Status: :D

Tonight We Can Be As One

Blame It on the Alcohol

Frank's POV

"I'm telling you Mikey, women are sometimes very crazy" Ray mumbled leaning against a wall that was preventing him to fall down. He was very drunk and so was Mikey, who was sitting next to me in the bar with his head ducked.
Yeah... Gerard and Ray's fun idea was to go to this cheap club in Kearny where you didn't need an ID to get in. Gerard's mission was to get Mikey and me drunk but that wasn't happening. Whenever Gerard offered me a glass of vodka, I gladly accepted and when he wasn't looking I threw it on the floor. Call me killjoy, but I was never into drinking or making a fool of myself and, actually, I didn't even like alcohol's taste.
"Wait a second" Mikey stuttered raising his head and pointing his finger to Ray. "I need to go to the bathroom" Mikey stood up and stumbled to the bathroom.
"Hey Frank... Help Mikey! He is already very drunk" Ray suggested me and I couldn't agree more, poor Mikey could've felt and sink his head in the toilet. I rushed towards Mikey because I saw him already starting to fall to his right. I caught him by the waist and manage (Yes manage! Because, even thought it doesn't look like, Mikey was heavier than me) to pull him close to me.
"Frankie!! What is up dude?" Mikey said wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "You are small" he commented and his very bad alcoholic breath invade my nostrils making me cough in disgust. "What? You shrank?"
"Yeah... Come on. Help me a little bit, you are very heavy"
"Heavy. Pfffttt... No way! I'm only 110 pounds! Gerard say that I look like a spaghetti noodle" He laughed as I made our way through the crowd and into the bathroom. "Wait here" Mikey pushed me against the bathroom's wall and started walking to the urinals. "No peeking" he yelped.
"I am not gonna peek! I don't want to see your ugly things" I hadn't even noticed that Gerard was there sitting next to the sink smoking.
"I can't believe I leave you... For what? 2 minutes? And you get this drunk? Jeez kiddo"
"It wasn't 2 minutes... It was like an hour" I remembered him leaving us to go to dance with a gal.
"Yeah... You went to dance with that chick that looked like a prostitute" Mikey retorted, he was right... That girl was undressing Gerard with his eyes since the very first moment we stepped into the bar.
"Worst decision of my life. She almost raped me! And she was indeed very ugly! She looked like Snookie!" He shivered abruptly. "Gross! I danced with her for 3 minutes and then run away and came to hide here. I don't want to see her ever again! I'd rather die!" He made me laugh... You should've seen the disgusting faces he was making.
"Done... We can go!" Mikey prompted zipping up his pants. Mikey walked past through me and went out. Gerard chuckled lighting up another cigarette and walking towards me.
"And how's Ray?"
"He's in the same condition" I replied.
"Both dick heads. But I am surprised of you! You look like you haven't drunk anything" he raised an eyebrow and gave a big drag to his cigarette.
"And so do you!" I commented trying to distract him.
"It is because I have to drink twice of what Mikey and Ray drink together to get myself drunk"
"Really? So do I" he frowned and looked at me suspiciously.
"Liar" he held me by both shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "Blow"
"What? Why? You know... If someone comes in they may think we are doing something very inappropriate"
"Just freaking blow Iero" he ordered and shook me slightly. So... I gave in... And did as I was told... Besides, I didn't think that it would be bad if he discovered what I've done.
"Fucking Liar. Your breath smells like watermelon!" Watermelon? Oh... Yeah! Bubblicious!
"Not true!" Gerard burst in laughter.
"Not true? You have to be kidding me! Come on" he pulled me by my t-shirt and dragged me out of the bathroom. "Sit there" he pointed at a chair next to Mikey and Ray that where now taking about health issues. The awesome topics you discuss under the influence.
"Excuse me can I have two tequila shots..." Gerard told the bartender.
"Uuhhh... Tequila for me too!" Ray yelled rising his arms.
"I want Fucking Tequila" Mikey rejoined.
"Give one more shot of tequila for fro man and a glass of Ginger Ale for the skinny kid pl..."
"Ginger Ale? What do you think I am 4? Give me a shot of tequila too, and don't listen to him" Mikey muttered.
"So... 4 tequila shots!" The bartender concluded.
"Whoohooo tequila for me" Mikey celebrated.
"Mom is gonna kill me when she sees Mikey" Gerard rubbed his forehead as he waited for the shots.
"4 shots. Here's salt and lemon" The bartender served. Gerard thanked and handed Ray and Mikey their drinks.
"Cheers" he lilted giving me my shot and drinking his really quickly before biting the lemon with salt.
"Now it's your turn!" I started looking for a way to avoid Gerard's attention.
"What are you waiting for? I won't move 'til I see you swallowing it all" he looked at me expecting. I had no escape... I had to drink it. I took the mini glass and closed my eyes as I poured the drink into my mouth, eventually I got the courage to swallow it, the liquid burning down my throat and I could still feel it burning even when it reached my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw Gerard holding a lemon towards me.
"This would get the bitter taste away" Gerard assured me, I gladly took it and eat it. "Was it good?" He asked me smiling widely and patting softly my shoulder.
"I dunno" I confessed.
"Believe me... You are gonna start to like it. Just two more shots"
"No, no, no, no. No more shots" I groaned.
"No more shots? Fine! Then... Get me a Dirty Martini Super Dry" Gerard demanded the bartender. He came to the place where we were and he prepared the cocktail in front of us and poured the mix into a typical martini glass.
"Enjoy" Gerard thanked him and then he turned to see me.
"Enjoy Frankert" he put the Martini in my left hand. I stared at the drink doubtfully... It looked disgusting; it had olives and mini pieces of olives floating in a very obscure water.
"Frankert, Frankert, Frankert" Gerard cheered me.
"Sorry... I won't drink this"
"Oh... Please? You haven't drink anything. Besides this is something I've been organizing for months! Don't say that you didn't like it because I would feel very bad" Gerard gave me puppy eyes. How could I resist to those puppy eyes? Again, I closed my eyes and drank it very fast trying not to think about it's flavor. Within seconds I've drunk the whole content.
"Good! High 5" I couldn't give Gerard a high five because for some reason I started to feel weird.
"What is the point of this?" I asked Gerard.
"It is fun! Well... For me it is fun! And you know... sometimes it is good to loose yourself. Just LIVE" Gerard exclaimed. I chuckled.
"See... It is funny to see drunk people. Just turn around" I carefully turned around and for some unknown reason Ray and Mikey were crying hugging each other.
"And you know, my mom doesn't let me follow my dream of being a guitar player. I really want to" Ray cried even harder.
"But you are awesome! You... Play well! Not well... PEERFEECT! You are a master. I can't believe your mom says that... You shouldn't listen just... Dream" Mikey hugged Ray tighter and cried with him. It was a really hilarious view... I've never thought how stupid you could look when drunk.
I turned around to see Gerard who was already waiting for me with a humongous glass of beer.
"Here" I wanted to refuse the drink but for some reason my hand grabbed the glass and drank it without second guessing.
"No more" I said when finishing the beer.
"One more. The last one" He placed another glass of I had no idea what it was but I drank it anyway.
"You are starting to like it, don't you?" Gerard said quite amused. I shook my head and then regretting it as it made me feel very dizzy.
"I don't feel good" I confessed.
"That's normal... Come here" He took my head with both hands and shook it a lot.
"Leave me! Stop it Gerard" Gerard stopped shaking me and I felt like my head was spinning and my eyes got blurred out.
"Frank? Are you ok?" I nodded. I actually felt great, a little bit goofy but great!
"Sure?"
"Sicurissimo! Non posso credere come mi sento... Benissimo!" I finished giggling and Gerard looked at me stranged.
"What?"
"Tu sei sordo o qualcosa?"
"Frank... I can't understand you! You are talking freaking italian" Really? I had no idea, I just started talking but didn't analyze what I was actually saying.
"Nah... Doesn't matter!"
"Can I get you anything else?" The bartender came to ask us.
"Sure! Get me another shot of tequila" Yeah... It was ME saying that.
"Tequila shot for you and for you?"
"I won't drink anything else! I have to drive" Gerard refused.
"Boring!" I yelled at him and tried to push him slightly but instead of pushing him, I felt of my chair. My brain was thinking about the actions and the things I was going to do or say... But my body was doing otherwise. Dunno how but Gerard took me by both arms and pulled me up like a puppet making me sit on the chair.
"Stay still and wait here. I'll be right back" I saw Gerard walking towards Ray who was dancing with a very fat red headed girl. Gerard said something to him into his ear and then by an arm he pulled Ray into the bathroom.
"Hey man... This two are from those guys sitting over there" the bartender informed me while placing two glasses of some red drink and pointed to two guys who were eyeing me from the other side of the bar. As you heard me, they were two guys... Offering me drinks. Well I was thristy... So thank you?
I took one and turned to offer the other one to Mikey who was passed out with his head leaning in the bar table.
I moved him but he looked dead.
"Mikey! Mikey!" I shaked him carefully trying not to make him and myself fall off our chairs. He groaned and said something like "fuck you, go!" So I was left with two drinks that I gladly drank, one after the other. I was actually enjoying this.
"Ok Ray, now I want you to focus! Pick up Mikey and get him to the car... I'll get Frank!" Ray headed towards the place where Mikey was, Ray's face was wet and his fro was combed and tamed. He easily took Mikey in his arms and threw him over his shoulder.
"Let's go" Gerard approached to me, took me by an arm and pulled me off the chair carefully.
"No! I don't wanna go! Let me gooooooooo!" I started to act like a jerk, thanks to the alcohol effects.
"Frank... We have to! Don't make this harder... Hey, how did you get those drinks?"
"I have my fans" I simply replied smiling.
"Fans? God Frank... Your breath smells worse than a whiskey bottle. It's like you have drank 30 cocktails"
"31 actually!" I threw myself into Gerard's arms as I felt that I couldn't stay in my feet properly. "Don't take me home! I want to dance! Whoooo I love this song!!! Dance with me!" I started moving my hips to the rhythm of David Guetta's 'Sexy Bitch', Gerard just laughed at me while shaking his hair and then took me by the waist so he could pick me up just as Ray did with Mikey. I handled to slip away from Gerard's grip and kept on dancing. Gerard took my arm and then my face with both hands
"Frank stop! We gotta go! Please come with me! If you want, as soon as we get home, I download this song and dance with you but right now we need to get outta here, ok?" He stared right into my eyes with his beautiful hazels. I never realized how handsome he was. A small ray of light was falling directly in his face making his hazel eyes light up and making his flawless pale skin glow.
"Wow, you are pretty!" I obnoxiously observed. Gerard let go my face and scratched his head.
"Yeah... It's obvious that you have exceeded your alcohol limit..."
"No, no, no! I mean it! You are dead handsome!"
"Def... No more drinks for you tonight" Gerard pulled me by the waist once again and threw me over his shoulder so that my head was upside down.
"Gerard? Get me down please?" I begged as I start to feel that all my blood was to going to my head and I felt nauseous.
"No Frank... We are almost there." I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. I heard Gerard's footsteps and how he opened the door, then I felt a fresh breeze caressing my face.
"Open the door" I heard Gerard telling someone. Then I felt how I was placed in the car's seat and then my foot hit something.
"Oww Frank! Move to the other side of the car!" I opened my eyes and saw Mikey rubbing his head. I mumbled something that was supposed to be a 'sorry'.
"Are you sure you ok to drive?" Ray muttered. "If not... I driving the carrrr" he voweled. Obviously he was not okay. I'd rather stay in the bar with the creepy guys that offered me drinks than be in a car with Ray driving in such condition.
"No Ray... It's ok! I'll drive! Don't worry just sit there with your seat belt on" Gerard awared and putting the car to march.
I think that all the drive home I felt asleep because I barely remember anything. I didn’t even know if we had left Ray at his house or if he was still with us by the time we get to the Way’s house.
“Frank?” I heard Gerard’s sweet voice waking me up. I tried to open my eyes but for some reason I just couldn’t. “Hey man! Wake up! C’mon!” Gerard slapped softly my face, that helped a little bit and I managed to open my eyes a little bit. I was still sitting uncomfortably in Gerard’s car. “We are home! C’mon get out” he said placing his hands in my back and pulling me out. I saw my feet touching the ground and started walking in the direction Gerard was leading them to.
“Michael! Couldn’t you just hold on a second and pee in the bathroom’s house once I opened the door?” Gerard miffed.
“Well now Mom won’t need to water her flowers tomorrow” Mikey sang out.
“Grooosssss” Every word that left was mouth was being drawled.
“Yeah I know!” Gerard agreed chuckling while opening the door.
“Ok Manneken Pis kid, get in” Mikey came running towards us and entered the house before us.
“Thank God, mom is not home yet” Gerard mumbled and placed my left arm over his shoulders.
“Ray?” I blubbered instead of asking ‘Where is Ray?’ which was what I really wanted to ask.
“Oh, he’s still in the front seat of my car. He is kind of heavy so I’ll wait until he wakes up and brings his ass up here himself.” I laughed.
“Ok Frank, now you need to help me to get you to your room. You have to go up the stairs. You are gonna put one feet up whenever I say the word ‘stair’, got it?” I nodded. “Ok, let’s go! Stair! Stair! Stair! Stair!” I had my head ducked and my eyes focusing on my feet. I wasn’t able to stand up straight and watch what was in front of me. Seeing how my feet moved and seeing also all those stairs made me dizzy, I could tell that I was starting to see double.
“And the final one… Good! We made it! Now, let’s walk you to your room”
“No” I said as I felt something weird in the pit of my stomach.
“What?” Gerard put my fringe out of my face.
“Bathroom” I muttered.
“You are not gonna vomit, are you?” Instead on an answer, I just coughed and put a hand to my mouth as I already felt something wanting to come out. “Fuck! Wait! Frank, don’t do that here!” Don’t know how but in a blink of an eye I was already in the bathroom. I kneeled down in front of the toilet and threw up. Gerard got behind me and prevented my hair to get vomit-dirty. “You are feeling ok?” he asked utterly concerned once I had stopped.
“Yes” He helped up to my feet and closed the toilet’s cover after he flushed it.
“Sit here” he made me sit in the toilet’s cover so he could be able to clean my face with a damp cloth. “Do you want to wash your mouth?” he asked joking. I would have loved to do that but my hands couldn’t have done that properly, so I shook my head. “Let’s get you to your room then” We got out of the bathroom with me being carried in Gerard’s back. I felt how he placed me softly in my bed and covered my body with a blanket.
“Now get some rest! Tomorrow, you may have a terrible hangover so as soon as you wake up you have to take the 2 advils I will leave for you in your night stand table, ok?”
“Thanks”
“You cannot tell anything about this to anyone. Not to mom, not to dad, not to anyone! Promise?” he pleaded as he sat in my bed next to me.
“I promise”
“Don’t tell mom that Mikey peed on her plants”
“I won’t” I giggled.
“Ok, I trust you! Now sleep and if you start feeling bad again, you know where to find me” Gerard started getting up.
“Gee?” I whispered.
“Yes?” He said sitting back.
“I… wanted…” Gerard got closer to listen to what I had to say as I was talking very quietly. “Thanks” was all I said.
“You are welcome” he whispered in my ear making me shiver slightly.
“Gerard? I…” He was looking straight at me with his marvelous hazel eyes. “I…” I pulled myself closer to him. I felt his delicate nose touching mine, his hot breath caressing my face, something growing in the pit of my stomach which I was sure it wasn’t vomit this time. I was feeling the urge to kiss him. I just closed my eyes expectantly…
“Good Night Frank” then he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! I made it… I managed to update a chapter in a week! I feel so happy right now! I feel like dancing “Pocketful of Sunshine” around my room! Ok people, I hope everyone likes it!
Yeah, I know, you are probably hating me for not making Gerard kiss drunk Frank, but he has his reasons!
1. Frank just vomited.
2. He has a girlfriend.
3. They’ve known each other for a little time.
So wait until Lynz gets abducted and Frank has his mouth clean :D Sorry I’m kind of hyper right now! Soooo hopefully, I will be able to update next chapter next week too!
Comments please? I really want to know what do you think so far.
P.S. If someone doesn’t know why Gerard called Mikey “Manneken Pis” kid, it is because there is a landmark in Belgium where they have this sculpture of a naked kid called “Petit Julien” who is peeing in a fountain.
For more info go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis

Oh! I'm writing a new story about Mikey and...you! It's written in second person narrative so I'm sure you will love it.
I wrote it and post it here but after the first chapter I gave up on it...now I've decided to bring it to life again and I can say it's way better than last time. So I'll leave you the link so you can go and subscribe. Thanks! :)

A Tale of Two Hearts