before he bent down and kissed her forehead. "I'll fix this," He said and knelt down, removing both her shoes and throwing them inside the car.

Her first idea had been to yell at him again, but the soft and moist moss under her feet changed her mind. She loved the feeling.

"And besides you don't have to walk, I can give you a piggy-back ride."

"No offence Paul, but I think it will be faster if I walk."

"No offence Alanya," he said in a mocking voice and crouched down before her, "but I am stronger than you'd ever believe."

She got up and laughed. "Someone is full of themselves!"

>X<

Alanya was surprised at Paul's ease at walking through the forest with her one the back, all the while keeping up a conversation. She loved feeling his muscles work and his strong hands on her thighs.

She could hear the river getting closer, and just as she was about to nag again she saw it; he had set it all up. A blanket, with a basket and pillows. He let her slide down.

"It's really beautiful, Paul," she said with open insecurity and surprise.

Paul took her hand and led her over. "Why so surprised?"

"I just thought you were more the shabby diner and a quick lay behind the dumpsters out back," Alanya said honestly.

"Well, I was all that, but not with you," he grinned and plopped down on the blanket.

She hesitantly sat down next to him.

"Emily prepared the basket, I don't really know what's in here," Paul said, and took out two blueberry muffins for them.

Alanya didn't accept. "Paul... This isn't right, this isn't how I pictured it!" She rose to her bare feet. "I don't want you to be sweet and all loevy-dovey."

Paul felt a wave of rejection. "Then what do you want, Alanya?"

Alanya grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "I want someone fun! Someone to mess around with, someone that can make me forget everything. Someone who can make me feel... alive!" She pulled his face down to hers. "The way you made me feel, Paul, no one else have ever given me that, and I want that. I want you to want me!" she crushed her lips against him.

Paul was taken aback by her outburst and was not prepared for the kiss, neither for her flinging her arms and feet around him. He was barely able to set them down carefully on the blanket again.

"Alanya," Paul's voice was strained as she started kissing and nibbling down his neck. "Please don't- Stop."

She pulled back a bit and stared at him.

"What do you want me to be?" he asked her.

Alanya realized she could have asked him anything at that moment. "I want you- No, I need you to be my friend, to keep me sane in this crazy town."

"Just a friend?" he asked a little bummed out.

"With the occasional benefit," She whispered in his ear before she got back to buisness.

Both their clothes dissapeard, and Alanya knew she'd never been on a better picnic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I'm stunned. It's been forever since I last updated! I hope I managed to keep the essence of the characters, and the story.

I don't know when I'll update, but I hope it's soon! Leave your comments! :)

~ BreeVixen