Summer Time

14.

“Come on Mia, put on a jacket and let’s go.” Jack said as Alex helped her slip into a coat. Mia then took Alex's hand and Jack's as they walked outside. The sun was still up and it was only like 7 pm. They family were probably in the house getting extremely drunk. “Where do you wanna go? Jack asked as they walked down the road.

“Ice cream,” Mia said as she looked up at them.

“Even though you've have like 2 bowls of ice cream?” Alex asked laughing, Mia nodded. “Ice cream it is,” Alex smiled as he kept hold of Mia's hand.

They all bought an ice cream and walked to the park which was only a few steps away. Mia was climbing up the climbing frame while Jack and Alex were standing watching her. “Think she'll mind if I smoke?” Alex asked Jack.

“Nah,” Jack smiled as he also took out a fag and it up, along with Alex.

“That's bad,” Mia said as she pointed to them.

“It is, never start it.” Alex smiled as he blew out smoke. “But it feels so good,” he mumbled quietly so only him and Jack could hear.

Mia continued to climb and run while the boys smoke. “I wanna play a game!” Mia shouted as she run up to Jack.

“Okay, what do you want to play?” Jack asked as he flung his fag away and picked up Mia.

“Hide and seek,” Mia smiled. “Alex is it, count to 50.” Mia grinned as she jumped from Jack's arms, grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

“Okay, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.” Alex counted as he closed his eyes.

“Mia, where are we going?” Jack asked as Mia ran to the other side of the park.

“Under a bush,” Mia laughed as Jack was getting out of breath. Mia crawled under a bush and Jack followed her.

“50!” They heard Alex shout.

“Shh! He's coming,” Mia laughed as she covered her mouth.

“Where are you guys?” As Alex walked right past them deliberately, Mia started to giggle and Alex turned around. “Found you!”

“Dammit!” Jack grinned as he and Mia crawled out from under the bush.

“Can we go to the beach?” Mia asked as she tugged on Alex's arm.

“I'm sure that would be fine.” Alex smiled as Jack nodded at him.

“Piggy back!” Mia grinned as she jumped on Alex's back and he started to carry her around.

“We can take her home if she's pissing you off,” Jack offered as he took out a cigarette and placed it between Alex's lips and lighting it up for him. Then lighting one up for himself.

“Nah, she's great.” Alex grinned as he blew smoke out through his nose.

“You look like a bull when you do that,” Mia giggled as her arms wrapped tightly around Alex's neck.

They walked slowly down to the beach, the sun at the end of setting so the sky was a lovely deep purple colour. Mia jumped off Alex's back and started playing in the sand, building a big castle. Alex and Jack were helping her by getting shells and building towers.

“It's so big,” Mia giggled as she looked at the tower. It was a bit taller than her.

“It is isn't it,” Jack smiled. “Now we let the tide get it, want to put your feet in the water?” Jack asked.

“Yeah!” Mia grinned as she pushed off her shoes and socks and rolled up her trousers. “Come on,” Mia said as she stood at the edge of the water, letting the waves hit off her feet.

Alex and Jack followed her in once they took off their socks and shoes and rolled up their trousers. They held Mia's hand and stayed at the edge of the water for a while.

After about an hour they got out the water and lay on the sand. It was getting dark and Mia was yawing every few minutes.

“Mia, do you want to go to bed? It has been a long day.” Jack asked as Mia slowly closed her eyes on the sand.

“No,” she shook her head and continued to keep her eyes shut.

Jack looked up at Alex and smiled, they lay back down on the sand and looked up at the sky, it was pretty much dark now. “Will I carry her?” Alex asked a few minutes later as Mia was sound asleep. God knows how she can sleep like that.

“If you want to,” Jack smiled as they stood up. Alex wrapped his arms around Mia and lifted her up.

They then walked back to the house, Alex and Jack carried her Jack's room and placed her on the bed and tucked her in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you :3
It's the start of the summer holidays so I'll probably update more
Zoe xx