Summer Time

3.

That day the boys just walked about, sat on the beach and talked. They got to know each other pretty well, Alex found out a few things about Jack. Like, he is really smart and wants to do well with his life, he is quite hyper and likes good music. Jack found out that Alex is very sarcastic, doesn't really care about his school or grades though he seems like a nice kid.

“You know I've known you for about 12 hours and I think you're awesome,” Alex smiled as they walked home.

“Haha like wise, well I'll see you tomorrow?” Jack asked as they stood outside Jack's house.

“Yeah, bye.” Alex waved as he walked off home.

Once he got home it was midnight and his parents were both in bed. So he just sat in his room and smoked at his window, he doesn't really like the smell of stale smoke later on at night makes him feel sick as he sleeps. So sitting on his window sill he thought about that day, it was actually pretty fucking amazing and Jack is really nice. His kind of person, the thing that Alex liked most was his awkwardness, Jack he's always so awkward and it's kinda cute. Hopefully they will get along pretty well.

Meanwhile Jack was just getting used to his surroundings, so he poured himself a glass of coke and sat on his small balcony at his room. Seriously how rich is his auntie? That's not the point right now. Looking out he could see the water, it was so pretty he loved it here already despite it being freezing. Plus it's the first full day and he's already made a friend, he can't help but laugh at how different they are. But I guess opposites attract, I mean he wants to do well in life while Alex, not so much.

Jack thought about tomorrow, they were going to Alex's house to watch a movie and all that. Should be pretty fun, Alex's sarcasm is pretty hilarious.

The next morning Alex woke up at around 12 pm, not too bad. So stumbling out of bed he went in for shower, cleaned himself and walked out with just a pair of jeans on. Jack was coming over at 1, so he has plenty of time. So he played some music and lit up a cigarette and began to sing.

“Alex,” Alex heard his door being chapped so he opened it and his mother was standing there. “Can I come in?” She asked with a grin on her face, Alex gave a simple nod as she pushed her way through the crap on the floor and sat on the bed. Alex closed the door before blowing smoke out his mouth and finding a top to wear.

“What's up?” He asked flinging on a t-shirt.

“So tell me about Jack, is he nice? Is he cute?” Alex's mum does this thing where she treats Alex like a girl because he's attracted to the male species.

“I'm like the daughter you never had,” Alex smiled as he opened his window to let some fresh air in. “Yeah he's nice and cute, very different from me he actually wants to do well in his life.” Alex smirked as he stubbed out his fag and sat by his mum.

“Oh I wonder if he is gay, you should ask him.” Isobel smiled.

“Mum seriously you don't ask people that. Oh hey just met you by the way are you gay? He comes from America you never know.” Alex shrugged his shoulder.

“God, and I thought having a gay son would be far better.” Isobel teased.

“Haha,” Alex sarcastically laughed. “Anyway he's coming over soon and we're watching a movie.”

“I'll get out your hair, oh and clean up this cave you hibernate in.” Isobel said as she walked out the room.

Sighing Alex stood up and started to lift up clothes and shove them into a corner, just so the middle of the room looks clean at least. Spraying it with air freshener he sat down on his bed, it still looked like a pig sty but Alex couldn't care less. Not long later the door went and Jack chapped on Alex's bedroom door.

“Hey Alex,” Jack smiled as Alex opened the door.

“Hey Jack,” Alex looked at Jack he was wearing skinny jeans with a white t-shirt. “What movie do you want to watch? Oh sorry for all the shit lying around,” Alex closed the door as Jack sat on the bed.

“Hmm let me see,” Jack leaned forward as he looked at the DVDs Alex owned. “What about this one? 'Scary Movie 3'?” Jack pulled out the DVD and handed it to Alex.

“Sure okay, get yourself comfy.” Alex said as he put the DVD on and sat next to Jack on the bed.

The movie was good, they were both pissing their selves laughing through most of it then laughing at a few inside jokes. Once the movie was finished they went downstairs for some lunch.

“Jack this is my mum Isobel and my dad Peter,” Alex introduced.

“Nice to meet you I'm Jack,” Jack awkwardly waved.

“You too,” they said then started to question him about how he wasn't from Scotland. Jack then explained to him about how he comes for Baltimore and how he's staying here for 2 months.

“Your summers are really long, we only have 7 weeks,” Alex said as he raided through the cupboards.

“Well it's actually 9 weeks we have but I've got to spend a week with the family when I get back.” Jack sighed.

After lunch they returned upstairs into the pig sty that smelled like stale smoke covered in air freshener. Let me tell you, not a good combination so Alex opened a window and sat there as he lit up a cigarette.

“If you don't mind me asking, why do you smoke?” Jack asked sitting on the bed looking at Alex.

“Well I started when I just turned 15, I don't know it calms my nerves to be honest. Makes me think straight,” Alex smiled as he placed the cigarette between his lips. “So you thought any more about the empty?”

“Hmm, okay I'll go as long as you don't leave me alone.” Jack smiled, he felt kind of pathetic but he tried to shrug it off.

“Of course I wont,” Alex chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it, I know it's shite right now.
Thank you to everyone though