Summer Time

2.

Sighing Alex pulled on a huge Blink 182 hoodie and slipped on some plain 3 quarter lengths, it was roasting outside. Well for a Scottish person it was roasting. Wrapping his head phones around his neck, he put on a pair of converse and shoved on a beanie hat before placing a cigarette between his lips and lighting it.

“I'm away,” Alex mumbled.

“Alex, next time I catch you smoking in the house other than in your room I'm going to take your cigarettes off of you.” Peter, his dad, hissed.

“Right, okay.” Once again sarcastically Alex smiled as he opened the door and walked outside.

Before walking a whole 10 steps Alex had to finish his fag, so he sat on his garden wall and crossed his legs. Thinking about what this person is going to be like, all he knows is that he is from America he doesn't even know his name. Well if he turns out to be a dick head then this summer is going to suck because he can guarantee you that his mum will force him to hang out with him. Plus he doesn't like hanging out with people that much, yeah he likes going to parties with his friends Rian and Zack, but that's different.

Stubbing out his fag Alex jumped off the wall and walked next door and chapped the door. Rosie answered the door and let him in, he had never been inside here so he casually looked around. Everything looked so clean and posh and very expensive.

“Alex this is my nephew Jack Barakat, Jack this is my neighbour Alex.” Rosie introduced them.

“Nice to meet you,” Alex shook his hand as he looked at the boy.

“You too,” Jack smiled.

Looking at Jack up and down Alex smiled, not too shabby. His hair was black and kind of spiked up, he has these huge dark eyes. Jack was a few inches taller than Alex, and much more slender. Though he looked quite cute, he had quite a tan on him as well, to be fair that's probably a normal skin colour Alex is just too pale.

“I've prepared you a lunch out in the garden, I'll leave you to it.” Rosie smiled as he lifted a book and walked up stairs.

“Sorry about her, she is desperately wanting me to meet new people.” Jack awkwardly giggled as they walked out into the garden. “Is Scotland always this cold?” Jack asked wrapping his arms around his body.

“Trust me, this is as warm as it gets.” Alex smiled as they sat at the small table, looking down there were two cheese sandwiches with a class of Irn-Bru.

“What is this drink?” Jack asked.

“Irn-Bru it's only the most amazing drink ever,” Alex smiled as he sipped at it. Jack nodded still finding it difficult understanding the Scottish accent. “You're having problems understanding me aren't you?” Alex giggled.

“Yeah sorry,” Jack awkwardly smiled.

“Don't worry about it. So Jack tell me about yourself,” Alex asked biting into his food.

“Well I'm Jack Barakat I'm 16 years old, I come from Baltimore. I live with my mum and sister, I play a little guitar. Yourself?” Jack asked sipping at his drink and actually liking it.

“Ah I play guitar as well, I'm Alex Gaskarth I'm also 16. I live with my mum and dad, I smoke a lot, I sit in my room a lot, I go to the occasional empty and what not.” Alex smiled as he gulped down his drink.

“Sorry but what is an empty?” Jack asked.

“Oh, it's an empty house, like someone's parent's have left so they throw a party.” Alex explained and Jack made an 'oh' sound. “So what would you like to do after lunch?”

“Em, would you mind showing me where everything is?” Jack asked.

“No problem,” Alex smiled as he finished off his lunch.

After their lunch they walked down the street, there was seriously nothing around here. They walked past a park filled with children, they walked past a few pubs and shops, then walked beside a beach.

“Wow, everything is so pretty around here.” Jack smiled as he took a deep breath.

“Really?” Alex raised an eyebrow as he lit up a cigarette, “You don't mind me smoking do you?” Alex asked blowing out smoke.

“No not at all,” Jack smiled as he looked over the sea.

Even though it was freezing cold Jack enjoyed it, it was so nice to just get away from the life in America. Plus he has now met Alex who seems nice enough, they are completely different people but they may have a few things in common. Staying in silence they walked on, Jack was looking at the shops that you couldn't find in America whilst Alex put in one ear phone and picked a song.

“What you listening to?” Jack asked.

“Oh, A Town Called Hypocrisy -Lostprophets,” Alex half smiled.

“I love Lostprophets, what else do you like?” Jack grinned.

“Really? Well I love Blink-182, All American Rejects, Cobra Starship, Lostprophets, Panic! at the Disco and 30 Seconds to Mars. Just that kind of stuff, what about you?” Alex asked.

“Pretty much just the same,” Jack smiled as they started a conversation about music. They talked about what songs they could play on guitar, what songs they hated and stuff. They didn't even realise they had walked around the town and made it back to the beach.

“You seem like a pretty awesome guy to be honest,” Alex smiled as they sat on a wall over looking the beach.

“Thank you, so do you.” Jack smiled

“Thanks,” Alex lit up another cigarette as he blew out the smoke. “Do you smoke? Or go to parties or whatever?” Alex asked.

“I've never smoked, I've went to a few parties but only been drunk once. Now I feel like a pussy,” Jack awkwardly smiled.

“Don't worry, hey there is an empty up at Zack's place you're welcome to come.” Alex asked looking out at the sea.

“I don't really know anyone, plus I would just be a burden to you.” Jack shrugged his shoulders.

“No you wouldn't, look you've got 3 days to think about it. I'd hang out with you and you'd meet new people,” Alex smiled.

“I'll think about it,” Jack smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all like it :)

Zoe xx