Summer Time

11.

As Jack walked home he thought a lot about the beach. I mean they were just about to kiss when, of course Rosie ruined it. Not that it's her fault, but that isn't the point right now. To be fair, Jack could have just kissed him when he hung up the phone but it didn't feel right.

“Hey hun,” Rosie smiled as she saw Jack walk through the door. “What's making you so confused?” Rosie asked as she flung him his jacket and they walked out the door.

“Tell you later,” Jack simply said as they got in the car.

The car journey was filled with mainly silence, except from the radio. The reached the restraunt they were at the last few times they have been out. Once they sat at their table and ordered their drinks, Rosie spoke.

“Okay, what's up?” She asked handing the man her menu.

“Just, something happened on the beach.” Jack shrugged his shoulders; he was clearly lost in thought.

“Talk it out; tell me it will make you feel better.” Rosie smiled as she clasped her hands on the table.

“Well, for the last hour Alex and I were sitting on the beach and it was just us. Then one thing led to another and we leaned in towards one another. But then you phoned me so I pulled out before I could even kiss him and said I had to go.” Jack sighed as the waiter came over with their drinks, he was thanked and he left.

“Wow, you really are making friends over here. Look, do you like Alex in that way?” Rosie asked smiling.

“Yeah, I think so. I don't know, we've only got like 7 weeks together.”

“That doesn't matter; make this the best 7 weeks. Sorry I interrupted the kiss, but you left Alex hanging there, not even giving him an answer. So do you want to go out with him?”

“Yeah,” Jack smiled as he sipped on his drink.

“Then when we go home take him back to the beach and kiss him.” Rosie grinned.

“Yeah, you're right. Thank you,” Jack grinned.
-

Once Jack had gone, Alex didn't bother leaving the beach. He remained sitting and staring out at sea. He feels so fucking stupid, I mean yeah Jack was going to kiss back but he didn't kiss him afterwards. It's probably for the best, I mean he has to go in 2 months and it would be harder letting him go if they were dating. I don't know, maybe he's just trying to convince himself that it would be a bad idea to date him. But in all honesty, he doesn't care. He wants to be with Jack even if it is for a short amount of time. Though he might regret that when Jack is leaving it doesn't matter.

Taking Alex out of his dreams his phone started to ring. As he took it out he saw it was from Vicky, so he accepted. “Hello?”

“Hey Alex, so did you do anything?” She asked.

“Oh yeah, I did.” Alex awkwardly said, “We both leaned in to kiss each other and then Jack's phone went off, so he left.” Alex sighed as he looked up at the stars.

“Damn, well he leaned in as well, right? So that must mean something.” Vicky suggested, trying to cheer him up.

“Yeah, I don't know,” Alex said.

Alex stayed on the phone to Vicky for quite a while, just under an hour in fact. He didn't really want to leave, it sounds weird. Sitting in the dark, alone, on the beach during summer. But surprising it was actually calming and sweet. So Alex took out a cigarette and lit it up. Damn it's going to be so awkward when he next sees Jack. He just has to not think about it and it will be fine. Hopefully anyway.

“Alex,” Alex turned his head to see Jack stand a few meters away from him.

“Jack?” Alex said as he stood up and turned around to face Jack. “Aren't you supposed to be at dinner?”

“Don't talk,” Jack said as he walked up to Alex, put his hands on both of his cheeks and pressed his lips against Alex's. Taken back a little bit, Alex's arms were in the air, but slowly came down and wrapped around Jack, holding him closer. Jack to lead and opened his mouth, Alex followed and soon their tongues were crashing together. Jack was the first one to pull out, and when he did he just looked at Alex and smiled at him.

“So, um, Jack. Would you like to go out sometime?” Alex asked as he held onto Jack's hips.

“Yeah, that'd be nice.” Jack smiled before pressing his lips against Alex's.

After a few more moments of passion, they sat down. Right next to each other, their legs straight out in front of them as they leaned back on their hands. They were looking out into the sea and the starry sky. The sea was splashing up at the soles of their feet. They sat there for ages, just talking or leaning over to kiss each other.

“Well, what do we do when you leave?” Alex asked lighting up a cigarette and handing it to Jack, then taking out another cigarette and lighting it up.

“We can make it the best two month ever,” Jack smiled. “Plus, I'll be back here for holidays, so ever summer, Christmas, spring.” Jack shrugged as he blew out smoke.

“Okay then,” Alex smiled.

After about an hour they left each other, going home. Jack walked through the door and grinned from ear to ear. “He kissed me back,” Jack smiled as he walked over to Rosie.

“Oh yay, good for you. Got yourself a wee boyfriend now,” she smiled as he hugged Jack. “You all happy?”

“Oh yeah,” Jack grinned as he lay across the couch and turned on the TV.

When Alex got home he walked up to his room, closed the door, lit up a fag and grinned. He can't believe he now actually goes out with Jack! It's so good. He should probably tell Vicky, Alex reached into his pocket and took out his phone.

“Hey Vicky,” Alex smiled.

“Hey what's up?” She asked.

“He kissed me,” Alex grinned as he reminisced earlier.

“What? Tell all!” Vicky shouted excitedly down the phone.

“Well he came up to me and I was like, aren't you supposed to be at dinner? Then he was like don't talk. So then he walked up to me and kissed me.” Alex grinned as he lay on his bed.

“That is amazing, I'm so happy for you. Good for you!” Vicky said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it <3