Summer Time

10.

During the day they didn't do too much, they sat at the beach mostly. But took walks around the small town every now and then, even though it wasn't filled with activities it was a good day.

Everyone started to head home at about 8 pm to go do other things, but Jack and Alex stayed on the beach together. They had their feet in the water and they sat on the sand that was filled with glass and other strange things.

“It's so pretty,” Jack smiled as they stared at the sunset.

“What? You don't get sunsets at America?” Alex smiled sarcastically.

“Well yeah but it isn't as pretty,” Jack smiled as he sighed peacefully.

“Yeah I guess I kind of take advantage of it.” Alex smiled as he pushed his hair out his face. “So when are you going out for dinner?”

“I don't know, within the next hour I think. Rosie is going to phone me when we're leaving.” Jack said and Alex nodded.

Sitting on the beach, Alex took out his cigarettes handed one to Jack, then himself. Lighting it up he passed the lighter to Jack before looking out at the sky again. He was thinking about what Vicky had said to him earlier, just before she left: 'You may as well give it a go, you've got nothing to lose'. She was right as well Alex had nothing to lose, Jack would be leaving in 2 months and if things didn't go well then it wouldn't be that bad. But you also got to think about if things do work out well and they've only got two month together.

“What you thinking about?” Alex tilted his head to face Jack.

“Not a lot, you?” Alex asked smiled before bringing the cigarette to his lips.

“Same, you know I wish you lived where I did because I think you're pretty awesome to hang out with.” Jack smiled as he pushed his hair out his face.

“Thanks, you too.” Alex awkwardly smiled, he was chuffed that Jack had complimented him in that way. I mean fuck sake he's known the guy under a week and he already has a crush on him. “I guess we do have just under 2 months together.”

“Yeah I guess but you have school for the last week or something,” Jack smiled.

“True, but we could still hang at lunch and after school.” Alex stated as he blew out smoke through his mouth.

“That'd be good.” Jack placed the cigarette between his lips and inhaled, “I know this is random, but I love your accent.” Jack awkwardly announced.

“Thanks, I do quite like yours too.” Alex smirked as he took a quick look at Jack then back at the water.

They sat there for about 50 minutes together; they were talking like they normally did. Jack was complaining how the water was cold, but then his feet went numb so it didn't matter as much. They sat and talking about how their schools were so different and the people in them were different. Right now it was dark, the water was getting colder and the stars were shining.

“It's a nice night,” Jack stated while Alex nodded his head in agreement.

“So, what do you think of everyone else now that you're sober?” Alex asked after a few moments of silence.

“They seem really nice I like them, especially Sean.” Jack grinned as he looked at Alex and Alex looked back at him.

They remained like that for a few moments just looking at each other, Alex took the lead. Slowly pushing his head in he closed his eyes and waited for his lips to be linked with Jack's. Understanding where Alex was heading Jack leaned in also. Though just as their lips were to touch, Jack's phone started to ring. “Sorry,” Jack apologised as he pulled out and took his phone out. “Hey, yeah sure. Okay see you in a minute,” Jack then hung up the phone before he pulled his feet out the water.

“Who was that?” Alex asked awkwardly.

“My auntie, she's booked us a table but we've got to leave like, now.” Jack didn't say anything else as he pulled on his shoes and walked away. Alex didn't even bother getting up to walk him home.