Prophecy of the Maiden: The Drakaedian Prince

Chapter Two

Chaos roared, his wings tearing from his back. Scales ripped from his flesh, sharp dragon fangs protruded obscenely from his mouth and talons curled from his fingers. Hurracki stood.

"Who dares harm a relative of the Royal family?" he demanded. Tornada ran to Alwinera, pulling the arrow out, in one swift motion, closed the wound with a wave of her hand and an earth spell.

Tsunami hid behind Chaos, his wings arching behind him to shield her effectively. Havoc had his sword drawn and Mayhem his daggers.

"We do. We're sick of being ordered around, we're giving the orders here, my Lord,," The head of the Guard sneered.

"Malaki, how could you betray me like this?" Hurraki said, staring at the very friend who had helped him build the kingdom and he owed his life to, many times over.

Traitors! Chaos' mind curled around that one word, twisting it.

"Traitor," Chaos spat. "You betray my father, the very man you have been a friend to for many a year, almost three millenia," Chaos took a step forward. Saliva dripped from his gaping maw. "You have the gall to come in here and openly threaten the Destruction family. No more," Chaos' blue eyes blazed. He took another step forward.

Hurraki put a hand on his sons shoulder. Chaos looked at him and he shook his head. Chaos hissed. I never could control my temper well, Chaos buffered his father with his wings, just as a crossbow bolt hit the spot where Hurraki had been.

Chaos looked to the right, the string still twanging. He threw his wing out and a crossbow pinned his wing to the wall, he screamed, staggering forward, as another pinned his other wing. Tsunami threw up a wall of water, shielding her favourite brother, running to him.

The guests snarled, drawing their weapons or plucking bows and arrows off suits of armor.

"Brother, are you alright?" Tsunami asked. His Drakaedian form had enhanced, a row of spikes lined his spine. His body convulsed as he tried to revert back to his elf form. Tsunami broke off the crossbow bolts, quickly braiding his hair and watching in fascinated horror as his bones shrank back to their original form.

Chaos gasped, leaning on Tsunami heavily.

"It still hurts to change, Tsu," She stroked his cheek, flinching when he grabbed her arm, talons still there. "I need to fight,"