Summer Time

12

The next morning when Alex was pulled out off bed and Jack was up and ready. Alex went in for Jack; he chapped the door and waited. Rosie soon answered it.

“Hey Alex, hold on and I'll get Jack.” She smiled as she walked away. Alex smiled as he placed his cigarette between his lips and in haled.

“Hey you,” Jack smiled as he stood at the door and pecked his boyfriend's lips.

“Hey, are you coming out for a while?” Alex asked blowing smoke out through his nose.

“Sure,” Jack grinned as he grabbed his coat and walked out the door.

“You not were going to take my hand?” Alex asked as he held out his hand.

“Fine,” Jack blushed a little bit as he laced his fingers between Alex's. “Sorry, I'm not used to relationship, cute stuff.” Jack shrugged.

“It's okay, I don't mind.” Alex smiled as he handed Jack a cigarette and a lighter. “So where do you wanna go?”

“We can go get some fries and sit on the beach?” Jack offered.

“Yeah sure, it's chips over here by the way.” Alex smiled as Jack nodded his head.

They walked to the chip shop; Alex bought the lunch which was just chips and a drink. They then walked to the beach hand in hand. Surprisingly there were not many people at the beach, there again, even though it's considered warm to the Scots it's still freezing to the Americans.

“It's such a nice day,” Jack smiled as he leaned his head on Alex's shoulder.

“It is,” Alex smiled as he leaned his head on Jack's.

“Not going to lie, I thought it was going to be awkward seeing you again. But it's not, it's amazing.” Jack grinned as he shoved a chip in his mouth.

“I feel the same way, shit hold on.” Alex said as he took out his phone and held it to his ear. “What's up Zack?” Alex asked.

“Dude, Sean is having an empty, Tuesday until Wednesday night. He wants to know if you and Jack are in.” Zack asked.

“Jack, an empty at Sean's. You in?” Alex looked at Jack.

“Yeah sure,” Jack smiled.

“Yeah we're in. Bye man,” Alex hung up as he put the phone in his pocket.

“Oh, by the way. I'm going to see my family later on. You want to come?” Jack asked.

“How awkward, haha. If you really want me to.” Alex smiled.

“Yeah. I do,” Jack smiled.

“Then, I'll go.” Jack grinned as he kissed Alex's cheek “Come with me so I can get some fags.” Alex said as he stood up and took Jack's hand and pulled him up; Jack nodded as he followed Alex holding his hand.

“Hey man,” Zack greeted as they walked in the garage. “You got yourself a new boyfriend?”

“Yeah,” Alex smiled as he walked up to the till.

“I knew it, 20 or 40?” Zack asked.

“40 please,” Zack put 2 packets of cigarettes on the table and Alex handed over the money. “You want anything?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, can I get 20 cigarettes and a lighter please?” Jack asked.

“ID?” Zack asked with a smile, Jack looked worried as he tried to think of an answer. “I'm joking, here.” Zack giggled as he handed Jack the fags and lighter and Jack handed over the money.

“Thanks,” Jack smiled as they walked back outside hand in hand.

They walked down to the beach again where they say and smoked. They were lying on the sand/rocks and looking up at the sky. Jack was wondering how the dinner would go, it could either go terribly well or terribly awful. Was it weird of him to ask him boyfriend of a few hours to come and meet his family? Or was it normal to ask your good friend to dinner with the family?

“Are you sure you want to come to dinner. You don't have to,” Jack said as he looked at Alex.

“Of course I do, now stop worrying.” Alex giggled as he looked at Jack.

“Okay, I'll text Rosie.” Jack took out his phone and started texting. “She said that's fine,” Jack smiled after he got the text.

“Good, now we're going out for dinner. Don't leave me alone,” Alex looked at Jack in all seriousness.

“Of course I wouldn't,” Jack smiled as he pecked Alex.